Sell me an Xbox One.

#11DJ break beatsPosted 7/31/2014 1:59:02 PM
EA Access exclusive to XB1
---
"Are you going to bark all day, little doggie, or are you going to bite?" - Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs.
#12dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/31/2014 2:00:44 PM(edited)
methosagain posted...
Yakashi posted...
Are you a child unable to make your own decisions?

It is called an Gedankenexperiment, surely you have arguments of persuasion on the Xbox One?

I tried this same thing. I asked people to sell me on an Xbox One and all I got were insults. You should expect the same. In fact, the main reason I chose not to get one is how horrible the fanbase seems to treat people who ask simple questions, and not because of a lack of games or anything. I chose not to be a part of that community.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#13redditon4chanPosted 7/31/2014 2:01:14 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
I chose not to be a part of that community.

You spend an awful lot of time here, however.
#14methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 2:02:00 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Sounds like a typical troll, but I'll bite. Master chief collection, sunset overdrive, and many more games coming next year. Just watch the E3 video to see. But in a sentence, master chief collection. Sold.

I am not trolling anyone, hell I still have some degree of ire on my side from the Sony faithful who to this day call my out as an Xbot simply because I preferred the XB360 so I hold no bias to either. I am simply looking for some real arguments for the purchase of the Xbox One and I promise you, if they are good enough I will take the dive. I have no reason to misled anyone as to the intent of this thread.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#15TrickyPonyPosted 7/31/2014 2:02:53 PM
$800, send me a pm and I'll tell you where to paypal me, then I'll ship you my console
#16dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/31/2014 2:03:16 PM
redditon4chan posted...
dataDyneSoldier posted...
I chose not to be a part of that community.

You spend an awful lot of time here, however.

I meant the "Xbox One owner community", obviously.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#17methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 2:03:58 PM
To be on point, my main factors of pushing me towards one right now are Forza 5, KI, and Horizon 2. I loathe Halo with a passion, so that is not a series that will motivate me at all towards the X1.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#18slippertailsPosted 7/31/2014 2:04:17 PM
I have both the ps4 is slightly more powerful, but the one has voice control and the snap feature which IMO is the only really forward thinking innovation of this generation so far. It makes for an overall experience that feels more like what I wanted from a next gen console which is it does NEW stuff that no other console ever has. Yes ps4 graphically is slightly better and for some people it's more noticeable than others. But for my money I like that Microsoft tries to think of new ways to innovate and make for new experiences with their consoles. They much more than Sony push things forward whether it was xbla existing 4 years before psn or the creation of achievements or the indie section if the store Microsoft tries to push things forward even though sometimes they fail.
---
gt : slippertails
psn: slippertails
#19SigmaLongshotPosted 7/31/2014 2:04:17 PM
If a thing goes beyond mere interest to become true intrigue, it's entered the realm of ownership.

This is what I tell people that see the PS4 but are utterly against the idea simply because they have some bizarre arbitrary alliance to a singular console:

"Is it enough on your radar to make you think about it just as much as the other things you own?"

Most of the time they shrug the comment off, but the truth is, if you think about something as much, or more, than the things you already have in your possession, then they've entered this state of "wanting".

Of course, your conscience is the real measure for how much you might want it.

I know vegans that miss bacon, and constantly yap about bacon. I work with them. It's annoying. When I ask them "why not just eat bacon? You clearly want bacon. Just eat it." - they reply, "but I'm vegan." But then, why are you a vegan? For some kind of vegan badge? Can you even GET a vegan badge?

If you want it, put a ring on it. And by that, I mean, get engaged to it. Get engaged to Xbox One and bacon.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#20Joey-ZazaPosted 7/31/2014 2:05:58 PM
Can you file your taxes jointly with your X-box One?
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I