Poll of the Day: EA and MICROSOFT subscription

#31SoulTrapperPosted 7/31/2014 1:00:09 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

If Sony told their loyal fanbase that they would receive a kick in the neck for every free game in PS+ they would just call it a neck massage. Instead I'd rather Sony ask me and give me a choice If I would like a kick in the neck instead of kicking me without asking.

What are you trying to say exactly? You're not making a point, you're just throwing random insults towards Sony and their fanbase without addressing the points in my post.

I believe he is trying to say that even if Sony does not condone it's consumers poisoning themselves they should still leave the vial there for those who want the option.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

My reply to that would be:

Sony knows it's poison and not only is it (in their opinion) harmful to the consumers, but it will also potentially damage their own poison (PSNow).

On top of that, there are plenty of other reasons for Sony not to accept this service:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/30/sony-was-right-to-turn-down-eas-video-game-subscription-plan/
#32EllesarienPosted 7/31/2014 1:04:12 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
I don't see why this is such a big topic.

Anything that even implies a positive for the X-1 will become a big topic due to the trolls we have on here. I don't understand why they care so much...but by God...they certainly do.

As far as this EA program goes...I am going to take the opinion of just one person : ME.

It's not a positive though, it's another negative by a wide margin according to the poll. It's like Microsoft enjoys shooting themselves in the foot, over and over again. Smh

Yep...they are doomed for sure. I mean 14,000 gamefaqs pollers (I am going to say 75% that don't even own a X-1) is certainly enough of a sampling of a multi-million fanbase in order to make that claim.

You're just giving up now aren't ya.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#33SoulTrapperPosted 7/31/2014 1:06:39 PM(edited)
Exodus_Prime posted...

You know what my point is don't try and dance around it, If Sony says something the masses will follow, they never think for themselves, and that goes for all fanboys the only difference is Sony has 9 million of them on their new console. so they had to "damage control" from having the competition fanbase think they're getting a GOOD deal especially since it's optional. Also the fact that they happen to mention " We dumped EA because it wasn't a good deal for consumers" hours after the H-U-G-E announcement that it was Xbox One exclusive.

I guaradamntee you if Sony "announces" that TLOU is no longer relevant or that Naughty Dog has gone multiplatform and they let them do that because they let go of the talented dev members and are not relevant anymore, guess what's going to happen? the masses will automatically start hating TLOU and Naughty Dog because Sony said so. It's simple to figure out if you just look past that blue machine.

----

So you're assuming that the only reason people don't like this, is because Sony doesn't like it?

Have you read anything other than xbox fanboy and EA marketeer posts on this board today?

There are plenty of good reasons as to why this isn't a good deal.
From the lack of clarity as to what exactly you're getting to the fact that this is the end of ownership, the exact same thing Microsoft got blasted fro at last years E3.

People were also saying this was a bad deal long before the message by Sony came out.

It's a nice attempt at damage control and shifting the blame from this just being a bad deal to "It's Sony's fault", but it doesn't hold any ground.

In case your argument was about Sony not allowing it on their system because of PSNow:

Sony knows it's poison and not only is it (in their opinion) harmful to the consumers, but it will also potentially damage their own poison (PSNow).

On top of that, there are plenty of other reasons for Sony not to accept this service:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/30/sony-was-right-to-turn-down-eas-video-game-subscription-plan/
#34Exodus_PrimePosted 7/31/2014 1:07:43 PM
The prices seem to have gone up on PS Now. Yup a better deal.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1194/9371/original.jpg

---
---
"As representative of XBRO (XBox Revolutionary Order), we gladly embrace the ideology - killerbasa
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#35SoulTrapperPosted 7/31/2014 1:10:28 PM
Ellesarien posted...

Yep...they are doomed for sure. I mean 14,000 gamefaqs pollers (I am going to say 75% that don't even own a X-1) is certainly enough of a sampling of a multi-million fanbase in order to make that claim.

