Confirmed Destiny Level Cap Goes Past Level 20

#11pnut3844Posted 7/31/2014 1:59:50 PM
Bungie, on their website, says level cap is 20. I'm going by what the makers of the game say.
#12Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 2:01:38 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
That sounds freaking EPIC. There's just something about WoW that got me hooked where you put on a piece of gear and just slowly raise your gearscore it kept me hooked for years.

Then when I played the beta I really felt this EXACT vibe.

I do not feel that way about borderlands at all, ever. Hype meter 100%.

I didn't get the same feeling from Borderlands 2 like I did for the first one, I was hooked looking up loot chest after loot chest. Destiny has a lot of potential.
---
"As representative of XBRO (XBox Revolutionary Order), we gladly embrace the ideology - killerbasa
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#13xHughJasxPosted 7/31/2014 2:04:10 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
xHughJasx posted...
This has been known for months

That's funny, I remember lots and lots of people after playing the beta complaining and even "cancelling" their pre orders because they didn't want a level 20 cap.

---

Those people were ill informed
#14Kpt_KapowskiPosted 7/31/2014 2:06:25 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Bungie, on their website, says level cap is 20. I'm going by what the makers of the game say.

the dude playing is literally making the game. Pay attention.
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
If marathons were easy, they'd be called your mom
#15phoenix9291Posted 7/31/2014 2:06:58 PM
xHughJasx posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
xHughJasx posted...
This has been known for months

That's funny, I remember lots and lots of people after playing the beta complaining and even "cancelling" their pre orders because they didn't want a level 20 cap.

---

Those people were ill informed

Yeah the soft cap has been speculated to be 20 for quite some time with the light stat being able to boost you beyond that.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#16uniquebadgerPosted 7/31/2014 2:12:14 PM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
Best game 2014. Halo killer for sure.

Halo and Destiny are two completely different games, and they play vastly different. I don't understand why one has to be a killer of the other?
#17DarthUchiha91Posted 7/31/2014 2:13:46 PM
This is good to hear. Still a little sore about the endgame raids being friends only, but depending on the other contents endgame I might overlook it.
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#18MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/31/2014 2:20:37 PM
uniquebadger posted...
ThatLaoGuy posted...
Best game 2014. Halo killer for sure.

Halo and Destiny are two completely different games, and they play vastly different. I don't understand why one has to be a killer of the other?

Don't feed the trolls. This bickering is pointless. Phil Spencer will provide us with the location of the Sony fortress by the time Halo MCC is operational. We will then crush the Rebellion with one swift stroke.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#19phoenix9291Posted 7/31/2014 2:23:12 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
pnut3844 posted...

The soft cap is still 20. The video itself shows that the only way to get beyond that is by equipping armor with light on it. Pay attention.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#20Kpt_KapowskiPosted 7/31/2014 2:44:41 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
pnut3844 posted...

The soft cap is still 20. The video itself shows that the only way to get beyond that is by equipping armor with light on it. Pay attention.

key words, soft cap. Pnuts post makes it sound like its a hard cap. Pay attention.
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
If marathons were easy, they'd be called your mom