EA subscription service don't buy it! No point in MS and gamers losing, EA wins!

#1mooocooow02Posted 7/31/2014 10:06:17 AM
Let us get off by saying this, 80/80,the deal, $30 a year deal is only a DEAL if you play all the old games for free. However, is it true that once you cancel the subscription you lose out on the old games, or do you get to keep them?

1. EA will make money off you buying NEW games, they already aren't worth $60 and just found a way to make you pay more money. E.g. My roommate bought NCAA and Madden last year new, $120 let's throw in 12 for tax $132 So, let us say he was subscribed to this. 30+54+54=$138, let's throw in 10 for tax because the subscription isn't taxed (I hope) $148. (with tax at 6%)

2. Buying two games new, means you LOSE, let's check out what happens when you buy three NEW. 180, plus tax $198. Now, three new games plus this subscription, 30+54+54+54=192, then throw in tax without taxing the subscription, $207. Again, you lose.

3. Wasn't EA just voted one of the worst companies in America? This model shows you that no matter what you do, they win. If you sign up to play old games, you lose because they are already basically free at stores or if you are a real fan you already have them (how many versions of Fifa/Madden do you really want to play?) and if you want to buy the next years game, you should wait for a price drop, or just buy it the day of.

4. At the end of the day, there is no version of this where the consumer comes out on top, which is bad for us.....someone please check my math and logic and critique me.
---
I wont' change this signature until F-zero, Mario Kart, and or Zelda are released for Wii U
#2mooocooow02(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 10:07:21 AM
Btw MS loses because all problems with this will be directed to them, not EA. So, while LIVE is a great online service, I am sure EA will find a way to much it up....not so much for gamers who go to sites like these, buy people who don't game often or mothers who are oblivious to such things. I can see a potential backlash here.
---
I wont' change this signature until F-zero, Mario Kart, and or Zelda are released for Wii U
#3LEGEND_725Posted 7/31/2014 10:09:40 AM
My god the nintendrones and ponies are in full damage control.

*not changing my sig until EA releases a game on WII U*

LMAO
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#4ExempliGratiaPosted 7/31/2014 10:10:37 AM
How many threads are we going to see about this? It's getting ridiculous.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#5aheroafakePosted 7/31/2014 10:15:40 AM
ExempliGratia posted...

---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#6scoobydoobydontPosted 7/31/2014 10:17:35 AM
ExempliGratia posted...

The only way to stop them is to start a new topic to tell them to stop making topics. That usually works, you should try it. Be sure to mention the EA subscription in the title.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GJYBL1e.jpg
^ NeoGAF mod and Microsoft "shill" perma-banner bishoptl, wearing a spiffing new hat from his sponsors at Sony
#7redditon4chanPosted 7/31/2014 10:18:28 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

The only way to stop them is to start a new topic to tell them to stop making topics. That usually works, you should try it. Be sure to mention the EA subscription in the title.

Laughed out loud. Thanks.
#8HaloDad020508Posted 7/31/2014 10:21:36 AM
Already bought it TC. Sue me.
---
Playing Witcher 2, Hitman Blood Money, Thief
Anticipating Destiny, AC Unity, Halo MC Collection
#9lninjasoniclPosted 7/31/2014 10:22:45 AM
mooocooow02 posted...
Let us get off

...DONE!!
---
I can see exactly 6 years into the future. I have 2020 vision.
#10iamdanthamanPosted 7/31/2014 10:27:08 AM
Hypothetical situation: Gamer has not upgraded to next gen yet. Gamer decides to buy next gen system. He buys an Xbox One and subscribes to EA access and gets 4 games(growing to more in the future) for $30. That is worth it for him.

Darkest Timeline: Same gamer decides instead to buy a PS4, and subscribes to PSNow for $50, but then has to pay more to actually play the games(which are all old games).

Which is a better deal?
---
All your base are belong to us