Poll of the Day: EA and MICROSOFT subscription

#21pnut3844Posted 7/31/2014 1:43:29 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
ScRui posted...
Laylow12 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
I'd be curious if every system had it as an option how the vote would go.

That's a very good question. Any deal that's exclusive with Microsoft will have some of the toxicity associated with Microsoft all over it as people examine why it was rejected for poor quality by Sony.

It isn't about poor quality... It is about conflict of interest for Sony...

Why let someone sell cars on a lot you own and also sell cars in... You wouldn't... Why? Because that person can steal sales from you by buying their cars and not yours...Ex:

PSNow vs EA Access

Get it yet? Sony is just doing common business... Just with a side of arrogance and a sprinkle of copout explanation...

Sony may have had other reasons for refusing the service but that still does not make what they said a lie. EA Access is just plain bad for consumers and that is the truth of it, if EA can get enough consumers on board it puts WAY too much power in the hands of EA, I sincerely hope this service fails and fails hard.

How is it bad for consumers? If you play a lot of EA games it's a great deal. It's the exact same thing as gamefly or Netflix. I suppose those are bad for consumers too? Damn, fanboys aren't even trying to hide it anymore. Y'all are getting lazy.
#22sn3akywafflesPosted 7/31/2014 1:44:18 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
I don't see why this is such a big topic.

Anything that even implies a positive for the X-1 will become a big topic due to the trolls we have on here. I don't understand why they care so much...but by God...they certainly do.

As far as this EA program goes...I am going to take the opinion of just one person : ME.

It's not a positive though, it's another negative by a wide margin according to the poll. It's like Microsoft enjoys shooting themselves in the foot, over and over again. Smh

How is it a shot to the foot exactly? You're not being forced to pay for it...
---
High speed, low drag
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#23SoulTrapperPosted 7/31/2014 1:45:29 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...

If Sony told their loyal fanbase that they would receive a kick in the neck for every free game in PS+ they would just call it a neck massage. Instead I'd rather Sony ask me and give me a choice If I would like a kick in the neck instead of kicking me without asking.

What are you trying to say exactly? You're not making a point, you're just throwing random insults towards Sony and their fanbase without addressing the points in my post.

I'll let you try again, this time try and think of an actual reply:

Most people here on Gamefaqs seem to agree with Sony's decision that it is poor value.

Even though PSNow was involved in Sony's decision to decline it, it certainly wasn't the only reason.
As the majority of people already figured out: it's just not a good deal.
#24SoulTrapperPosted 7/31/2014 1:46:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25Joey-ZazaPosted 7/31/2014 1:47:06 PM
I was going to post something really offensive about how dumb people are but then I remembered that I guess if it weren't for dumb people I wouldn't be where I am today.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#26GladiatorDangerPosted 7/31/2014 1:48:59 PM
pnut3844 posted...
GladiatorDanger posted...
ScRui posted...
Laylow12 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
I'd be curious if every system had it as an option how the vote would go.

That's a very good question. Any deal that's exclusive with Microsoft will have some of the toxicity associated with Microsoft all over it as people examine why it was rejected for poor quality by Sony.

It isn't about poor quality... It is about conflict of interest for Sony...

Why let someone sell cars on a lot you own and also sell cars in... You wouldn't... Why? Because that person can steal sales from you by buying their cars and not yours...Ex:

PSNow vs EA Access

Get it yet? Sony is just doing common business... Just with a side of arrogance and a sprinkle of copout explanation...

Sony may have had other reasons for refusing the service but that still does not make what they said a lie. EA Access is just plain bad for consumers and that is the truth of it, if EA can get enough consumers on board it puts WAY too much power in the hands of EA, I sincerely hope this service fails and fails hard.

How is it bad for consumers? If you play a lot of EA games it's a great deal. It's the exact same thing as gamefly or Netflix. I suppose those are bad for consumers too? Damn, fanboys aren't even trying to hide it anymore. Y'all are getting lazy.

If you truly want to know why it is bad for consumers then you can check out all the other threads currently written on the subject, asking the same question in every thread isn't going to yield different answers.

Also how am I a fanboy and to who am I a fanboy of?
#27GladiatorDangerPosted 7/31/2014 1:53:17 PM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

If Sony told their loyal fanbase that they would receive a kick in the neck for every free game in PS+ they would just call it a neck massage. Instead I'd rather Sony ask me and give me a choice If I would like a kick in the neck instead of kicking me without asking.

What are you trying to say exactly? You're not making a point, you're just throwing random insults towards Sony and their fanbase without addressing the points in my post.

I believe he is trying to say that even if Sony does not condone it's consumers poisoning themselves they should still leave the vial there for those who want the option.
#28duericPosted 7/31/2014 1:52:30 PM
Sometimes I feel like people on the internet are so jaded by the anonymity that they forget they're real people.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#29pnut3844Posted 7/31/2014 1:55:23 PM
sn3akywaffles posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
I don't see why this is such a big topic.

Anything that even implies a positive for the X-1 will become a big topic due to the trolls we have on here. I don't understand why they care so much...but by God...they certainly do.

As far as this EA program goes...I am going to take the opinion of just one person : ME.

It's not a positive though, it's another negative by a wide margin according to the poll. It's like Microsoft enjoys shooting themselves in the foot, over and over again. Smh

How is it a shot to the foot exactly? You're not being forced to pay for it...

He's just being a typical sony fanboy troll. Anything that helps boost the xbone gets ragged on. It's sad really, it doesn't anger me, I just pity them. I pity anyone on any of the three sides of the "console wars". I'm so glad I'm an older gamer, and got to grow up and experience gaming in its pure and untarnished form. Sony messed up refusing to work with one of the biggest game companies out there. And to those saying that MS is taking a loss by letting EA vulture their game sales, they're just morons and don't understand how business works. MS is making money off this service. And there are still plenty of people like myself that prefer the physical copies of games. I don't care for sports games so I won't use the service. The few EA games I play such as BF I'll just buy. This is a win-win for MS. Ps fanboys are just too stubborn and prideful to admit it.
#30Exodus_PrimePosted 7/31/2014 1:59:21 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

I'll let you try again, this time try and think of an actual reply:

Most people here on Gamefaqs seem to agree with Sony's decision that it is poor value.

Even though PSNow was involved in Sony's decision to decline it, it certainly wasn't the only reason.
As the majority of people already figured out: it's just not a good deal.

You know what my point is don't try and dance around it, If Sony says something the masses will follow, they never think for themselves, and that goes for all fanboys the only difference is Sony has 9 million of them on their new console. so they had to "damage control" from having the competition fanbase think they're getting a GOOD deal especially since it's optional. Also the fact that they happen to mention " We dumped EA because it wasn't a good deal for consumers" hours after the H-U-G-E announcement that it was Xbox One exclusive.

I guaradamntee you if Sony "announces" that TLOU is no longer relevant or that Naughty Dog has gone multiplatform and they let them do that because they let go of the talented dev members and are not relevant anymore, guess what's going to happen? the masses will automatically start hating TLOU and Naughty Dog because Sony said so. It's simple to figure out if you just look past that blue machine.

----
---
"As representative of XBRO (XBox Revolutionary Order), we gladly embrace the ideology - killerbasa
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita