EA Access, it's apparently not good because it's on Xbox and no other systems.

#151ScRuiPosted 8/1/2014 9:34:51 AM(edited)
slowdog76 posted...
EA Access is not new. It is a relaunch of the old Season Ticket. The Season Ticket had the discount and the early access.

Now, people didnt like it. A few did, but generally it was regarded as a rip off and a waste of time. And lo and behold, EA pulled it. And they changed it. Changed it from just sports, expanding the range for the discount, and added the vault featuring old (because that is how this thing works). They had made the concept appear to have more value after realising that it needed a new selling point, a new appeal.

IF the games playing public, en masse, decide now, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year or beyond that EAA is not a deal they want any part of, they will either continue to not pay for it, or, cease paying for it.

Over the past year we have seen in a very very vivid way what happens when the games playing public, en masse, can do when they do not agree with the direction that something or someone is taking within the industry, as the trolls and fanboys like to remind us.

Exactly... Do you know why there wasn't such a fuss about the season ticket (Most posters probably don't even know it existed... Because you know... No one on here are interested in sports games now)?

Because the season ticket wasn't exclusive to one platform... Now EA Access is a big problem... Even though it is a better value than what Season Ticket was... LOL

Goes to show... Fanpups cry when they don't get their way!
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#152HenryKazukaPosted 8/1/2014 9:48:36 AM(edited)
PS fanboy: Xbox Live sucks, why would you pay to access multiplayer? It's stupid.
-PS+ required to use multiplayer on PS4.
PS fanboy: OMG PS+ is the best thing ever, now we pay to use the multiplayer! And we get free games!

Xbox fanboy: PS+ sucks, it's a rental service, you don't get to keep the games.
-Games with Gold announced.
Xbox fanboy: MS is awesome, they are giving us the free rental service we always wanted!
-EA access announced.
Xbox fanboy: Hell yeah! Now we can actually PAY to get a rental service!
-----------
Me: It's great value for those who just got the console ($5 to play 4 games for a month plus a 10% discount) because those games aren't worth keeping (FIFA and Madden NHL are going to get outdated in the next 2 months, B4 has a lot of DLC, don't know about the last one). But as a long time investment, the service isn't that good (plus it's EA, you know they are going to screw you, it's only a matter of WHEN are they going to do it).
---
Hard work may pay in the long run, but laziness always pays off right now!
#153chestershadowPosted 8/1/2014 10:04:46 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
Keep wearing the tinfoil hats guys. This is a good program. If any other company did it everyone would be all for it. This site is full of fanboys who will skew any argument to fit their agenda.

Read my post a few ahead of this one. Nowhere in what I said did I make it about a console war or target EA unfairly versus other companies.

It is also fact that EA is THE company always trying to find new ways to nickle and dime the end user while simultaneously reducing true user-ownership of software. But if you actually read my post, you'll see that my argument condemns any SINGULAR company offereing a service like this. For it to be a REAL benefit to gamers, it has to be multiple piblishers under one service like Netflix. Otherwise then you'll be paying individual subs to EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Capcom, Konami, Sega, Nintendo, Sony, MS, Square-Enix, Tecmo-Namco-Bandai, etc.

Take off the blinders and wake up that any such program with only one company's games is a rippff to the end user because of what single-company subscriptions will entail in the long run. This has nothing to do with speculation of rising costs per program later. This has to do with every company joining in, which is the trend we're seeing start now.
#154TBONE_OGPosted 8/1/2014 10:13:57 AM
God, I can't believe people are so hellbent on warning others about how "EA will screw" them.

Who. Cares.

What could EA screw me out? 30 dollars? Oh noes! That was my mortgage payment! Oh wait, no. It's barely any money.

(And to you the smart ass who says "hey, if 30 bucks ain't worth much, give it to me," I ask you this. What service are you providing to earn my 30 dollars besides being annoying ? If that's all, sorry I pass.)

If this EA Access thing is a bust, and EA does somehow "screw" you over -- then that's on you for not taking advantage of the program.

A lot of troll tunes will be changing once EA releases more games into the Vault.
---
Always O.G.
#155Darth_UmbrusPosted 8/1/2014 10:25:26 AM
Fou Lu posted...
No, it's cool to hate EA even though they treat customers better than any other company out there. Free multiplayer DLC? Yep. Only company to offer refunds for digital purchases? Even saying "Buy this game, and if you don't like it, we'll refund your money!"? Yep.

Oh what a terrible terrible company....

You are aware that EA's been voted as "The worst company in America" for two of the last three years, right?
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Darth Umbrus | PSN ID: Darth_Umbrus
3DS FC: 3866-9112-4804 IGN: Will
#156PLAY3R_ON3Posted 8/1/2014 10:30:30 AM
mygoodluckcharm posted...
It's not good because it's EA.

---
"Is not a Zombie is a ZOMBIEVA!" - Dr. Neil Watts "To the moon"
#157Flamer_BluePosted 8/1/2014 10:44:38 AM
I made a thread about this. It won't cling with the sports crowd. Nobody wants to play a sports game with an outdated roster.

Now, I doubt what can you get with $30 a year. PS+ is $50 a year and you get quite a lot of free games (from all ranges of quality and developers).

With EA Access, you are getting what? To try a game 5 days before it releases. So it's a rental price albeit a very low one.

$30 is not a lot though. It's the price of a case of beer and that goes down in a weekend. Just don't expect a lot from it though.

Another reason, EA.
---
PSN: Malakius
#158leatheljPosted 8/1/2014 11:02:56 AM
I agree with that one guy every one just has baseless assumptions and bias or are just straight EA haters. Either way ppl with vote with there wallet I personally think it's not that bad bad and prop will be good. Some ppl will think for themselvs some ppl will follow the haters holy crusade at bashing EA some will try the service and decade if they like it and want more.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#159davem20usPosted 8/1/2014 11:05:37 AM
Darth_Umbrus posted...
Fou Lu posted...
No, it's cool to hate EA even though they treat customers better than any other company out there. Free multiplayer DLC? Yep. Only company to offer refunds for digital purchases? Even saying "Buy this game, and if you don't like it, we'll refund your money!"? Yep.

Oh what a terrible terrible company....

You are aware that EA's been voted as "The worst company in America" for two of the last three years, right?

This is a ridiculous argument. There are 100's of websites out there all with their own lists of best and worst everything. Every list I've seen had Bank of America, Comcast, or Wal Mart as the worst companies.

So even if some website did vote it worst company does that mean we should all avoid any deal they offer us in the future no matter how good it is? I personally don't care what EA has done in the past, if they offer a good deal that interests me I'm going to take it.

Why do you losers care what other people do with their money so much?

PS - I'll say it again, if you're freaking out about EA pushing digital you better get over it and quick cause that is where gaming is going whether you like it or not.
---
Human Holy Priest - 70 - Shadowsong - WoW
#160EllesarienPosted 8/1/2014 11:21:36 AM
"Why do you losers care what other people do with their money so much?"

^This is like the question the entire Universe wants an answer to.

You know what actions I take when something gets added to PS+ or PSNow?

Nothing....because it doesn't affect me. That seems a really easy stance to have but then we have this board and the Sony Crusaders.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.