So when the hell is Magic 2015 coming out?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So when the hell is Magic 2015 coming out?

User Info: RockguyKev

2 years ago#11
2015 is the worst version yet in my opinion. I haven't replayed the original in forever so maybe it is worse but 2015 is just absolutely lifeless. The campaign has no charm whatsoever. It exists solely as a grind-fest to unlock cards. I'd be fine with that if the unlocked cards had some sense of balance - they don't. Aggro is insanely overpowered to the point where most multiplayer games are just two people trying to interact as little as possible. If I wanted that out of my games I'd play Hearthstone.

User Info: MrRoam

2 years ago#12

User Info: LooksLikeRain

2 years ago#13
Pulp posted...
I though Magic was yet another series ruined by microtransactions?

You thought wrong.
GT: Frightbeard.

User Info: joejoebaggin

2 years ago#14
i own magic 2013/14/15 on the 360 and i would say 2015 is pretty good. Only thing ive been struggling with is learning how to build my own decks from nothing.
GT = joejoebaggin
(message deleted)

User Info: QueezZeenart

2 years ago#16
2015 is, by far, the worst entry into the DotP series. Do yourself a favor and play MtG Online instead.

User Info: Shotgunnova

2 years ago#17
After playing through the campaign and collecting all the cards (on PC), I'd say Magic 2015 should be the best installment, but it's brought down by a few things:

- No Two-Headed Giant (2HG) multiplayer
- Premium cards, many of which are great, are behind a paywall, which might annoy multiplayer users
- You can't actually do any deck-building until you've beaten the Innistrad plane (4 battles)

Most of the other DotP games have had microtransactions, so that alone isn't a big problem; it's really gating the premium cards and nudging the series towards to be a bigger investment that's annoying people. After all, if someone wanted to spend an extra $30+ dollars on a $10 game, that could probably be better served buying actual cards. Or, as said, maybe putting that interest toward a game with a bigger card pool, like MTG Online.

Some of the problems, like bugs and cards not working right, will be patched, so that's more of a short-term complaint. (On PC, there was just one yesterday that helped on that end.) If you're more interested in a DotP game with a level playing field, you might try the 2014 variant -- no deck-building outside of sealed mode, but it's still pretty fun, and had decent expansions. If 2015's deck-building seems amazing enough that you'd want to buy it, warts and all, I'd suggest waiting to see if expansions improve upon it, or if its creators restore some much-loved improvements. At least that way, it's more "all" and less "warts," haha.

BTW: when people talk about card-collecting being a grindfest, it means you only get packs of cards through winning duels. This will naturally be annoying for people with mediocre starting decks. Note, however, that once you get X amount of duplicates, you stop receiving those as prizes. So, if you really wanted a Hedron Crab but weren't getting any, if you keep exploring that plane and winning, you'll eventually get one by thinning out the other possibilities. (Some cards are capped at 1, 2 or 3 max, though. In some cases, it's for the best -- only one Griselbrand, for instance -- but I'm sure it'll rub some the wrong way.)
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

User Info: LanternOfAsh

2 years ago#18
^better than nothing.
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!

User Info: InfinityOver0

2 years ago#19
LanternOfAsh posted...
^better than nothing.

they dont offer the 2014 one anymore? mtg online really is the best option
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2

User Info: LanternOfAsh

2 years ago#20
InfinityOver0 posted...
LanternOfAsh posted...
^better than nothing.

they dont offer the 2014 one anymore? mtg online really is the best option

Unfortunately neither of those are on XB1.
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So when the hell is Magic 2015 coming out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived