Sell me an Xbox One.

#41PoweredMilkManPosted 8/1/2014 4:15:45 AM
methosagain posted...
What are your best arguments for persuading someone to buy one? I have been debating getting one to set beside my PS4 since launch, but everytime I get close to pulling the trigger some bad news or what has you steers me away. But here I am once again, money in hand, debating it. Push me over the edge here.

Well you picked the wrong board for this question, trolls galore spend countless hours a day trolling here. Really quite sad.
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
#42methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 1:41:36 PM
I am going to sit on it a while. I do want one and will probably pick one up when Horizon 2 drops, but with D3 and Destiny dropping soon I can afford to mull about on it a bit. I did go ahead and renew my Gold though so I can pick up all the free games, so that when I do get it finally, I have lots of stuff already to play.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#43bossk5Posted 8/1/2014 1:45:59 PM
Just buy it Methos ya bastard!
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#44methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 1:50:13 PM
bossk5 posted...
Just buy it Methos ya bastard!

I will Bossk, you know how I am. Its funny that some were stating I was trolling with my question, but you know me and know that I am pretty nonbias. Honestly the only reason I haven't gotten one yet is because I am now a full time college student and just do not have the time to play as I once did when I was still in the USAF and going online with you and Scotty.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#45DeadLock25Posted 8/1/2014 2:28:36 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
methosagain posted...
Yakashi posted...
Are you a child unable to make your own decisions?

It is called an Gedankenexperiment, surely you have arguments of persuasion on the Xbox One?

I tried this same thing. I asked people to sell me on an Xbox One and all I got were insults. You should expect the same. In fact, the main reason I chose not to get one is how horrible the fanbase seems to treat people who ask simple questions, and not because of a lack of games or anything. I chose not to be a part of that community.

Good riddance. Anyone who believes people on this board of all places are even somewhat representative of the Xbox Community (or the PS4, or any community for that matter aside from low life trolls) is not somebody I would want to play with. You probably think the GFaqs daily poll represents the opinions of the whole internet. And yes, this is insulting, but that's because your statement is so blatanly ignorant. I mean come on, thats like saying these butthurt trolls constantly insulting X1 are all PS4 fans and represent the PS4 fanbase (which is a much stronger argument than your implication that this board represents X1 users instead) This board is full of trolls, and surely does not reflect the attitude of any one community as a whole.

TC, as the guy above said, are you seriously unable to do your own research and make an informed decision? And you come here of all places for advice? This cesspool full of trolls? Really? If you honestly cannot tell how bad this board is compared to any regular community, wel...might as well stay here.

If you like the games on X1, and can afford 2 consoles (you should never buy anything you cannot afford two of, except houses) then go for it. If you have friends on PS4, and the games on X1 do not interest you enough to leave those friends, get the PS4. Get the entertainment platform that you will see yourself using most (look at future titles to do this) with the features that interest you more. If you need other people to convince you to buy something, that itself is a sign that you do not need the product, nor should you waste your money on it.

If you are an impulsive buyer trying to validate your decision (and possibly stop yourself from buying it)

a) Do not use this forum to validate anything about the X1, as you will be misinformed by biased or completely ignorant trolls. People here still believe in NSA Kinect spying and MS implementing bringing back DRM (despite MS explicitly saying it will not happen...man google is awesome)
b) Try to avoid validating your impulsiveness to begin with.
c) Wait 1 week, if you still want the thing by the end of the week, then maybe consider researching more into it. If after the research you really decided that you want it, wait another week. Only if you want it after doing research (not on this board) and waiting at least two weeks should you start looking for sales to get the best price on the product.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244
#46methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 5:07:29 PM
News flash, asking for opinions on a product from those that own it is part of being an informed consumer
---
#47pnut3844Posted 8/1/2014 5:19:28 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
methosagain posted...
Yakashi posted...
Are you a child unable to make your own decisions?

It is called an Gedankenexperiment, surely you have arguments of persuasion on the Xbox One?

I tried this same thing. I asked people to sell me on an Xbox One and all I got were insults. You should expect the same. In fact, the main reason I chose not to get one is how horrible the fanbase seems to treat people who ask simple questions, and not because of a lack of games or anything. I chose not to be a part of that community.

Wow. Basing the decision to get a console based on what a small part of a small community of gamers say is as bad as what you claim they are doing. Who cares what people say? Are you that insecure or do you really need that much validation? It's like Xbox live, if some kid is being annoying, I don't throw the game or system out, I simply mute him. If I was the only one in the world who bought a xbone I would still be satisfied. I get it to make myself happy, no one else. Think for yourself and buy things for your happiness.
#48kyncaniPosted 8/1/2014 7:15:57 PM
Get a Xbox One if you have the extra cash just because.

But the PS4 is just miles ahead.
#49Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/1/2014 7:21:05 PM(edited)
Xbox One w/ Kinect is cheaper than a used PS4 at my local game shop

$369 for Kinect Xbox One, $375 for PS4

Bad time to buy an Xbox One, price will drop again soon

INB4 no way

(270) 629-3434

call and ask
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#50MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/1/2014 7:25:51 PM
Buy it, TC. Then you can play all the games that the kids in the school yard are ALWAYS buzzing about.

Games like CRIMSON DRAGON! Amazing title. I mean Amazing! Folks on this board didn't shut up about it back in October 2013. They knew it was gonna be amazing!

Don't forget KILLER INSTINCT! This game has been the talk around the water cooler at my job since it was released! We have KITD partys at my house EVERY weekend. You know, KITD, Killer Instinct Til Dawn! Then we all go to Waffle House for breakfast.

How about the amazing TITANFALL! This game dethroned the CoD series with it's amazing gameplay. It is this year's best shooter, and quite possibly the best shooter in history!

If these aren't reasons enough, TC, why don't you wait for SUNSET OVERDRIVE! Ya, TC, Baby! It's like they saw all the things that gamers love, and threw it altogether into one amazing game.

Yes, sir. It is a great time to be an Xbox One owner. They can keep their Bloodborne, and Destiny exclusive content, and the TIME EXCLUSIVENo Man's Sky or whatever.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.