Is xbox still the console for competitive shooters and multiplayer ?

#1s2RangerPosted 8/1/2014 2:19:49 AM
Would like to know peoples opinion on this as I have yet to decide what I will be getting in regards to xbox or ps4. I like me some multiplayer and what not though so I'm edging towards the one. Will xbox be the place for online this gen as it was last ?
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 8/1/2014 2:27:01 AM
If you're after a truly competitive scene... You should go PC. I don't even game on PC outside of maybe Indies, but when I did and was competitive it was far more organized with far better competition than anything I've seen from a console game or version.
---
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#3miethaPosted 8/1/2014 2:34:43 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
If you're after a truly competitive scene... You should go PC. I don't even game on PC outside of maybe Indies, but when I did and was competitive it was far more organized with far better competition than anything I've seen from a console game or version.

He said "console" not "platform"... In my opinion, absolutely yes. The PSN is (more or less) better on PS4, but it still sucks. The top MP game by far currently is only on the One. What does the PS4 have? Killzone? Yeah... If you are focused on MP, it's a no-brainer IMO, especially with a certain, very awesome, collection coming in november
#4Jeh64Posted 8/1/2014 3:28:45 AM
Only because of the controller imo
#5PoweredMilkManPosted 8/1/2014 3:29:45 AM
Isn't it the preferred console of the MLG still for console shooters?
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
#6StrongBlackVinePosted 8/1/2014 4:17:58 AM
All games sell better on PS4 including Call Of Duty and Battlefield.
#7superbowl54Posted 8/1/2014 8:45:11 AM
mietha posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

He said "console" not "platform"... In my opinion, absolutely yes. The PSN is (more or less) better on PS4, but it still sucks. The top MP game by far currently is only on the One. What does the PS4 have? Killzone? Yeah... If you are focused on MP, it's a no-brainer IMO, especially with a certain, very awesome, collection coming in november

Out of curiousity, what game is this? Titanfall? Cuz that has a better 360 version.
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence; Steam: superbowl54
MS needs to patch out the uselessness called Kinect.
#8JohnWall32Posted 8/1/2014 8:46:44 AM
It used to be but it's not anymore.
---
Board User Level: Legend
#9zerooo0Posted 8/1/2014 8:51:35 AM(edited)
Considering it's going to have Halo:MCC, Titanfall, Destiny, CoD:Advanced Warfare, BF:Hardline, and Evolve I would say yes, yes it still is.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#10HorridhalPosted 8/1/2014 8:57:05 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Considering it's going to have Halo:MCC, Titanfall, Destiny, CoD:Advanced Warfare, BF:Hardline, and Evolve I would say yes, yes it still is.

You do realize that only two of those titles is exclusive and one of those won't be exclusive for its sequel, right?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.