Canceling White PS4 Destiny bundle, buying an Xbox One instead

#41XlaxJynx007Posted 8/1/2014 8:01:56 PM
The reason I bought an Xbone first was because I wanted both systems anyways and the PS4 was always sold out. Xbone has it's flaws but it isn't terrible. I'm pretty disappointed with this gen so far.
---
PSN: DrMegaNutz
GT: DrMegaNutz
#42cmincPosted 8/1/2014 8:09:55 PM
Welcome aboard, tc! Youre gonna love it. A few of my friends that bought ps4's on release have made the trade for xb1 after spending some time with mine, too, So you may end up gaming with a couple of your friends afterall.

Ive always liked xbox exclusives over playstation's, but the ps4 hype was so huge and so loud, that i looked at what each system was offering and pretty much arrived at the precise conclusions you did. To a point where i kind of feel bad for the non-a-hole ps4 owners because when you look at the things that have come out, or are scheduled to, i cant help but be disappointed for them.

Their free racer's a year late, killzones as bare bones a shooter as theres ever been, infamous was overhauled in the wrong direction, everything looks a lot worse than the '40% better' than they were promised and, my god, all the indies...sony's really screwing this up and sooner or later the hypes going to die down and people are going to notice.

Now there's a remake of last year's big game, and on the horizon there's a reportedly shoddy gears clone, lbp3 and a souls game.

It's a shame people get so defensive about their console choice because their really needs to be a bit more outrage at how little sony is actually doing. I mean, yeah, it's selling well-and thats great- but the doesnt make owning it any more fun...i dont get it.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS
#43SetzeraPosted 8/1/2014 8:14:17 PM
Despite seeming like reading a news article, I can agree with TC here because it's basically all just his opinion. Can't really argue much about it.

Personally, I'm not in the same boat. I really see no need yet to have either PS4 or Xbone, I've actually opted for the Wii U because there were 2 games I couldn't pass up on. Super Mario 3D World and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (which I know is on other platforms, but all platforms which give me hand cramps).

Again, personally, the only thing I really have any interest in for Xbone, is Halo collection. It's been the only game I've ever had any previous Xbox's for.

But again, if by the time Xbone and Halo are in my sights, I no longer have my local co-op friend living close enough to me to come play (he might move), then I won't be getting either console at all.

I only play online on PC, and that's rare, save a few games that need it.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#44imjustdatnicePosted 8/1/2014 8:29:54 PM
cminc posted...
Welcome aboard, tc! Youre gonna love it. A few of my friends that bought ps4's on release have made the trade for xb1 after spending some time with mine, too, So you may end up gaming with a couple of your friends afterall.

Ive always liked xbox exclusives over playstation's, but the ps4 hype was so huge and so loud, that i looked at what each system was offering and pretty much arrived at the precise conclusions you did. To a point where i kind of feel bad for the non-a-hole ps4 owners because when you look at the things that have come out, or are scheduled to, i cant help but be disappointed for them.

Their free racer's a year late, killzones as bare bones a shooter as theres ever been, infamous was overhauled in the wrong direction, everything looks a lot worse than the '40% better' than they were promised and, my god, all the indies...sony's really screwing this up and sooner or later the hypes going to die down and people are going to notice.

Now there's a remake of last year's big game, and on the horizon there's a reportedly shoddy gears clone, lbp3 and a souls game.

It's a shame people get so defensive about their console choice because their really needs to be a bit more outrage at how little sony is actually doing. I mean, yeah, it's selling well-and thats great- but the doesnt make owning it any more fun...i dont get it.

Why do u feel bad for PS4 owners they used their opinions to get the system they thought they'd like more probably for the same reasons u chose the XB1. Why should their be outrage over what Sony is doing?
---
Now Playing: Dragon's Dogma (DA), Payday 2 (PS3), Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD, Watchdogs(PS4), TLOU Remastered
GT:VernalTomcat76 PSN:PhillyAces
#45ZerabpPosted 8/1/2014 9:39:12 PM
Draconian-White
Board User Level 25: New User (3)
Awarded to users with at least 25 Karma. No level posting restrictions. Can now edit posts.

