You know, the PS2 outsold the Xbox like 10:1

#21EllesarienPosted 8/1/2014 11:35:42 AM
3HP posted...
Reassurance topic

Says the poor sad clown that rushes here to always post sales #'s just to rub it in.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#22LooksLikeRainPosted 8/1/2014 11:37:30 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
3HP posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
3HP posted...
Reassurance topic

I believe you made one of those already today *badum tiss*

---

PS4 outselling the XB1 is a fact. Making topics saying that sales don't matter is reassurance.

Saying a console is doing badly because it's not in first place is reassurance. Saying a console is going to lose third party support because it's not in first place is completely wrong, and reassurance. It works both ways.

The Xbone has been doing badly this year even compared to the 360, not just the PS4.

It's still doing well though. 5 million is 5 million.

Either way, it's not affecting gamers.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#233HPPosted 8/1/2014 11:38:04 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
3HP posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
3HP posted...
Reassurance topic

---

PS4 outselling the XB1 is a fact. Making topics saying that sales don't matter is reassurance.

Saying a console is doing badly because it's not in first place is reassurance. Saying a console is going to lose third party support because it's not in first place is completely wrong, and reassurance. It works both ways.

good thing i didnt say any of those things. PS4 outselling XB1 is a fact, nothing else.
#24LooksLikeRainPosted 8/1/2014 11:38:34 AM
3HP posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
3HP posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
3HP posted...
Reassurance topic

---

good thing i didnt say any of those things. PS4 outselling XB1 is a fact, nothing else.

The sun is hot.
---
#25Flamer_BluePosted 8/1/2014 11:39:38 AM
It matters because then the Xbox was the most powerful console and the difference was big.
Splinter Cell on Xbox was a whole different and more impressive game than on PS2.

Now that edge is gone.
Only thing that the Xbox One has is exclusives. They can't afford to buy more exclusivity since they are running out of money and the Xbox One is weaker compared to the PS4.

I just wished Microsoft hadn't backed down from their Kinect idea. Yeah, it was a crappy idea, but at least they should've man up and followed it through the end.

Now all we have is a console with an unknown future. We don't even know if Microsoft will keep funding the Xbox division till the one's end.
---
PSN: Malakius
#26SigmaLongshotPosted 8/1/2014 11:40:14 AM
3HP posted...
Reassurance topic

I've never fully understood the double-worded response, "reassurance topic". Surely all topics reassure one point or another, and I've never ever considered reassurance in any form a negative thing.

If something you love is doing well, reminding yourself it's doing well is reassurance. It has a positive effect on you. Telling yourself something is doing less well, but it can always be much worse, that too is reassurance. But it's also positive. Reassurance is about affirming a placed confidence in something, and occasionally, mutual reassurance can be one of the most fulfilling pursuits a person can engage in.

I don't know why posters on the internet dismiss the actual meanings of what they post for the sake of a quick retort, when that retort is ironically simply a positive response to the poster they were meaning to demean.

Which, of course, will reassure them.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#27MrImpatient35Posted 8/1/2014 11:47:43 AM
leathelj posted...
JCY24 posted...
Maybe people tout sales as reassurance to justify that they made the "right" choice? I dunno I'll just continue to buy everything as one mega console and go from there

So true tcim so sick of the sales war garbage the resolution wars is also just as bad no one ever talks about games really on the xb1 board.

It's VERY hard to have a decent, unbiased conversation about any game that's exclusive to X1, like Sunset Overdrive for example. Say something positive about it, and you're labeled an xbot lol. Meanwhile, it's fine to say good things about a multiplat game, like Destiny.

Where are all the posts about Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2...I think it's called Ori? What about Inside? Nobody is talking about that puzzler. I'd like to talk about those if possible lol.
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."
#28iamdanthamanPosted 8/1/2014 11:49:28 AM
Flamer_Blue posted...
It matters because then the Xbox was the most powerful console and the difference was big.
Splinter Cell on Xbox was a whole different and more impressive game than on PS2.

Now that edge is gone.
Only thing that the Xbox One has is exclusives. They can't afford to buy more exclusivity since they are running out of money and the Xbox One is weaker compared to the PS4.

I just wished Microsoft hadn't backed down from their Kinect idea. Yeah, it was a crappy idea, but at least they should've man up and followed it through the end.

Now all we have is a console with an unknown future. We don't even know if Microsoft will keep funding the Xbox division till the one's end.

ITT: MS is running out of money.

MS could buy EA, Activision, and Ubisoft if they felt like it, but they don't really care to.
---
All your base are belong to us
#29Flamer_BluePosted 8/1/2014 11:58:20 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
Flamer_Blue posted...

Now that edge is gone.

MS could buy EA, Activision, and Ubisoft if they felt like it, but they don't really care to.

MS doesn't have to do anything with that. It's the Xbox division that deals with the gaming industry and the Xbox division couldn't even buy an indie developer.
---
PSN: Malakius
#30LooksLikeRainPosted 8/1/2014 11:59:18 AM
Flamer_Blue posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
Flamer_Blue posted...

Now that edge is gone.

MS doesn't have to do anything with that. It's the Xbox division that deals with the gaming industry and the Xbox division couldn't even buy an indie developer.

ITT: armchair financial analysts.
---