EA Access, it's apparently not good because it's on Xbox and no other systems.

#141Jason_HudsonPosted 8/1/2014 8:17:03 AM
Well, if they were offering newer games, then it'd be worth it. Fifa 14 and Madden 25, right before the Fifa 15 and Madden 15 are out? No thanks.

Perhaps when they add more games, it might be worth it, but it depends on what games they're adding. I don't have an Xbox One, so I can't take advantage of it, but if it was on the PS4 or PC, at the moment I wouldn't get it.

Well, maybe one month for the NHL 15 early access.
---
Over 8,000,000 players on Steam at the same time.
PC gaming is the place to be. The only way to play games at their true potential.
#142teeebzPosted 8/1/2014 8:17:41 AM
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
People can actually think long term believe it or not. And when you think long term about EA access, when it comes to the video game industry as a whole, EA access is a horrible horrible thing that'll end up driving the price of video games up while bring consumer ownership of said games down.

So, that's why EA access is not good. Not because it's only on Xbox one. I would hate it if it was on PC or PS4 for that matter.

Them assumptions though.

Because EA has a stellar track record right?

You summed up yourself on these boards with that last post perfectly.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#143EllesarienPosted 8/1/2014 8:18:10 AM
revolution3603 posted...
I own both and I think ps now and EA access just doesn't offer the value to justify the price of admission any body who would pay any amount of money to play a game 5 days early has got some issues

Ya..we get it. And the need for you to come on here and state that last part of your post shows you got your own special issues to work through. Good luck with them!!!
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#144chestershadowPosted 8/1/2014 8:36:22 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
Am I right?

Its not good because EA. it wont stay at the price theyve set it at. Theyve done it with literally everything else, and it sets a scary precedent for other companies.

If this were a service like netflix where MULTIPLE DIFFERENT publishers were included in the service, instead of just ONE, then this service would be a boon to gamers. As it is right now, its just another avenue for individual companies to reinforce nickle and dime practices.

Not that the sony one is that much better, but at least most of those games arent rehashed crap like a good portion of EA's games tend to be (there are obvious exceptions to both sides of this argument).

For what its worth, I find both services to be incredibly lacking for what theyre doing, with Sony's having a slight edge in terms of games because of PS1 and PS2 titles. I do not plan on going with either service despite owning both a One and PS4 simply because I still have all my old games in mint condition.
#145XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/1/2014 8:54:07 AM
I wouldn't even consider it for any system i own. No interest at all in EA Access
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#146urizemPosted 8/1/2014 9:04:27 AM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...
urizem posted...
For me, EA Access and PS Now are a bad thing for the gamers. And sadly, it appears that this will be the future of video game. People that encourage this, because of a stupid console war, are infantile and morons that don't see the big picture.

The same could be said of you. Look at music. Look at video. Look at PC gaming. You are the one not seeing the big picture.

And you think that this is right?

$30 for years to have a game 5 days early? $4,99 for 4 hours rental?

If people encourage this now, every game company will do the same, and you will pay $30~$50 to EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, etc, etc, ... to play a game 5 days early

or...

Pay $5~$20 to Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to play a game for 4~10 hours.

And the worse part is, like i said, the kids that get happy with this because a console war.

"EA Acess is in the X1 and not in the PS4, so Microsoft will win the console war....",

"the PSNOw is a bc from PS1 to PS3 in the PS4, so Sony will win the console war...."

And in the end, this means that:

Game companies "AND" gamers are ruining the video game.
---
PSN ID: phantonn
http://www.backloggery.com/phantonn
#147ZorlacPosted 8/1/2014 9:17:30 AM
lilj812 posted...
People can actually think long term believe it or not. And when you think long term about EA access, when it comes to the video game industry as a whole, EA access is a horrible horrible thing that'll end up driving the price of video games up while bring consumer ownership of said games down.

So, that's why EA access is not good. Not because it's only on Xbox one. I would hate it if it was on PC or PS4 for that matter.

It's like renting multiple games for $5 a month. Renting right now cost almost $8 at my local video store for 2 nights. So for less than half that I'm getting 4 games (more later) for a FULL month. Yeah, this is definitely cheaper than PS now.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!!
Xbox live Zorlac0666 Xfire-Zorlac666. Steam-Zorlac666 3DS 1075-1487-9342
#148slowdog76Posted 8/1/2014 9:20:31 AM
EA Access is not new. It is a relaunch of the old Season Ticket. The Season Ticket had the discount and the early access.

Now, people didnt like it. A few did, but generally it was regarded as a rip off and a waste of time. And lo and behold, EA pulled it. And they changed it. Changed it from just sports, expanding the range for the discount, and added the vault featuring old (because that is how this thing works). They had made the concept appear to have more value after realising that it needed a new selling point, a new appeal.

IF the games playing public, en masse, decide now, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year or beyond that EAA is not a deal they want any part of, they will either continue to not pay for it, or, cease paying for it.

Over the past year we have seen in a very very vivid way what happens when the games playing public, en masse, can do when they do not agree with the direction that something or someone is taking within the industry, as the trolls and fanboys like to remind us.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#149MegaSTVPosted 8/1/2014 9:24:40 AM
Console wars are hilarious. They're like 5 year sports seasons for nerds.
---
Never underestimate the power of The Scout's Code.
#150SupaflyGibsonPosted 8/1/2014 9:28:18 AM
Keep wearing the tinfoil hats guys. This is a good program. If any other company did it everyone would be all for it. This site is full of fanboys who will skew any argument to fit their agenda.
---
gt: For Spartaa