Yeah this isn't suspicious at all...
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#46Dev445Posted 8/1/2014 9:57:49 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
hats off to any1 who cares to read all that

Reading is fundamental
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#47gilv3rPosted 8/1/2014 10:03:56 PM
The halo collection has me torn. that and it seems the X1 is actually more quiet than the ps4.
---
PC/PS3/3DS
#48popoetrPosted 8/1/2014 10:05:31 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Draconian-White posted...
I've had a change of heart, so I thought that I'd pass along my thoughts as to why it happened. I am an avid PC gamer and also own a Wii U. I told myself that I would wait a while until there is games that would appeal to me and justify my purchase of an Xbox One or PS4.

I have no desire to own both, especially after having owned multiple SKU's of both the Xbox 360 and PS3 last generation. I will not be doing that again, as I found it to be a waste of money in the long run. Plus, I'd just rather have less clutter in our main living room.

On to my reversal and thoughts...

I've played the PS4 and some of the games over at my buddies house. Same with the Xbox One and the controller, as he owns both consoles. The DS4 controller is a great upgrade over its predecessors, but I still found it uncomfortable after several hours of use -- I guess you could partly chalk that up to me having larger hands. Also, I found the battery life to be abysmal. There's easy ways around that, it's just inconvenient more than anything else.

With the Xbox One controller, I found it just as comfortable as the X360 one, maybe even more so. It just seemed sculpted to my hand and natural. Obviously this all personal preference, but I find that whichever controller is more comfortable to you should go a long way in your purchasing decision(s). Plus, I'll be playing the Elder Scrolls online from my console of choice once it drops (playing on PC religiously now) -- hence, a lot of hours using a controller. I want said controller to be comfortable in my hands, and in my case, that is the X1 controller.

Games, plain and simple. Microsoft is really going to town on the development and innovation that go into releasing us some terrific games now, and into the future. The lineup looks excellent to me, very bright future there. My personal trifecta that I am most excited for is: Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, and Quantum Break (love Sam Lake and Remedy). These three games make the Xbox One worth a purchase alone (on paper).

The more and more that I've watched and read with Sunset Overdrive, well, the anticipation and level of adoration has crept up on me. This game looks insanely fun, polished, and like a truly next generation experience with the Xbox One platform. I'm sold, completely and utterly -- it's now THE one title that I'm most looking forward to this year. I'm all in!

The online aspect. In my experience, XBL vs. PSN is different. In my opinion, XBL is more robust and feature rich, with a living community that is thriving. PSN while nothing to scoff at (and was great for free), just seemed much more muted, cold, and sterile in comparison. Microsoft has always seemed much more swift on the software side (firmware updates, patches, etc.), while Sony has had its share of well documented problems.

The one negative in all of this, is that more of my friends are on the PS4 and PSN. That was something that weighed heavily on my mind, and is something that should be a huge factor in someone's buying decision. In my case, I've decided to forego that aspect and do what makes the most sense for me and would ultimately make me happier in the long run. The games, controller, and XBL (Microsoft software support) itself were the three pros that outweighed my glaring con. Very excited to get an Xbox One, and get to gaming on it.

Anyone else in a similar boat, recently?

Dd you hit all the bullet points on the little chart in front of you?

Happy that you chose a product you felt that was good for you, but damn he's got a point your wording and writing style make it look like you're not the average person looking to buy a console.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#49darkphiresagePosted 8/1/2014 10:06:46 PM
...yeah. the new user status, the..."stiffness" of the post, the ad taglines. Not gonna lie and say it doesn't come off less like a gamer and more like a scripted MS rep, but I'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Kudos TC, and enjoy your step into the next gen.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#50NinjaPirateDoodPosted 8/1/2014 10:18:29 PM
brr...shilly in here.
---
"And remember! Beware the battle cattle, but do not fear the battle cattle!"
Vita is love. Vita is life. Srs.