EA Access FAQ

#1PizzatarianPosted 7/31/2014 1:35:47 AM
What is EA Access?

EA Access is a new program for Xbox One gamers that lets you play the best of EA for as low as $4.99 a month. Members can binge on an assortment of awesome games in The Vault, a handpicked selection of great Xbox One games from EA. EA Access members also have the opportunity to try new games five days before the release date, and enjoy 10% discounts on EA digital download purchases, including full games, downloadable content and in-game currency. Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply.

How do I join EA Access?

EA Access membership is available to Xbox One gamers through Xbox Live. You will soon be able to sign up through the EA Access Hub app after downloading it to your console.

Where else can I purchase an EA Access membership?

Coming soon, GameStop fans will be able to purchase an EA Access membership at their local GameStop retail store. In the UK, gamers will also be able to purchase their membership through GAME stores.

How much does EA Access cost?

Membership in EA Access has been priced affordably at $4.99 per month, but you can save even more: $29.99 for a full year.

When does EA Access go live?

You’ll be able to become an EA Access member this summer. We’ll announce the launch day soon. Stay tuned!

What is The Vault?

The Vault is an evolving selection of EA's Xbox One games that EA Access members can download and play while an active member. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4, with more titles being added soon.

What will the pre-release trials include? Will my progress carry over?

Each game is different, so each game’s trial will be, too. In some titles you’ll be able to play one of the game's modes for a limited time, while other times you can jump right into the full game. And since you’ll always be playing the real game, any progress you make will carry over so you can pick up where you left off on launch day.

Who can become an EA Access member?

EA Access is available to all Xbox One owners in supported territories.

Will EA Access be available in my country?

At launch, EA Access will be available in Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom, and the United States with additional territories to follow

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/faq.html
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#2rdlee4474Posted 7/31/2014 2:07:24 AM
Here's a question.

How do you activate the 10% off discount?

Battlefield Premium is on sale for $33.49 right now via the weekly sale but when I go to buy it, the 10% doesn't come off of that price.

Actually, none of the DLC's are give me the 10% off when I click on them.

(And yes, I am a Gold member)
#3slowdog76Posted 7/31/2014 2:08:19 AM
presumably discounts are not stacked
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#4Pizzatarian(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 2:16:32 AM
slowdog76 posted...

Especially since one is a Microsoft discount and the other is an EA discount.
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#5Jedi454Posted 7/31/2014 2:27:00 AM
Sticky Requested bro.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#6Apex-PlayerPosted 7/31/2014 2:33:54 AM
Pizzatarian posted...
slowdog76 posted...

So is there going to be/ is there an option to choose between MS half off, or EAs 10% off?
Or will MS not get to have sales like this of EAs titles soon.
If so, why the hype.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#7J2thaMPosted 7/31/2014 2:52:12 AM
Is it possible to unlock achievements for these games?
#8Pizzatarian(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 2:56:39 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Pizzatarian posted...
slowdog76 posted...

So is there going to be/ is there an option to choose between MS half off, or EAs 10% off?
If so, why the hype.

Well, in regards to BF4. You could get the EA subscription for $30 a year, which not only gives you access to BF4, but also Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, and Peggle 2. Plus, whatever games are added to the vault over time. In addition, you can purchase EA games and their DLC for 10% off.

However, right now Microsoft currently has each BF4 DLC pack for $9.99 (regularly $14.99) or the premium bundle for $33.49 (regularly $49.99). So for the people that are interested in buying BF4, the EA access might be more worth their money considering they would get access to these four games (and the others that are added) for $30/year. Then, if they play BF4 and decide they want the DLC, then they can get it right now through Microsoft at a better deal.
---
#9slowdog76Posted 7/31/2014 3:00:16 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Pizzatarian posted...
slowdog76 posted...

If so, why the hype.

if ms are offering half off, why would you want to switch to 10% off?

the service shows the lowest discount. if i want to buy BF Premium, then it is at the MS discount, not the EA one. when the offer ends, it will go back to the default 10|% off price.

MS sales in future? who knows. cant predict that.

as for achievements (@J2thaM), if you are referring to titles in the vault, yes. if you are referring to titles in the early access, it is unknown at the moment, and could change on a game to game basis. having said that, i see no reason why, if you have been given the full game 5 days early, you cant unlock them. i mean, they have said saves transfer, so it would stand to reason....
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#10Apex-PlayerPosted 7/31/2014 3:08:23 AM
Oh ok so for now you get the better deal,
but later if EA decides MS can't discount their games anymore (when they have enough subscribers)
xboxone users will need to pay EA for the privilege of subscribing to their service to receive EA type 10% deals instead...
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh