Canceling White PS4 Destiny bundle, buying an Xbox One instead

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Canceling White PS4 Destiny bundle, buying an Xbox One instead
11 months ago#201
well, this thread devolved into into a whole load of "why my girlfriend thinks i'm stupid for coming here"

still, at least it reminded me why i put lilj on ignore in the first place. and reminded me to get around to ignoring laylow finally
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
11 months ago#202
lilj812 posted...
Oh, you're still here. Awesome :D

Okay, so you listed a couple features. TV................ Avatars...........................................................

Anyways, what about the store on xbox live is better? PSN offers much deeper discounts as well as free to play games. So how is their store more robust and feature rich? What does the store offer the consumer that the PSN doesn't offer/do better?

And please, if you can, tell me more reasons. I mean, you should have no problem listing things about Xbox live, it's so Robust and feature rich lol.

I listed them a while ago, you know (when stating that I didn't list anything because you're unable to decipher the difference). Have you actually used the PSN store on the PS3? It's often time sluggish, slow, and sometimes unresponsive. In comparison, I'll take the Microsoft store every day, all day, and sixteen times on Sunday.

Whatchu' got? Fun, fun, fun.
11 months ago#203
Draconian-White posted...
lilj812 posted...

Okay, so you listed a couple features. TV................ Avatars...........................................................

Anyways, what about the store on xbox live is better? PSN offers much deeper discounts as well as free to play games. So how is their store more robust and feature rich? What does the store offer the consumer that the PSN doesn't offer/do better?

And please, if you can, tell me more reasons. I mean, you should have no problem listing things about Xbox live, it's so Robust and feature rich lol.

I listed them a while ago, you know (when stating that I didn't list anything because you're unable to decipher the difference). Have you actually used the PSN store on the PS3? It's often time sluggish, slow, and sometimes unresponsive. In comparison, I'll take the Microsoft store every day, all day, and sixteen times on Sunday.

Yea, the UI is slow on the PS3, and sluggish. But, like I said, they offer much deeper discounts as well as free to play games that are actually good. DCUO for example is a full mmo that's completely free. Download speeds are the same, both are as fast as your bandwidth will allow.

I'd rather take a bad UI and better products over just a good UI and retail prices. And yes, xbox live can have sales, but they in no way compare to PS+ prices, nor are the sales part of xbox live subscription service anyways since all xbox store deals apply to silver and gold members a like.

Trust me, I know all about xbox live, I use to be a xbox live customer support universal agent.

For the sake of argument and time btw, Draconian, do you mind compiling an easy to read list here of the robust features of xbox live?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
11 months ago#204
lilj812 posted...
lilj812 posted...

Yea, the UI is slow on the PS3, and sluggish. But, like I said, they offer much deeper discounts as well as free to play games that are actually good. DCUO for example is a full mmo that's completely free. Download speeds are the same, both are as fast as your bandwidth will allow.

I'd rather take a bad UI and better products over just a good UI and retail prices. And yes, xbox live can have sales, but they in no way compare to PS+ prices, nor are the sales part of xbox live subscription service anyways since all xbox store deals apply to silver and gold members a like.

Trust me, I know all about xbox live, I use to be a xbox live customer support universal agent.

For the sake of argument and time btw, Draconian, do you mind compiling an easy to read list here of the robust features of xbox live?

DCUO is not completely free, its cash shop with DLC. You know the thing people complain about on Forza. Also ps3 discounts are much worse then xbox discounts. Ps3 has more but they are like $5 off.
11 months ago#205
zephirraines posted...
lilj812 posted...
lilj812 posted...

DCUO is not completely free, its cash shop with DLC. You know the thing people complain about on Forza. Also ps3 discounts are much worse then xbox discounts. Ps3 has more but they are like $5 off.

Aren't you supposed to delete your account?....

Anyways. DCUO is completely free. You can get to the end of the game and max level and never spend a dime. Both DCUO and Forza have a cash shop to buy extra content for the game, why people get mad at Forza and why they don't get mad at DCUO is a simple reason really.

In order to play Forza and before you can ever even see the forza store... you have to BUY the game first. In DCUO online, you never have to BUY the game, you can log in and play just like that.

Do you see the difference? One has a store and no entry fee, the other has a store and has a 60 dollar entry fee.

:D

Also, people are aware of the great deals on PS3, and the flash sales and weekly sales and what not. Lets not kid ourselves.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
11 months ago#206
lilj812 posted...

I've discussed that PSN+ and the free games are much better prior. Most people that have actually used the service (myself included) would universally agree. You're lagging in telling me this, since it has already been discussed in this very thread. Imagine that.

Download speeds are the same wired, but wirelessly is a completely different story. I suggest you google 'PS3 slow WiFi speeds,' and tell me how many hits you get.

I've already made you list, but you have swept it under the rug purposefully. That's all fine and dandy, so I don't really have the motivation to go through the process once more.

Anyway, taking my kids to the park. Happy trails, and take care.
11 months ago#207
lilj812 posted...

I've discussed that PSN+ and the free games are much better prior. Most people that have actually used the service (myself included) would universally agree. You're lagging in telling me this, since it has already been discussed in this very thread. Imagine that.

Download speeds are the same wired, but wirelessly is a completely different story. I suggest you google 'PS3 slow WiFi speeds,' and tell me how many hits you get.

I've already made you list, but you have swept it under the rug purposefully. That's all fine and dandy, so I don't really have the motivation to go through the process once more.

Anyway, taking my kids to the park. Happy trails, and take care.

Bye.

For the rest of the bystanders.You listed xbox one features instead of xbox live features. So that list simply didn't work. When I asked you for a revised list, your list was TV, avatars, and the store.

If you are downloading big files and you are using wireless, no matter what device you are using you are doing it wrong. You go wireless if there is no way to go wired. So, the download speeds are the same, you admit.

And you admit that PS+ and the free games are much better. And that it's universally agreed upon.

So I guess you saying that xbox live is more robust and feature rich was a little bit of a lie? Half truth? Or maybe you're "Just saying..." :D

It was fun.
---
"Worlds best heel"
11 months ago#208
Hello fellow gamers :). Draconian-White, I completely understand your point on the subject matter. I can't stand the PS3/PS4 controllers. The xbox360/XB1 are the BEST controllers to date. I like the option to either use standard and rechargeable batteries. Also to use a charge kit. The PS4 is a good console to have, however I'm going to go with XB1 on this. We like what we like. If you want a PS4... Then by all means get one. If you want the XboxOne ... then get it. Some of you like to put people down because they buy what they like with their own money. That's very stupid. We are individuals and have a choice in everything that we do in our lives.
11 months ago#209
Jagosix posted...
Hello fellow gamers :). Draconian-White, I completely understand your point on the subject matter. I can't stand the PS3/PS4 controllers. The xbox360/XB1 are the BEST controllers to date. I like the option to either use standard and rechargeable batteries. Also to use a charge kit. The PS4 is a good console to have, however I'm going to go with XB1 on this. We like what we like. If you want a PS4... Then by all means get one. If you want the XboxOne ... then get it. Some of you like to put people down because they buy what they like with their own money. That's very stupid. We are individuals and have a choice in everything that we do in our lives.

User Name Jagosix
User ID 6661473
Board User Level 14: Provisional (5)
New account with less than 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Monday, September 3, 2012 11:30 AM
Last Visit Saturday, August 2, 2014 9:28 AM
Karma 1
Active Messages Posted 1

*sigh*
---
"Worlds best heel"
11 months ago#210
Who cares who has better deals . honestly who really cares lol
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Canceling White PS4 Destiny bundle, buying an Xbox One instead

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived