EA Access, it's apparently not good because it's on Xbox and no other systems.

#31avanentPosted 7/31/2014 8:55:46 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Is EA Access going to drive up game prices the same way Netflix drove up DVD prices?

Does Netflix sale DVDs at all?? Bad example there buddy. Try again.

In case you don't get why I'm telling you to try again, it's because of this; EA produces and sells physical copies of video games in stores. Netflix doesn't sale anything physical in any store. EA products that are on EA Access are also being sold in stores. Therefore, your netflix example doesn't hold weight here.

I get what you're trying to say. It's just baseless and full of personal bias and assumptions.

Also, my Netflix example is fine as you can still buy movies in stores. Yes I'm aware Netflix doesn't produce the movies, but you haven't addressed why that matters.

You can also purchase Blu-ray or DVD of Netflix original shows....so they do produce their own stuff and sell it

It is still a poor comparison. EA is a publisher, period. They do not carry titles from other publishers. Netflix is almost exclusively a distributor of other publishers content. Sure they have some originals, but if you go to Netflix.com, they boast they have thousands of options. If you check how many originals they've produced, it's not even 10% of what they provide.

You're comparing oranges and tomatoes. Sure, they're both fruit... but the similarities basically end there.
#32HorotoPosted 7/31/2014 9:06:49 PM(edited)
EA access is not good. Psnow is not good. Xboxs drm was not good. All digital future is not good. End of d discussion. Lets all unite and end this nonsense rather than talk about who's console is better, who's butthurt, and whos not.

All the while everyone argues ea, ms, and sony are going to be laughing while raking up all the cash. Just because youre not participating in said activity doesnt mean it doesnt hurt you. It's setting the standard from here forward.

Wouldnt you rather say: "no give us something better."
Rather than: "we have this you dont nanny nanny boo boo"

Nintendo is looking better.
---
"Well since you bolded that, we have no choice but to deal with it..." - Duh_Bad_Guy
#33duces9killaPosted 7/31/2014 9:00:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#34phoenix9291Posted 7/31/2014 9:00:28 PM
lilj812 posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Is EA Access going to drive up game prices the same way Netflix drove up DVD prices?

In case you don't get why I'm telling you to try again, it's because of this; EA produces and sells physical copies of video games in stores. Netflix doesn't sale anything physical in any store. EA products that are on EA Access are also being sold in stores. Therefore, your netflix example doesn't hold weight here.

I get what you're trying to say. It's just baseless and full of personal bias and assumptions.

Also, my Netflix example is fine as you can still buy movies in stores. Yes I'm aware Netflix doesn't produce the movies, but you haven't addressed why that matters.

You can also purchase Blu-ray or DVD of Netflix original shows....so they do produce their own stuff and sell it

*facepalm* that's not even the point. Look at my last post.

http://www.amazon.com/House-Cards-Season-1/dp/B00BC5I6Q2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406865351&sr=8-1&keywords=house+of+cards

http://www.amazon.com/Hemlock-Grove-Season-One-Blu-ray/dp/B00LMBUR90/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406865385&sr=8-2&keywords=hemlock+grove

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/house-of-cards-the-complete-first-season-3-discs-dvd/9022686.p;jsessionid=EA43A8D8AD306F531C3E3FA56A1B52B8.bbolsp-app03-152?id=2699966&skuId=9022686&st=house of cards&lp=1&cp=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hemlock-grove-the-complete-first-season-3-discs-dvd/25536298.p?id=3271940&skuId=25536298&st=hemlock grove&lp=1&cp=1

Unless I am really missing something here.....physical copies that they sell stores of their own produced stuff. After all you did say they don't sell them at all which simply isn't true. Now I remember why I had you blocked.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#35SculptorOvFleshPosted 7/31/2014 9:00:31 PM
AtomicMenace posted...
Still beats the hell out of $4.99 for 4 hours of gameplay...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#36phoenix9291Posted 7/31/2014 9:04:33 PM(edited)
avanent posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
lilj812 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

It is still a poor comparison. EA is a publisher, period. They do not carry titles from other publishers. Netflix is almost exclusively a distributor of other publishers content. Sure they have some originals, but if you go to Netflix.com, they boast they have thousands of options. If you check how many originals they've produced, it's not even 10% of what they provide.

You're comparing oranges and tomatoes. Sure, they're both fruit... but the similarities basically end there.

My point was that they do sell some of their own stuff when he said they didn't at all. That was my whole point as it was something they tried to say more than once. I didn't do any comparing.
---
#37avanentPosted 7/31/2014 9:09:03 PM(edited)
phoenix9291 posted...
My point was that they do sell some of their own stuff when he said they didn't at all. That was my whole point as it was something they tried to say more than once.

Yes, that is apparent, and you are splitting hairs because the point is not consequential as it is a fraction of their business compared to it being basically ALL of EA's business.
#38Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 9:06:32 PM
The paranoia is insane on Gamefaqs.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#39lilj812Posted 7/31/2014 9:09:07 PM
Jedi454 posted...
The paranoia is insane on Gamefaqs.

You're just a troll who can't think critically enough to back up an argument so you just try to rile people.

Get big man.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#40phoenix9291Posted 7/31/2014 9:09:38 PM
avanent posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
My point was that they do sell some of their own stuff when he said they didn't at all. That was my whole point as it was something they tried to say more than once.

Yes, that is apparent, and you are splitting hairs because the point is not consequently as it is a fraction of their business compared to it being basically ALL of EA's business.

Based on when I originally replied they hadn't expanded on their argument and I had known them to be a troll from before the system was released. It was my mistake to even engage them but I had little patience for them. I put them back on ignore though and don't plan on making the same mistake again.
---