china release

#1copycat2008Posted 7/31/2014 10:20:33 PM
https://games.yahoo.com/news/did-microsoft-just-botch-another-xbox-one-launch-201537216.html

you think xbox will get a boost in sales when they release in china? probably.....
xbox one with no kinetic is selling for twice as much in china, 600+ dollars a console.... how do you boost sales when your asking price is that much

62% of chinese say they wont buy xb1, and how many % are buying and how many % are still thinking of not buying, or go for ps4.
#2crynryanPosted 7/31/2014 11:09:39 PM
copycat2008 posted...
xbox one with no kinetic is selling for twice as much in china, 600+ dollars a console.... how do you boost sales when your asking price is that much

$600 isn't twice as much, it's only 1.5x as much. The reasons for that would be government taxes and possible inflation due to the different currency they use in China. It's still nowhere near as bad as Brazil (PS4 costs $1700, can only assume the One is up there as well).

copycat2008 posted...
62% of chinese say they wont buy xb1, and how many % are buying and how many % are still thinking of not buying, or go for ps4.

Doesn't really matter since PS4 isn't going to be sold any time soon legally. The only way anyone's going to get one is through the gray markets, which of course aren't exactly all that legal.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3Shaolin015Posted 8/1/2014 12:46:34 AM
crynryan posted...
copycat2008 posted...

$600 isn't twice as much, it's only 1.5x as much. The reasons for that would be government taxes and possible inflation due to the different currency they use in China. It's still nowhere near as bad as Brazil (PS4 costs $1700, can only assume the One is up there as well).

copycat2008 posted...

Doesn't really matter since PS4 isn't going to be sold any time soon legally. The only way anyone's going to get one is through the gray markets, which of course aren't exactly all that legal.

Hahaha. China doesn't care whether they got a ps4 or Xbox illegally. They are both foreign companies.
#4slowdog76Posted 8/1/2014 1:03:08 AM
62%? which means 38% that would buy one would be over 51m people.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#5miethaPosted 8/1/2014 1:37:17 AM(edited)
slowdog76 posted...

Um, work on your math skills bud. China has over a BILLION people. 38% would be 380 million plus. Xbox One sales in China alone will very likely outstrip the sales of all three system everywhere else combined. This is a culture that is three times the population of the US, over eight times that of Japan, LOVES gaming, loves western things, has more disposable income, as a society, than ever, and hasn't had a console in 14 years. MS hit the ************* jackpot with this one.

Edit: I'm sorry, that's 1.351 billion. I didn't know it had gotten THAT big. 38% would be over half a BILLION consoles. Is it going to sell that much? Of course not. But it realistically could become the best selling console worldwide in history, JUST off the chinese sales. Really depends on whether someone figures out how to bootleg it or not.
#6suzukimatsuiPosted 8/1/2014 3:47:40 AM
mietha posted...
slowdog76 posted...

Um, work on your math skills bud. China has over a BILLION people. 38% would be 380 million plus. Xbox One sales in China alone will very likely outstrip the sales of all three system everywhere else combined. This is a culture that is three times the population of the US, over eight times that of Japan, LOVES gaming, loves western things, has more disposable income, as a society, than ever, and hasn't had a console in 14 years. MS hit the ************* jackpot with this one.

Edit: I'm sorry, that's 1.351 billion. I didn't know it had gotten THAT big. 38% would be over half a BILLION consoles. Is it going to sell that much? Of course not. But it realistically could become the best selling console worldwide in history, JUST off the chinese sales. Really depends on whether someone figures out how to bootleg it or not.

The Chinese sales is not going to be a factor. Also where the heck did you get the 62% as well as 38%? Those would be just a from a small survey.

Based off the CIA Factbook as of 2013 71% of Chinese consists of the ages 15-64. As for the other 29% they are older than the age of 64 or younger than 15.

Also the wealth disparity in China is huge. There are more essential things that people need to buy than an expensive luxury item
#7TheGam3925Posted 8/1/2014 3:50:23 AM
All hail China, the Xbone's saving grace. I predict at least 5 bazillion Xbones sold in China alone.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#8MrSpaM111Posted 8/1/2014 4:00:03 AM
You can't really presume the asked every single person in China whether they would buy an xbo lol the survey was probably only done with a couple of hundred people in a games store, not the entire population
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628