Confirmed Destiny Level Cap Goes Past Level 20

#21EllesarienPosted 7/31/2014 2:50:30 PM(edited)
This is better news but it will all be determined by where this "light" gear will drop. If it is in group or future guild areas then this really changes nothing for those that were the most concerned by it.

I have no desire to random group grind the same spot over an over and over again looking for "light" loot.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#22phoenix9291Posted 7/31/2014 2:51:56 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Bungie, on their website, says level cap is 20. I'm going by what the makers of the game say.

the dude playing is literally making the game. Pay attention.

The soft cap is still 20. The video itself shows that the only way to get beyond that is by equipping armor with light on it. Pay attention.

key words, soft cap. Pnuts post makes it sound like its a hard cap. Pay attention.

I did pay attention and Pnuts does not say hard cap. That is something you read into. The soft level cap is 20. You can not gain experience to raise it beyond that. Anything beyond 20 s based on the light stat on armor and that number above 20 can raise or drop depending on the amount of light.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#23Kpt_KapowskiPosted 7/31/2014 2:55:31 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Bungie, on their website, says level cap is 20. I'm going by what the makers of the game say.

the dude playing is literally making the game. Pay attention.

The soft cap is still 20. The video itself shows that the only way to get beyond that is by equipping armor with light on it. Pay attention.

key words, soft cap. Pnuts post makes it sound like its a hard cap. Pay attention.

I did pay attention and Pnuts does not say hard cap. That is something you read into. The soft level cap is 20. You can not gain experience to raise it beyond that. Anything beyond 20 s based on the light stat on armor and that number above 20 can raise or drop depending on the amount of light.

wow, thanks for that new info!
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
If marathons were easy, they'd be called your mom
#24phoenix9291Posted 7/31/2014 2:58:29 PM
Upset I called you out for your response towards Pnuts?
---
#25Kpt_KapowskiPosted 7/31/2014 3:01:53 PM
phoenix9291 posted...

why would I be upset? Because his comment was stupid? LOL!

but good job calling me out, brah!
---
#26phoenix9291Posted 7/31/2014 3:06:24 PM(edited)
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

So you read into something, possibly incorrectly as he never specified hard or soft cap, and decided to act superior to them and now call their comment stupid. Okay then. You certainly seem upset right now though.
---
#27Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 3:06:48 PM
Well I'm glad it's not the "soft" cap but once this game comes out I can't wait to hit that "hard" cap and plow right through the campaign.

---
---
"As representative of XBRO (XBox Revolutionary Order), we gladly embrace the ideology - killerbasa
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#28phoenix9291Posted 7/31/2014 3:10:09 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Well I'm glad it's not the "soft" cap but once this game comes out I can't wait to hit that "hard" cap and plow right through the campaign.

---

I wonder what the hard cap will be though...what were the leaks of the levels for the vault of glass?
---
#29Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 3:11:50 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

---

I wonder what the hard cap will be though...what were the leaks of the levels for the vault of glass?

Was that the "end game" footage you speak off?

---
---
"As representative of XBRO (XBox Revolutionary Order), we gladly embrace the ideology - killerbasa
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#30Kpt_KapowskiPosted 7/31/2014 3:16:31 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
phoenix9291 posted...

So you read into something, possibly incorrectly as he never specified hard or soft cap, and decided to act superior to them and now call their comment stupid. Okay then. You certainly seem upset right now though.

ah yes, the ol' LOL U MAD response.

nice try.
---