EA Access, it's apparently not good because it's on Xbox and no other systems.

#11Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 7:30:00 PM
lilj812 posted...
People can actually think long term believe it or not. And when you think long term about EA access, when it comes to the video game industry as a whole, EA access is a horrible horrible thing that'll end up driving the price of video games up while bring consumer ownership of said games down.

So, that's why EA access is not good. Not because it's only on Xbox one. I would hate it if it was on PC or PS4 for that matter.

How do you figure it's a bad thing?
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#12LooksLikeRainPosted 7/31/2014 7:30:45 PM
lilj812 posted...
People can actually think long term believe it or not. And when you think long term about EA access, when it comes to the video game industry as a whole, EA access is a horrible horrible thing that'll end up driving the price of video games up while bring consumer ownership of said games down.

So, that's why EA access is not good. Not because it's only on Xbox one. I would hate it if it was on PC or PS4 for that matter.

Them assumptions though.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#13lilj812Posted 7/31/2014 7:31:58 PM
Jedi454 posted...
lilj812 posted...

How do you figure it's a bad thing?

Wow, read next time. Omg, you can write, so you know how to read. So.... read man.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#14lilj812Posted 7/31/2014 7:32:25 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...

Them assumptions though.

Because EA has a stellar track record right?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#15LooksLikeRainPosted 7/31/2014 7:38:11 PM(edited)
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...

Them assumptions though.

That doesn't make your assumptions any more credible. And besides, I look forward to an all digital future.
---
#16Mspaul09Posted 7/31/2014 7:35:39 PM
As sad as it is to say, your statement is fairly true. At least IMO. The way the boards are these days if the service was a PS4 exclusive we would be seeing a myriad of topics about how bad the X1 is because it didn't get EA access. Or if Sony had jumped on board and MS said it's was a bad deal, we would see topics about MS taking the poor Xboners choices away, and how soon do you think before the Xbox180 lives up to its name on this issue.
---
Gamertag: DalekMegaMan
You must construct additional pylons.
#17jairusmonillasPosted 7/31/2014 7:36:30 PM
mygoodluckcharm posted...
It's not good because it's EA.

This

They can't even fix BF4 yet they prioritize useless services like this.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB gDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#18lilj812Posted 7/31/2014 7:37:37 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...

Them assumptions though.

That doesn't make your assumptions any more credible. And besides, I look forward to an all digital future.

Well, then it makes sense for you. For us sensible people who likes to own what we buy, we'll stick to being smart consumers and steer clear. As well as warn other people who aren't aware to steer clear of this terrible service.

At least with PS+ and GwG you get to keep the games for as long as you uphold your subscription.
---
"Worlds best heel"
#19LooksLikeRainPosted 7/31/2014 7:40:00 PM(edited)
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...

Them assumptions though.

Well, then it makes sense for you. For us sensible people who likes to own what we buy, we'll stick to being smart consumers and steer clear. As well as warn other people who aren't aware to steer clear of this terrible service.

At least with PS+ and GwG you get to keep the games for as long as you uphold your subscription.

Is EA Access going to drive up game prices the same way Netflix drove up DVD prices?

Are you against Netflix and Hulu since you don't own the movies or TV shows in physical form?
---
#20avanentPosted 7/31/2014 7:42:18 PM(edited)
mygoodluckcharm posted...
It's not good because it's EA.

Flare1721 posted...
So half the games are going to be yearly sports games that no one plays. Kewl.

These.

LooksLikeRain posted...

Is EA Access going to drive up game prices the same way Netflix drove up DVD prices?

Poor comparison. Steam would be a more accurate comparison for Netflix.

EA Access would be more akin to HBO GO.