Will you decline the EA subscription because of your download speed?

#11nableetPosted 7/31/2014 11:50:10 PM
BoneRevolution posted...
No brainer, may take more time but still a mere download. It's not like streaming a game..

If you can watch a live stream, you can stream a game. You also could start playing immediately. Although 5mbps is the recommended minimum speed.

8 hours download vs playing instantly. No brainer ;-) although the pricing is awful and input lag could make games unpleasant to play.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#12TenzhiPosted 8/1/2014 12:54:21 AM
I'm not *planning* on subscribing, but that doesn't necessarily mean I won't eventually subscribe. If I decide not to subscribe, my download speed will not be a factor.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#13miethaPosted 8/1/2014 1:46:35 AM
BoneRevolution posted...
No brainer, may take more time but still a mere download. It's not like streaming a game..

Exactly. I mean come on, if you were talking dial-up or some crap I could see it, but my average DL speed on steam is 1.7mb and I have over a TB of games downloaded. Because you are impatient is not a reason not to get it. It's not like you can't do other things on the system while it's downloading.
#14Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 4:26:29 PM
bump
#15xIMcDermottPosted 8/1/2014 4:28:21 PM
If people can install games to thier xbox now I don't see how they couldn't with ea access
---
I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
#16pnut3844Posted 8/1/2014 4:40:27 PM
Hucast9 posted...
I'm not sure why you don't understand. In order to use the EA system, you're going to have to download large games. If you have the lowest internet speed such as 1.5 Mbps speed, then it is going to take a long long time to download those 20+ gb games. That's the whole point of this topic: Will internet speed deter you from using this service?

Internet speed didn't deter people from buying digital games they like did it? If someone wants it bad enough they'll deal with it. I heard many complaining about destiny beta dl time, myself included, but I run 5-6mbps. Yet I still waited the 4-5 hours to dl it, bc I wanted to try it that bad.
#17vashkeyPosted 8/1/2014 6:03:24 PM
It's not a bad deal but I pretty much have every EA published game on Xbone that I want so, so nah.