Is xbox still the console for competitive shooters and multiplayer ?

#11zerooo0Posted 8/1/2014 9:58:23 AM
Horridhal posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Considering it's going to have Halo:MCC, Titanfall, Destiny, CoD:Advanced Warfare, BF:Hardline, and Evolve I would say yes, yes it still is.

You do realize that only two of those titles is exclusive and one of those won't be exclusive for its sequel, right?

I never did claim they where now did I?
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#12ScRuiPosted 8/1/2014 10:00:23 AM
To me it is...

PS4: single player games and exclusives

Xbox ONE: multiplayer games and exclusives

So depending on which game and how I'm going to play the most... Is how I judge which console to buy games for...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#13WarsuhPosted 8/1/2014 10:04:11 AM
Of course it is the most competitive console. MLG is already switching from 360 to X1. And with Halo: MCC coming in a few months you better start practicing ahead of time, competition is fierce in the Halo universe. X1 also has the best FPS controller out of them all (In my opinion and a lot of other peoples opinions). The Xbox live and dedicated servers that come with them are a competitive gamers wet dream. So yeah
#14ExempliGratiaPosted 8/1/2014 10:08:39 AM
ScRui posted...
To me it is...

PS4: single player games and exclusives

Xbox ONE: multiplayer games and exclusives

So depending on which game and how I'm going to play the most... Is how I judge which console to buy games for...

---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#15PrinceRevaPosted 8/1/2014 10:11:06 AM
If it is now, it won't be for long when you account for sales, sales forecasts, console capabilities and features. I'm not going to open any cans of worms here, but unless there's an express partnership with Xbox, they're probably going to swap platforms.

I think right now we can safely say Destiny is going to be the next big thing to hit gaming. It's got more guns, maps, levels and items in the PS4 version. Shooters that play at 1080p have a higher fidelity picture that offers an advantage compared to 720p. The controller is apparently the best thing going for the XO, but MLG praises itself on being all hardcore, so I cant imagine them tying themselves to what looks like a sinking ship in comparison.
---
*slips away unnoticed*
#16DonVito1990Posted 8/1/2014 10:23:12 AM
PrinceReva posted...
If it is now, it won't be for long when you account for sales, sales forecasts, console capabilities and features. I'm not going to open any cans of worms here, but unless there's an express partnership with Xbox, they're probably going to swap platforms.

I think right now we can safely say Destiny is going to be the next big thing to hit gaming. It's got more guns, maps, levels and items in the PS4 version. Shooters that play at 1080p have a higher fidelity picture that offers an advantage compared to 720p. The controller is apparently the best thing going for the XO, but MLG praises itself on being all hardcore, so I cant imagine them tying themselves to what looks like a sinking ship in comparison.

It's because most people realize that if specs are important you go with a PC. PS4 isn't drastically different from the Xbox One.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#17kushahilicPosted 8/1/2014 11:01:42 AM
superbowl54 posted...
mietha posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
If you're after a truly competitive scene... You should go PC. I don't even game on PC outside of maybe Indies, but when I did and was competitive it was far more organized with far better competition than anything I've seen from a console game or version.

He said "console" not "platform"... In my opinion, absolutely yes. The PSN is (more or less) better on PS4, but it still sucks. The top MP game by far currently is only on the One. What does the PS4 have? Killzone? Yeah... If you are focused on MP, it's a no-brainer IMO, especially with a certain, very awesome, collection coming in november

Out of curiousity, what game is this? Titanfall? Cuz that has a better 360 version.

Lol if you think TF is better on the 360, you're delusional.
#18DonVito1990Posted 8/1/2014 11:06:01 AM
kushahilic posted...
superbowl54 posted...
mietha posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
If you're after a truly competitive scene... You should go PC. I don't even game on PC outside of maybe Indies, but when I did and was competitive it was far more organized with far better competition than anything I've seen from a console game or version.

He said "console" not "platform"... In my opinion, absolutely yes. The PSN is (more or less) better on PS4, but it still sucks. The top MP game by far currently is only on the One. What does the PS4 have? Killzone? Yeah... If you are focused on MP, it's a no-brainer IMO, especially with a certain, very awesome, collection coming in november

Out of curiousity, what game is this? Titanfall? Cuz that has a better 360 version.

Lol if you think TF is better on the 360, you're delusional.

It's only the better version for him since he doesn't have an XB1.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#19crawdadPosted 8/1/2014 11:09:23 AM
DonVito1990 posted...
It's because most people realize that if specs are important you go with a PC. PS4 isn't drastically different from the Xbox One.

Eh right now it isn't but there's definitely a gap which will become more apparent down the line. but you're right, for people to actually be concerned if they really were, PC would be the smart way to go.

But yeah, MS has always been stingy on the hardware side since the Original Xbox costing them so much. but Sony's always failed at software (See PS3 and PSP) so MS software and Network abilities > Sony but Sony Hardware and JP pull > MS's.

Just people are ravenous.
---
"it was a slow go" - gmo7897. I'm an expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#20s2Ranger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 12:08:34 PM
Thanks for the replies folk think I may get a one and hold off on the ps4 for a bit.