Anyone have an idea why my ping is higher on my Xbox One than my Xbox 360?

#1Cows Go HisssssPosted 7/31/2014 8:48:45 PM
Looking at my pings for Titanfall (I own both 360 and One versions)

Xbox 360 - 22 ping
Xbox One - 51 ping

I'm connecting both to the exact same network with the exact same Ethernet cable. I actually unplug the Ethernet from one and plug it into the other to play online.

Why is the ping for the Xbox One double that of the Xbox 360? Shouldn't it be the same?
---
hey foo
hey foo
#2LooksLikeRainPosted 7/31/2014 8:49:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3OMGWYATTPosted 7/31/2014 8:54:33 PM
I have the same problem, 360 is fine but PS4 and XBox One both higher, maybe crappier network hardware, or that they have to do more multitasking takes away from it? Idk tbh.
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL/PSN: Riotsquad18
#4LowfocusPosted 7/31/2014 8:58:13 PM
Same problem. Wired my 360 gets 12mbps down and about 3 up. I get 25ish ping on Titanfall.

My Xbox One wired, same wire and connection, gets 35 down and 5 up with 0% packet loss but has 45 ping on Titanfall.

Ping isn't really an issue until 100+ so I don't really care but I do find this odd.
---
Derpl Zork
#5miethaPosted 8/1/2014 2:39:06 AM
A LOT more traffic and usage on the One servers over the 360 ones, especially right now, would be my guess.
#6crynryanPosted 8/1/2014 2:53:50 AM
It probably has to do with things outside of your control. Definitely possible that you're connecting to a different building depending on which console you play on.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#7Spetsnaz420Posted 8/1/2014 2:55:35 AM
mietha posted...
A LOT more traffic and usage on the One servers over the 360 ones, especially right now, would be my guess.

You're close, but I imagine it's harder to handle 80 million potential logins than less than 4 million.

It's likely because they use different data centres. Or possibly an issue on your end in the forum of network traffic from other users, or if you use a cable ISP you may have checked during peak hours where performance can fluctuate.

Either way a 50ms ping is just fine so don't even worry
---
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 8/1/2014 5:02:42 AM
How do you know how much ping you're using? The only time I've ever seen that is playing Counter Strike.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#9crynryanPosted 8/1/2014 5:10:02 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
How do you know how much ping you're using? The only time I've ever seen that is playing Counter Strike.

Titanfall's main menu lets you see it, everywhere else in the game it gives you the usual signal strength bars. Most console games only give you the bars because it's a more streamlined look.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#10GladiatorDangerPosted 8/1/2014 5:46:47 AM(edited)
The higher ping on the Xbox One is due to the larger amount of data being sent and received by the console. The Xbox 360 has a lower ping because not as much Data is being sent however the Xbox One also has to send data based on what type of snacks you eat, the clothes you wear, your darkest fears, ect on top of what is already required for a multiplayer match.