EA Access, it's apparently not good because it's on Xbox and no other systems.

#121VoidBeyondPosted 8/1/2014 6:52:16 AM
lilj812 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
The paranoia is insane on Gamefaqs.

You're just a troll who can't think critically enough to back up an argument so you just try to rile people.

Get big man.

A troll calling another person a troll.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#122slowdog76Posted 8/1/2014 6:54:15 AM
how would he like him to get big i wonder? work out? inject steroids? eat daily at maccie d's?

maybe im looking at it wrong and a suction pump would suffice
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#123Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 7:06:14 AM
slowdog76 posted...
how would he like him to get big i wonder? work out? inject steroids? eat daily at maccie d's?

maybe im looking at it wrong and a suction pump would suffice

I hit the gym a few hours ago, it's currently 12:04am Saturday haha. It's winter here, so i'm trying to bulk. Lilj812 was just encouraging me to grow.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#124saleamaPosted 8/1/2014 7:08:14 AM
I didn't read the entire topic because, well, I didn't want to read another topic from xbots who don't read entire articles and then make multiple posts about how ignorant...er, about how they think people are butthurt and that is why they say this is a bad deal.

The deal itself is NOT what is bad about this, nor is it why sony turned it down. The BAD DEAL is that EA is taking NO risk at all and zero responsibility should there be any server issues or subscription problems. They aren't even managing the thing. Microsoft has to do everything while EA sits back and gets a check. The ONLY thing EA is taking charge of is the selection of games offered.

So to recap. If anything goes wrong server side, like a delay in service or leaked credit card info, MS takes the full hit. If you have issues with your service you do not call EA, you call MS. How many added techs do you think this will cost them?

You people need to read and comprehend what you are reading before making stupid comments.
#125supergoku18Posted 8/1/2014 7:13:19 AM
The problem that most people who are against this are seeing comes from the simple fact that if you make small changes over a relatively long period of time the people growing up now will accept them as normal, this allready happened with DLC. If things like this become normal for all producers the older generation will mostly stop gaming out of frustration or they will put up with it because there is no other choice but the younger generation will just buy it because they haven't experienced the earlier(in my opinion better) years of gaming.
This is all assuming that the service leads to more exclusive deals only available through this service(which knowing EA it will) and not just an alternative to PS+ and the Xbox one live gold free games and early access but for EA games(which in itself leads to a future without physical gaming potentially so that's enough reason to be against it).

Also for the people who are saying that dlc and initiatives like this are a good thing because developing budgets are rising. That is something that the developers themselves are responsible for, they can also choose to have a little bit less of a graphical masterpiece and instead improve the games in ways that cost less or just reuse engines more, but instead they chose (i think this decision leads all the way back to PS1/N64) to accelerate the graphical improvements at a rate which can't be maintained in the long run and now they are struggling because of it.
Also EA is the one company that can't use this excuse at all with how little they actually change in their yearly titles.
#126saleamaPosted 8/1/2014 7:29:59 AM
Jedi454 posted...
avanent posted...
Jedi454 posted...

1. This is for Xbox One only.
2. They're a Multiplatform publisher
3. There is still a large majority of people that buy Physical.
4. This EA Access program is in Beta.

1. Yes, but apparently EA had also approached Sony; and Origin is already on PC and this is linked to Origin.

2. See previous.

3. This was also the case with music 15 years ago, and PC gaming 10 years ago. We are seeing books and television and movies transition currently. You are correct for now with console games, and I hope your statement is correct for a long time as there is not decent internet in my area (monopolized regions, thanks shady internet service provides). However, it is hard to say how much longer it will remain that way.

4. I don't see how them having a limited public release now in effect, with mass roll out agreed upon with Microsoft, diminishes my previous statements.

You buy a console for convenience, not for the same experience as a PC. Majority of people will stick to Physical copies of games this gen, I guarantee it.

Agreed but this is probably EA's first shot at pushing an all digital agenda. Think about it? They are offering deep discounts and early access to those who subscribe to this and buy digital. EA publishes for a crap load of dev studios. If they convince them.... well, you get where I'm going. Those deep discounts will be reflected from the retail copy. Retail copies will start getting more expensive and before next gen hits you will be buying digital for $60 - $70 bucks and saying how much cheaper that is to the $75 retail version. Oh, and I can't wait to see the uproar when they announce you can play it early but for additional $5 - $10!
#127DojoMaxPosted 8/1/2014 7:38:07 AM
HDCase posted...
mygoodluckcharm posted...
It's not good because it's EA.

Yep.

Trusting EA with something like this is like petting a rabid dog and hoping it doesn't bite you. Sony was right to tell them to pound sand, but of course MS got right in bed with them at the first opportunity.

Yet if the shoe had been on the other foot....
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#128NoirStrikerPosted 8/1/2014 7:40:32 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
You most certainly are TC. I was talking to my friend about this earlier. SOOO many people are butthurt about it for some reason. Like $30 a year isn't an amazing deal. And you get to play games 5 days early? And your saves transfer over when it officially launches? How is this bad? Oh yeah. Because it's exclusive.

I'm now handing out free tissues for the people crying about this.

Because you think you will keep those early games ? Lol, hell no it's just a demo, you won't have NHL 15, Madden 15, Dragon Age or Fifa 15 this year with EA Acces, you will just have the old games like Madden 25 or NBA Live 14.

This is why it sucks people. You are all misinformed if you think you will have all the new games the same year.

EA is selling 10 million BF for 60 bucks, 5 and 7 million Madden and Fifa for 60 bucks too EACH YEAR, so what is the point giving them for 25 bucks ? None !!!!
#129Fou LuPosted 8/1/2014 7:43:14 AM
No, it's cool to hate EA even though they treat customers better than any other company out there. Free multiplayer DLC? Yep. Only company to offer refunds for digital purchases? Even saying "Buy this game, and if you don't like it, we'll refund your money!"? Yep.

Oh what a terrible terrible company....
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#130slowdog76Posted 8/1/2014 7:43:24 AM
NoirStriker posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
You most certainly are TC. I was talking to my friend about this earlier. SOOO many people are butthurt about it for some reason. Like $30 a year isn't an amazing deal. And you get to play games 5 days early? And your saves transfer over when it officially launches? How is this bad? Oh yeah. Because it's exclusive.

I'm now handing out free tissues for the people crying about this.

Because you think you will keep those early games ? Lol, hell no it's just a demo, you won't have NHL 15, Madden 15, Dragon Age or Fifa 15 this year with EA Acces, you will just have the old games like Madden 25 or NBA Live 14.

This is why it sucks people. You are all misinformed if you think you will have all the new games the same year.

EA is selling 10 million BF for 60 bucks, 5 and 7 million Madden and Fifa for 60 bucks too EACH YEAR, so what is the point giving them for 25 bucks ? None !!!!

no-one thinks that
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius