Poll of the Day: EA and MICROSOFT subscription

#11Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 1:21:33 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
I'd be curious if every system had it as an option how the vote would go.

That's a very good question. Any deal that's exclusive with Microsoft will have some of the toxicity associated with Microsoft all over it as people examine why it was rejected for poor quality by Sony.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12AzaneAzerPosted 7/31/2014 1:24:14 PM(edited)
charging montly for access to demos and year old sports games is kind of greedy.

Heck, they already put those demos out for free mostly now, and the sports games are literally abandonare, so it's free for them to give them away, only 2nd hand sales appear which dont generate them profit after a year.

dueric posted...
In fairness, Bill Gates has donated over $28 Billion dollars to charity.

you realize that the write off for his donations meant he saved 35 billion in taxes overall, making it a profit move, not a charity donation, right?
#13ScRuiPosted 7/31/2014 1:29:07 PM
Laylow12 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

That's a very good question. Any deal that's exclusive with Microsoft will have some of the toxicity associated with Microsoft all over it as people examine why it was rejected for poor quality by Sony.

It isn't about poor quality... It is about conflict of interest for Sony...

Why let someone sell cars on a lot you own and also sell cars in... You wouldn't... Why? Because that person can steal sales from you by buying their cars and not yours...Ex:

PSNow vs EA Access

Get it yet? Sony is just doing common business... Just with a side of arrogance and a sprinkle of copout explanation...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#14MRL3G3NDPosted 7/31/2014 1:35:34 PM
seriously... I hate being treated like I'm stupid
but obviously there are enough stupid people out there that this is aimed at

I keep thinking MS/EA must not do demography studies...who in their right mind would go for the ridiculous stuff they pitch...

all of a sudden they have positive numbers and good feedback on it...WTF

I remember getting the same feeling when George W. Bush got re-elected...

I'll be damned, look at that lmao
---
Watch_Dogs-BAD MOFO LOW DOWN (X1)
http://youtu.be/O_S1dUhXb0g
#15SoulTrapperPosted 7/31/2014 1:35:53 PM(edited)
Most people here on Gamefaqs seem to agree with Sony's decision that it is poor value.

Even though PSNow was involved in Sony's decision to decline it, it certainly wasn't the only reason.
As the majority of people already figured out: it's just not a good deal.
#16duericPosted 7/31/2014 1:36:05 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
charging montly for access to demos and year old sports games is kind of greedy.

Heck, they already put those demos out for free mostly now, and the sports games are literally abandonare, so it's free for them to give them away, only 2nd hand sales appear which dont generate them profit after a year.

dueric posted...

you realize that the write off for his donations meant he saved 35 billion in taxes overall, making it a profit move, not a charity donation, right?

You do realize that semantics didn't force the charity to give back the $28 Billion right?

Anything else?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#17SoulTrapperPosted 7/31/2014 1:38:21 PM
dueric posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

dueric posted...

You do realize that semantics didn't force the charity to give back the $28 Billion right?

Anything else?

Wait, giving $28 billion to charity to get $35 billion back from taxpayers is semantics?
I think that's a pretty important part of the deal he made there.
#18GladiatorDangerPosted 7/31/2014 1:41:13 PM(edited)
ScRui posted...
Laylow12 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

It isn't about poor quality... It is about conflict of interest for Sony...

Why let someone sell cars on a lot you own and also sell cars in... You wouldn't... Why? Because that person can steal sales from you by buying their cars and not yours...Ex:

PSNow vs EA Access

Get it yet? Sony is just doing common business... Just with a side of arrogance and a sprinkle of copout explanation...

Sony may have had other reasons for refusing the service but that still does not make what they said a lie. EA Access is just plain bad for consumers and that is the truth of it, if EA can get enough consumers on board it puts WAY too much power in the hands of EA, I sincerely hope this service fails and fails hard.
#19Joey-ZazaPosted 7/31/2014 1:42:52 PM(edited)
AzaneAzer posted...

dueric posted...

lol I'd like to see that math even if you're in the top bracket you don't pay more than 100% in taxes.

Then there's the AMT which you can't avoid so that is complete bulls***.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#20Exodus_PrimePosted 7/31/2014 1:42:09 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Most people here on Gamefaqs seem to agree with Sony's decision that it is poor value.

Even though PSNow was involved in Sony's decision to decline it, it certainly wasn't the only reason.
As the majority of people already figured out: it's just not a good deal.

If Sony told their loyal fanbase that they would receive a kick in the neck for every free game in PS+ they would just call it a neck massage. Instead I'd rather Sony ask me and give me a choice If I would like a kick in the neck instead of kicking me without asking.

---
---
"As representative of XBRO (XBox Revolutionary Order), we gladly embrace the ideology - killerbasa
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita