EA Access = EA won't be offering their games for "Games with Gold" now

#41MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/31/2014 5:28:18 PM
EA has some of the greatest games in the industry. I'm so happy about this partnership.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#420PTICSPosted 7/31/2014 5:40:47 PM
GwG on X1 is a rental service anyways, so I don't really care. $5 a month is nothing compared to $5 for 4 hours.

So with EA Access, EA games may not make it to GwG... now how about EA games hitting PS+? Is that no longer possible in any form?
#43Goregasm17Posted 7/31/2014 5:51:26 PM
I do not like the thought of receiving hand outs when I'm totally capable of purchasing these games, either. EA Access is a good deal.
#44youngunner2123Posted 7/31/2014 5:51:48 PM
0PTICS posted...
GwG on X1 is a rental service anyways, so I don't really care. $5 a month is nothing compared to $5 for 4 hours.

So with EA Access, EA games may not make it to GwG... now how about EA games hitting PS+? Is that no longer possible in any form?

4 hours REAL TIME at that. Now that is just ridiculous. So you would have to sit and playit for the 4 hours straight if not you are losing time. SMDH
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#45Spider5800Posted 7/31/2014 5:58:04 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

EA has never put anything on Games with Gold. EA most likely was never GOING to put anything on Games with Gold. The only publishers that have consistently put stuff on GoG are Microsoft (duh), Ubisoft, Capcom and Square Enix. There's one game from THQ on there (released AFTER THQ disolved) and a handful from smaller publishers like Wizards of the Coast and 2k, but nothing from either of the two biggest publishers (EA and Activision) and that was unlikely to change.

Dumb topic is dumb.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#46Xerosnake90Posted 7/31/2014 6:00:13 PM
I can see myself using it as a rental service every now and then to play and beat a new game.
#47avanentPosted 7/31/2014 7:57:29 PM(edited)
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Dark World Ruler posted...
How does "I dont like their games enough to get a subscription to rent their older titles"

Their older titles are what would be listed in games with gold. You literally said I don't like their games enough to pay 2 dollars a month to rent their older titles. Why would a two dollar difference change that fact? You clearly don't like their games regardless.

Uh, no. Stop being so narrow minded.

For me, I don't like EA much, but I do have a couple titles from them here or there. I like the titles I have from them, but don't care for the ones I don't have from them (thus why no purchase). While I would like the possibility to have access to some of their titles through the 1st party subscription deal, I don't want to have to deal with a second subscription for a publisher that I only sometimes like titles from.

EA is a publisher, and I don't care for MOST of the products they publish (you can decide if its the studio/developers fault or EA's fault). In addition, I also don't care for some of EA's policies and treatment of employees and studios. However, there are a couple studios/developers they publish for that I do like, and want to support even though EA is the publisher. So, I'd also prefer not to directly support EA as whole. Not everything is black and white, there are shades of gray. Try to understand other opinions or rationals beyond your own.

Not sure about GWG, but EA currently has Dead Space 3 up on PS+, and Crysis 3 slated for August. If they are willing to put stuff on PS+, you would think they'd be willing on GWG, but that is now less likely with EAA.
#48MixorzPosted 7/31/2014 8:50:23 PM
Sounds good for the many people who don't like EA. I mean, now you'll never get a free game from a publisher you dislike.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#49redeyes6778Posted 7/31/2014 9:36:39 PM
Do you need XBL Gold to use this EA subscription?