Do you think microsoft chose the name xbox one

#1HorotoPosted 7/31/2014 11:25:35 PM
As a play on words?

Ya know like, xbox won.
---
"Well since you bolded that, we have no choice but to deal with it..." - Duh_Bad_Guy
#2Xerosnake90Posted 7/31/2014 11:26:07 PM
Yea, or if they're losing it's xbox none.
#3Hucast9Posted 7/31/2014 11:32:36 PM
I think that they need Phil Spencer in charge throughout the process of making the next Xbox system. Some things about the Xbox One were not thought out well during its development, and yes the name is one of those things.
#4Miiri0Posted 8/1/2014 12:27:04 AM
Xerosnake90 posted...

LOL

Xbox none it is.
#5EoinPosted 8/1/2014 1:24:22 AM
For the name Xbox One, it seems that Microsoft went back the original list of names again.

These were all contenders for the name of the original console:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/11-x-cyberplayground-ehq-the-rejected-names-for-microsofts-first-console/

The list was originally published in a special edition of Edge magazine in 2003. It contains many very stupid names. However, it also contains "TSO" (for "Three, Six, Zero") - which Microsoft clearly went back to when they named the 360.

Also on the list: AIO (for "All In One"), and IS1 (for "Interactive System In One"). The "All In One" tagline is something Microsoft use a lot to describe the Xbox One - it's surely what was at the top of their minds when choosing the name.

(They also tried, briefly, to make "Input One" a slogan, something that failed because people didn't realise that they meant that the Xbox One would be so that it would be be your "Input One" - the first, primary input on your TV).
#6HoIySilvergunPosted 8/1/2014 2:16:51 AM
Eoin posted...
For the name Xbox One, it seems that Microsoft went back the original list of names again.

These were all contenders for the name of the original console:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/11-x-cyberplayground-ehq-the-rejected-names-for-microsofts-first-console/

The list was originally published in a special edition of Edge magazine in 2003. It contains many very stupid names. However, it also contains "TSO" (for "Three, Six, Zero") - which Microsoft clearly went back to when they named the 360.

Also on the list: AIO (for "All In One"), and IS1 (for "Interactive System In One"). The "All In One" tagline is something Microsoft use a lot to describe the Xbox One - it's surely what was at the top of their minds when choosing the name.

(They also tried, briefly, to make "Input One" a slogan, something that failed because people didn't realise that they meant that the Xbox One would be so that it would be be your "Input One" - the first, primary input on your TV).

My, such brilliant names. I'm sure they had a very hard time choosing the name of the new Xbox with such gems being considered for the name.
---
"I don't know who to worry for most." lol. I do. Poster #13. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69735474
#7Shadowfxd2Posted 8/1/2014 2:22:32 AM
Miiri0 posted...
Xerosnake90 posted...

LOL

Xbox none it is.

I like "Xbox done" better personally.