EA Access, it's apparently not good because it's on Xbox and no other systems.

#41Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 9:12:20 PM
lilj812 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
The paranoia is insane on Gamefaqs.

You're just a troll who can't think critically enough to back up an argument so you just try to rile people.

Get big man.

You thought EA would bring game prices up, I showed my mate your comment and we laughed it off.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#42BoneRevolutionPosted 7/31/2014 9:21:35 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Am I right?

Absolutely.
#43avanentPosted 7/31/2014 9:22:46 PM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
lilj812 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

You're just a troll who can't think critically enough to back up an argument so you just try to rile people.

Get big man.

You thought EA would bring game prices up, I showed my mate your comment and we laughed it off.

Its actually not that crazy of an idea. EA is a huge publisher, and what they do is significant. If they could gain a the majority of how their content is delivered and its cost, through various incentives through their subscription model and origin service they could slowly push up costs on DLC and the titles themselves- especially if they had been able to exist on both XB1 and PS4.

If you can create a monopoly, you can control price, and if you do it gradually and maintain the illusion of choice, most won't notice. It's what's been happening with eye glasses and with internet service providers in the US for a few years now. It'd probably be a little more difficult to do in the video game industry, but I wouldn't put it past EA to try. It'd be very lucrative, and EA is renown for pushing policies that focus on profit over all else, including over quality and working conditions.
#44Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 9:25:50 PM
avanent posted...
Jedi454 posted...
lilj812 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Get big man.

Its actually not that crazy of an idea. EA is a huge publisher, and what they do is significant. If they could gain a the majority of how their content is delivered and its cost, through various incentives through their subscription model and origin service they could slowly push up costs on DLC and the titles themselves- especially if they had been able to exist on both XB1 and PS4.

If you can create a monopoly, you can control price, and if you do it gradually and maintain the illusion of choice, most won't notice. It's what's been happening with eye glasses and with internet service providers in the US for a few years now. It'd probably be a little more difficult to do in the video game industry, but I wouldn't put it past EA to try. It'd be very lucrative, and EA is renown for pushing policies that focus on profit over all else, including over quality and working conditions.

1. This is for Xbox One only.
2. They're a Multiplatform publisher
3. There is still a large majority of people that buy Physical.
4. This EA Access program is in Beta.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#45HorotoPosted 7/31/2014 9:26:31 PM
avanent posted...
Jedi454 posted...
lilj812 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Get big man.

---
"Well since you bolded that, we have no choice but to deal with it..." - Duh_Bad_Guy
#46LooksLikeRainPosted 7/31/2014 9:27:32 PM
Literally the only people I've seen that don't like the program are the ones that don't have access to it. Not only that, but the program is optional. There's no contract. If it's successful, then it's because gamers want this system. If it's not successful, it will be shut down. I don't see the problem.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#47OkayPlayer1Posted 7/31/2014 9:27:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#48N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/31/2014 9:31:18 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
mygoodluckcharm posted...
It's not good because it's EA.

Ok then. You, or the people complaining about it don't have to worry about it, because it's not available on any other system. Let the X1 owners decide if it's for them. It's definitely for me...when they add more games to it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69757967
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#49avanentPosted 7/31/2014 9:32:49 PM
Jedi454 posted...

1. Yes, but apparently EA had also approached Sony; and Origin is already on PC and this is linked to Origin.

2. See previous.

3. This was also the case with music 15 years ago, and PC gaming 10 years ago. We are seeing books and television and movies transition currently. You are correct for now with console games, and I hope your statement is correct for a long time as there is not decent internet in my area (monopolized regions, thanks shady internet service provides). However, it is hard to say how much longer it will remain that way.

4. I don't see how them having a limited public release now in effect, with mass roll out agreed upon with Microsoft, diminishes my previous statements.
#50Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 9:34:48 PM
avanent posted...
Jedi454 posted...

1. Yes, but apparently EA had also approached Sony; and Origin is already on PC and this is linked to Origin.

2. See previous.

3. This was also the case with music 15 years ago, and PC gaming 10 years ago. We are seeing books and television and movies transition currently. You are correct for now with console games, and I hope your statement is correct for a long time as there is not decent internet in my area (monopolized regions, thanks shady internet service provides). However, it is hard to say how much longer it will remain that way.

4. I don't see how them having a limited public release now in effect, with mass roll out agreed upon with Microsoft, diminishes my previous statements.

You buy a console for convenience, not for the same experience as a PC. Majority of people will stick to Physical copies of games this gen, I guarantee it.
---