14.000 people with an interest in video games (why else would they be here?) is a pretty damn good sample size.
Whether they own an xbox one or not, is irrelevant, since this is about an EA service.

Same way a petition with 81 signatures asking for the removal of a user from a board for trolling gives a pretty good idea of what type of person he/she is:

http://www.petitiononline.com/8ishjdgi/petition.html
#36GladiatorDangerPosted 7/31/2014 1:13:32 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

If Sony told their loyal fanbase that they would receive a kick in the neck for every free game in PS+ they would just call it a neck massage. Instead I'd rather Sony ask me and give me a choice If I would like a kick in the neck instead of kicking me without asking.

What are you trying to say exactly? You're not making a point, you're just throwing random insults towards Sony and their fanbase without addressing the points in my post.

I'll let you try again, this time try and think of an actual reply:

Most people here on Gamefaqs seem to agree with Sony's decision that it is poor value.

Even though PSNow was involved in Sony's decision to decline it, it certainly wasn't the only reason.
As the majority of people already figured out: it's just not a good deal.

You know what my point is don't try and dance around it, If Sony says something the masses will follow, they never think for themselves, and that goes for all fanboys the only difference is Sony has 9 million of them on their new console. so they had to "damage control" from having the competition fanbase think they're getting a GOOD deal especially since it's optional. Also the fact that they happen to mention " We dumped EA because it wasn't a good deal for consumers" hours after the H-U-G-E announcement that it was Xbox One exclusive.

I guaradamntee you if Sony "announces" that TLOU is no longer relevant or that Naughty Dog has gone multiplatform and they let them do that because they let go of the talented dev members and are not relevant anymore, guess what's going to happen? the masses will automatically start hating TLOU and Naughty Dog because Sony said so. It's simple to figure out if you just look past that blue machine.

----

What you mean like Bungie and Destiny?

But I don't need Sony to tell me that EA Access is bad news, as soon as I saw the proposal I knew it was bad news and even if it were exclusive to PS4 it would still be bad news.
#37axelfooley2k5Posted 7/31/2014 1:14:10 PM
kurt russel voice from death proof

NOW, THAT!............Is how you do a poll!

that is over the top bad
but they have the casuals who will pay for anything to look forward to
#38Joey-ZazaPosted 7/31/2014 1:14:56 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Ellesarien posted...

14.000 people with an interest in video games (why else would they be here?) is a pretty damn good sample size.
Whether they own an xbox one or not, is irrelevant, since this is about an EA service.

Same way a petition with 81 signatures asking for the removal of a user from a board for trolling gives a pretty good idea of what type of person he/she is:

Make a petition asking people to call the internet Poopmist and see what happens.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#39Exodus_PrimePosted 7/31/2014 1:16:35 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

I'll let you try again, this time try and think of an actual reply:

Most people here on Gamefaqs seem to agree with Sony's decision that it is poor value.

Even though PSNow was involved in Sony's decision to decline it, it certainly wasn't the only reason.
As the majority of people already figured out: it's just not a good deal.

----

What you mean like Bungie and Destiny?

But I don't need Sony to tell me that EA Access is bad news, as soon as I saw the proposal I knew it was bad news and even if it were exclusive to PS4 it would still be bad news.

Ding ding ding! we have a winner.

---
---
"As representative of XBRO (XBox Revolutionary Order), we gladly embrace the ideology - killerbasa
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#40EllesarienPosted 7/31/2014 1:24:45 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Make a petition asking people to call the internet Poopmist and see what happens.

Be careful here Joey. You are one of our awesome posters on here. Always wanting to just have a little fun. I would just let anything with Soul go. He will actually go on the internet and start searching for things on you, even going back 9 YEARS. I am done with him mostly due to being nervous how much into real life he will take this stuff. I got into a debate with him and that is where he went with it.

Gaming is just a hobby for me and this board is only used by me during work-time and I get really nervous when things escalate to that point.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.