You know, the PS2 outsold the Xbox like 10:1

#31Lord_SerpentorPosted 8/1/2014 12:00:02 PM
I don't get all these topics, oh XBox gets this it will destroy PS4, PS4 is outselling XBox One X to 1 they can't catch up. Who cares? Microsoft made a few missteps at first much like Sony did with the PS3, they are not even a year into the console cycle and MS has more places to launch. I own both consoles, I want both to do well, competition is good for the industry. The PSone and PStwo dominance of the market led to Sony getting arrogant and complacent with the PS3 and then they expected people to fork over 600 dollars for a machine that gave developers a headache. Meanwhile Microsoft took it's lessons from the XBox and for most of the cycle was the leader (well behind Nintendo) It took Sony a long time to catch up and actually make the system worth owning. Microsoft isn't waiting they are being pro active, the cut are updating features faster then Sony, the removed the Kinect (even though they knew it would ultimately lead to some backlash) to get the One down to price parity with the PS4. I know these topics won't stop but it's kind of ridiculous, do people really need to try and reassure themselves that one of these consoles is better then the other? If you chose the PS4 and are happy with it, who cares if people are happy with the Xbox one, and the same goes the other way around. Sony and Microsoft should be fighting for our support we shouldn't be arguing with one another on who's better. Let them prove to us who is better by being the better console for the money.
---
Official CAGN Moon Knight
PSN: LordSerpentor XBL:Serpentor10
#32Flamer_BluePosted 8/1/2014 12:01:31 PM
People that post "who cares?" get in my nerves.
You'd think if people didn't care, there wouldn't be big arguments about them on gaming sites with more credibility than the deluded opinions from a simple minded gamer.
---
PSN: Malakius
#33LooksLikeRainPosted 8/1/2014 12:03:06 PM
Flamer_Blue posted...
You'd think if people didn't care, there wouldn't be big arguments about them on gaming sites with more credibility than the deluded opinions from a simple minded gamer.

People actually don't care though. People just like to argue.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#34EllesarienPosted 8/1/2014 12:04:12 PM
Flamer_Blue posted...
iamdanthaman posted...
Flamer_Blue posted...
It matters because then the Xbox was the most powerful console and the difference was big.
Splinter Cell on Xbox was a whole different and more impressive game than on PS2.

Now that edge is gone.
Only thing that the Xbox One has is exclusives. They can't afford to buy more exclusivity since they are running out of money and the Xbox One is weaker compared to the PS4.

I just wished Microsoft hadn't backed down from their Kinect idea. Yeah, it was a crappy idea, but at least they should've man up and followed it through the end.

Now all we have is a console with an unknown future. We don't even know if Microsoft will keep funding the Xbox division till the one's end.

ITT: MS is running out of money.

MS could buy EA, Activision, and Ubisoft if they felt like it, but they don't really care to.

MS doesn't have to do anything with that. It's the Xbox division that deals with the gaming industry and the Xbox division couldn't even buy an indie developer.

MS has nothing to do with the Xbox financially? Why hasn't this groundbreaking and shockingly new info been blasted all over the internet. I never knew!!!
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#35duericPosted 8/1/2014 12:04:48 PM
Two reasons why this topic is a little misinformed.

One, MS didn't have nearly as much money invested in the original Xbox.

Two, investors weren't as panicky because MS was still making money hand over fist is all their other endeavors.

12 years is a long time, my man.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#36EllesarienPosted 8/1/2014 12:05:06 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Flamer_Blue posted...

People actually don't care though. People just like to argue.

He knows that tbh. That is why HE is doing this. He just can't admit it to himself.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#37EllesarienPosted 8/1/2014 12:11:09 PM
Lord_Serpentor posted...
I don't get all these topics, oh XBox gets this it will destroy PS4, PS4 is outselling XBox One X to 1 they can't catch up. Who cares? Microsoft made a few missteps at first much like Sony did with the PS3, they are not even a year into the console cycle and MS has more places to launch. I own both consoles, I want both to do well, competition is good for the industry. The PSone and PStwo dominance of the market led to Sony getting arrogant and complacent with the PS3 and then they expected people to fork over 600 dollars for a machine that gave developers a headache. Meanwhile Microsoft took it's lessons from the XBox and for most of the cycle was the leader (well behind Nintendo) It took Sony a long time to catch up and actually make the system worth owning. Microsoft isn't waiting they are being pro active, the cut are updating features faster then Sony, the removed the Kinect (even though they knew it would ultimately lead to some backlash) to get the One down to price parity with the PS4. I know these topics won't stop but it's kind of ridiculous, do people really need to try and reassure themselves that one of these consoles is better then the other? If you chose the PS4 and are happy with it, who cares if people are happy with the Xbox one, and the same goes the other way around. Sony and Microsoft should be fighting for our support we shouldn't be arguing with one another on who's better. Let them prove to us who is better by being the better console for the money.

This is the cycle of the X-1 board.

Any good news for the X-1 will lead to these sales topics being made by Sony fans in an attempt to deflect from that good news. It happens every time and will happen again next time. And it will be the same people making them.

I mean think about that mindset. They see sales figures that make them feel good about "their"console. But instead of posting that news on their own board so they can all celebrate those numbers (Hell, that I CAN understand)....they instead come to the opposing console board and make them.

And then post this dribble in an attempt to basically hide from their own motives..

"Posting the truth doesn't make me a troll!!", etc.
---
#383HPPosted 8/1/2014 12:20:20 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Lord_Serpentor posted...

Any good news for the X-1 will lead to these sales topics being made by Sony fans in an attempt to deflect from that good news. It happens every time and will happen again next time. And it will be the same people making them.

I mean think about that mindset. They see sales figures that make them feel good about "their"console. But instead of posting that news on their own board so they can all celebrate those numbers (Hell, that I CAN understand)....they instead come to the opposing console board and make them.

And then post this dribble in an attempt to basically hide from their own motives..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69767141

This hypocrite is talking about deflecting as he takes part in a massive fanboy effort to deflect and derail my topic.
#39Rafficus_IIIPosted 8/1/2014 12:24:13 PM
3HP is mad he doesn't have any pancakes :(
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
#40EllesarienPosted 8/1/2014 12:30:14 PM
3HP posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Lord_Serpentor posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69767141

This hypocrite is talking about deflecting as he takes part in a massive fanboy effort to deflect and derail my topic.

Hehe...So much RAGE!! It's ok little fella...You'll get some more bites to fill that empty place inside you. Troll on Brother!!!
---