So when the hell is Magic 2015 coming out?

#11RockguyKevPosted 8/1/2014 6:04:23 AM
2015 is the worst version yet in my opinion. I haven't replayed the original in forever so maybe it is worse but 2015 is just absolutely lifeless. The campaign has no charm whatsoever. It exists solely as a grind-fest to unlock cards. I'd be fine with that if the unlocked cards had some sense of balance - they don't. Aggro is insanely overpowered to the point where most multiplayer games are just two people trying to interact as little as possible. If I wanted that out of my games I'd play Hearthstone.
#12MrRoamPosted 8/1/2014 8:23:39 AM
....2015?
---
Mave
#13LooksLikeRainPosted 8/1/2014 9:24:37 AM
Pulp posted...
I though Magic was yet another series ruined by microtransactions?

You thought wrong.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#14joejoebagginPosted 8/1/2014 11:16:31 AM
i own magic 2013/14/15 on the 360 and i would say 2015 is pretty good. Only thing ive been struggling with is learning how to build my own decks from nothing.
---
GT = joejoebaggin
#15joejoebagginPosted 8/1/2014 11:20:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16QueezZeenartPosted 8/1/2014 11:24:26 AM
2015 is, by far, the worst entry into the DotP series. Do yourself a favor and play MtG Online instead.
#17Shotgunnova(Moderator)Posted 8/1/2014 12:01:35 PM
After playing through the campaign and collecting all the cards (on PC), I'd say Magic 2015 should be the best installment, but it's brought down by a few things:

- No Two-Headed Giant (2HG) multiplayer
- Premium cards, many of which are great, are behind a paywall, which might annoy multiplayer users
- You can't actually do any deck-building until you've beaten the Innistrad plane (4 battles)

Most of the other DotP games have had microtransactions, so that alone isn't a big problem; it's really gating the premium cards and nudging the series towards to be a bigger investment that's annoying people. After all, if someone wanted to spend an extra $30+ dollars on a $10 game, that could probably be better served buying actual cards. Or, as said, maybe putting that interest toward a game with a bigger card pool, like MTG Online.

Some of the problems, like bugs and cards not working right, will be patched, so that's more of a short-term complaint. (On PC, there was just one yesterday that helped on that end.) If you're more interested in a DotP game with a level playing field, you might try the 2014 variant -- no deck-building outside of sealed mode, but it's still pretty fun, and had decent expansions. If 2015's deck-building seems amazing enough that you'd want to buy it, warts and all, I'd suggest waiting to see if expansions improve upon it, or if its creators restore some much-loved improvements. At least that way, it's more "all" and less "warts," haha.

BTW: when people talk about card-collecting being a grindfest, it means you only get packs of cards through winning duels. This will naturally be annoying for people with mediocre starting decks. Note, however, that once you get X amount of duplicates, you stop receiving those as prizes. So, if you really wanted a Hedron Crab but weren't getting any, if you keep exploring that plane and winning, you'll eventually get one by thinning out the other possibilities. (Some cards are capped at 1, 2 or 3 max, though. In some cases, it's for the best -- only one Griselbrand, for instance -- but I'm sure it'll rub some the wrong way.)
---
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
#18LanternOfAsh(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 1:53:58 PM
^better than nothing.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#19InfinityOver0Posted 8/1/2014 2:31:29 PM
LanternOfAsh posted...
^better than nothing.

they dont offer the 2014 one anymore? mtg online really is the best option
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#20LanternOfAsh(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 5:45:07 PM
InfinityOver0 posted...
LanternOfAsh posted...
^better than nothing.

they dont offer the 2014 one anymore? mtg online really is the best option

Unfortunately neither of those are on XB1.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!