For those skeptical about the EA vault...

#11NotCeoPosted 8/2/2014 9:27:04 AM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Rdeal2 posted...
How can people see this as a negative? I don't own Battlefield which cost 55 on the store so i can pay 20 and play it for a year along with other games .
I buy all my games digitally and each EA game i buy while having access saves me 5 so i only have to buy 4 EA games and i have my money back.
The only way i would see this as a bad thing is if i was a Sony fanboy butthurt that it's not on my console

Well like I was saying, for right now, as of this very moment, the games it's offering are only going to appeal to a select few out of...say like 20 people. But probably 2-3 years from now that number of people this sub based program will appeal to will probably be more like 2-3 out of every 10. The more and more games they add to the program, the larger the install base will get. That's a no brainer.

You're operating under the assumption that once a game is added to the vault, it'll stay there. That's not going to happen. They'll be adding/removing content from the vault over time. It also appears that once a game is removed from the vault, you would no longer have access to it, even if you already downloaded it.
#12XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/2/2014 9:32:59 AM
If they offered games from the SNES/Genesis/PS1/N64 era maybe i might have been on board with this but the way it is now.....meh
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#13mike468Posted 8/2/2014 10:53:54 AM
Sith Jedi posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
But essentially is just like MS & Sonys free game system (and with EA having their own, you need not worry about an EA game taking up one of the GwG games anymore)

but this diminishes the value of XBLG yet not changing the price to match it. I doubt the discounts with this service will stack with the sales that occur on xbox live. This service essentially removes EA games that would have been on sale on xbox live gold and you have to sub to a new service to get discounts on those games. and unlike xblg where discounts could potentially be over 66% off EA discounts seem to be at a fixed 10% off. Also we need to consider that Beta's for EA games (say Titanfall 2) will now be locked behind this new premium subscription. so whereas with Titanfall one all you needed was xblg to get access to beta now you need both xblg and EA sub to access it.

That's a whole lot of assumptions.

It is. While i didn't real all the details on this, I could have sworn they said EA subscribers will be early access. I would assume it will work similarly to EA's Battlefield premium, where it goes up 1-2 weeks early for EA subscribers and the rest of us have wait a little while longer.

I also have a feeling EA subscribers will a low number compared to the overall XBL gold subscribers and EA would be shooting themselves in the foot if they honestly felt they could get away with legitimately locking the stuff behind an extra paywall. I think it will only be early access and timed exclusive, but not entirely exclusive.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#14lunaticcorePosted 8/2/2014 10:59:07 AM
NotCeo posted...
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Rdeal2 posted...
How can people see this as a negative? I don't own Battlefield which cost 55 on the store so i can pay 20 and play it for a year along with other games .
I buy all my games digitally and each EA game i buy while having access saves me 5 so i only have to buy 4 EA games and i have my money back.
The only way i would see this as a bad thing is if i was a Sony fanboy butthurt that it's not on my console

Well like I was saying, for right now, as of this very moment, the games it's offering are only going to appeal to a select few out of...say like 20 people. But probably 2-3 years from now that number of people this sub based program will appeal to will probably be more like 2-3 out of every 10. The more and more games they add to the program, the larger the install base will get. That's a no brainer.

You're operating under the assumption that once a game is added to the vault, it'll stay there. That's not going to happen. They'll be adding/removing content from the vault over time. It also appears that once a game is removed from the vault, you would no longer have access to it, even if you already downloaded it.

Everything seems to indicate that the plan is to only take games out of the Vault in odd cases when they have a specific reason to remove them.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#15RockguyKevPosted 8/2/2014 11:20:09 AM
<<Like quitting the service takes away the games the service provides (who the hell does that?).>>

Netflix, Charter, ATT, my rental car, hotels, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Prime, Hulu...

So, just about every subscription service. I mean, I'm no EA fan and have no desire to subscribe to this thing but the argument people are making against it are really, really dumb.
#16NotCeoPosted 8/2/2014 11:48:54 AM
lunaticcore posted...

Everything seems to indicate that the plan is to only take games out of the Vault in odd cases when they have a specific reason to remove them.

The ToS hints at them removing titles over time.
Vault titles are available:
for the duration of their availability in the Vault.

Normally, you would see some sort of fine print in a ToS that allows them to change/cancel services without notice. Which they'd point to in case anyone was upset that they removed a game. This specifically mentions titles in the vault having a time element to their availability. To me that means that vault titles are only going to be available for a certain amount of time.
#17lunaticcorePosted 8/2/2014 11:59:22 AM
The app is set up for having a ton of games in it, and they have specifically mentioned that they have no plans to remove the games. The terms are only hinting that they need to reserve the right to remove games. It it possible that something could pop up that forces them to remove a game because of licensing, or lawsuits etc..
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#18Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/2/2014 12:00:42 PM
Right now, all they plan to offer is year old games for $5 a month, it isn't a bad deal but this soon in the console life. There isn't going to be much selection for the games and if you really wanted to play the game, you could pick it up for $20 before it even gets placed on the service.

The service will fail, after the first month people will unsub because they played all they wanted and the next game for the service will be when? 5 months down the road?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant