EA Access, it's apparently not good because it's on Xbox and no other systems.

#21youngunner2123Posted 7/31/2014 7:40:54 PM
Ohmy god can you imagine if UBISOFT decides to do this and Sony ALSO DECLINES!!!

Not only will gamefaqs explode but there will be a HUGE rise in sudden fire fighter calls.
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#22swatkiller546Posted 7/31/2014 7:42:11 PM
AtomicMenace posted...
Still beats the hell out of $4.99 for 4 hours of gameplay...

And the sad thing is some moron out there is going to spend 4.99 to play four hours.. I remember 4.99 got you 5 days of rental.. Gaming gone to $%&@ unless the morons think for a second and say, "No not a good deal," and just let it die and make them do something reasonable.. WAIT, what am I defending sony.. god, I guess I have some dignity in me.
---
"Get down on your knees and cry!"
#23lilj812Posted 7/31/2014 7:43:01 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Is EA Access going to drive up game prices the same way Netflix drove up DVD prices?

Does Netflix sale DVDs at all?? Bad example there buddy. Try again.

In case you don't get why I'm telling you to try again, it's because of this; EA produces and sells physical copies of video games in stores. Netflix doesn't sale anything physical in any store. EA products that are on EA Access are also being sold in stores. Therefore, your netflix example doesn't hold weight here.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#24youngunner2123Posted 7/31/2014 7:43:33 PM
swatkiller546 posted...
AtomicMenace posted...
Still beats the hell out of $4.99 for 4 hours of gameplay...

And the sad thing is some moron out there is going to spend 4.99 to play four hours.. I remember 4.99 got you 5 days of rental.. Gaming gone to $%&@ unless the morons think for a second and say, "No not a good deal," and just let it die and make them do something reasonable.. WAIT, what am I defending sony.. god, I guess I have some dignity in me.

4 hours REAL time. Sheesh feel bad if u have to suddenly step away.
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#25LooksLikeRainPosted 7/31/2014 7:46:20 PM(edited)
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Is EA Access going to drive up game prices the same way Netflix drove up DVD prices?

In case you don't get why I'm telling you to try again, it's because of this; EA produces and sells physical copies of video games in stores. Netflix doesn't sale anything physical in any store. EA products that are on EA Access are also being sold in stores. Therefore, your netflix example doesn't hold weight here.

I get what you're trying to say. It's just baseless and full of personal bias and assumptions.

Also, my Netflix example is fine as you can still buy movies in stores. Yes I'm aware Netflix doesn't produce the movies, but you haven't addressed why that matters.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#26avanentPosted 7/31/2014 7:47:48 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

I get what you're trying to say. It's just baseless and full of personal bias and assumptions.

Not really. Its EA. You know, one of the worst rated companies in America for years. That's like saying well just because Miley Cyrus has been an idiot for the past few years doesn't make it more likely she's going to be for the rest of 2014. Actually, yes, yes it does.
#27phoenix9291Posted 7/31/2014 7:50:11 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

Also, my Netflix example is fine as you can still buy movies in stores. Yes I'm aware Netflix doesn't produce the movies, but you haven't addressed why that matters.

You can also purchase Blu-ray or DVD of Netflix original shows....so they do produce their own stuff and sell it
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#28LooksLikeRainPosted 7/31/2014 7:52:09 PM
avanent posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

Not really. Its EA. You know, one of the worst rated companies in America for years. That's like saying well just because Miley Cyrus has been an idiot for the past few years doesn't make it more likely she's going to be for the rest of 2014. Actually, yes, yes it does.

Literally the only people I've seen that don't like the program are the ones that don't have access to it. Not only that, but the program is optional. There's no contract. If it's successful, then it's because gamers want this system. If it's not successful, it will be shut down. I don't see the problem.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#29lilj812Posted 7/31/2014 7:53:26 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

Wow..... your netflix example doesn't work for the very reason you just said. I'll add to that bold, they don't sale these DVDs (that they don't produce) in stores. With that said, how could they ever drive the price of DVDs up when they are not in competition with DVDs at all.

DVDs can be played offline, a HUUUUUUGE reason to own them. Two different markets.

If you wanted to compare Netflix to something else, you'd have to compare it to something like blockbuster, something they were in direct competition with. And you saw how that turned out. Completely irrelevant still.

Shirley.... please think when you talk to me. Think critically.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#30lilj812Posted 7/31/2014 7:54:21 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

You can also purchase Blu-ray or DVD of Netflix original shows....so they do produce their own stuff and sell it

*facepalm* that's not even the point. Look at my last post.
---
"Worlds best heel"