I'm enjoying Crimson Dragon despite all of its flaws...

#21mattglosbcfcPosted 8/1/2014 4:51:22 PM(edited)
I never said any gta game was a 10. Thats my point.
GTAIV imo was the weakest in the series. Yet every american reviewer was giving it 10/10. Why?? They either got sucked into the hype (unprofessional) or got desperate for any good game coming out (unprofessional) or were bunged.
The best gta game there is is San Andreas. Though at least GTAV came close. Yet on metacritic even that is better then Red Dead Redemption which is wrong.

But I will enjoy Guacamelee thanks, as its an awesome game. Its a shame you dont enjoy good games.
#22ProfanaTPosted 8/2/2014 10:11:24 AM
WhiteAngel50 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
WhiteAngel50 posted...
I'm just gonna come out and say it: crimson dragon ****in sucks. Period.

Like what OP said, the gameplay and story are meh.

It's better than the crap we've been getting, which isn't saying much.

Dude max the curse of brotherhood was really good and so was that gualmele game. Crimson dragon sucks compared to them

Max COB was great! Simple gameplay, looked great, and had some fun puzzles overall. I haven't played Guacamelee, but I've heard nothing but good from my friends.

Crimson Dragon is ****! The camera sucks. Dodging enemy attacks is more or less guessing and hoping you don't get hit as the screen is almost always covered in enemies. The game itself looks like a late release on the Original Xbox (I kept having flashbacks to Phantom Dust with the little hologram people debriefing me after the missions). Trying to gauge where to put your dragon to collect beacons... also guesswork. Oh and when you have to kill the thing that constantly spawns enemies, yet all your attack have homing abilities and just swarm to the things cluttering your view, so you end up just shooting them instead of the objective. The missions are almost identical to one another -shoot these, collect beacons, RARE ENEMY! but don't worry about that, we'll just not point your dragon in the direction it needs to go. No, Crimson Dragon is absolute **** and infuriating in how clunky it feels, how terrible the camera is, and how awful it looks... The ONLY reason I am even bothering with trying to complete it is because 90% of the achievements are fail proof and given enough time, my 6yo niece could earn them.
---
GT: Foosay
Yeah, that sounds like something I would say.
#23spacejamjordanzPosted 8/2/2014 10:17:51 AM
Everyone that says the don't like the game are lucky you didn't spend any money on it like me.

Max > Crimson Dragon
Max > Strike Suit Zero

Guacameele > All GWG games.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#24WhiteAngel50Posted 8/2/2014 10:26:58 AM
spacejamjordanz posted...
Everyone that says the don't like the game are lucky you didn't spend any money on it like me.

Max > Crimson Dragon
Max > Strike Suit Zero

Guacameele > All GWG games.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138

This.
---
Xbox GT: Whiteangel50
#25WhiteAngel50Posted 8/2/2014 10:27:09 AM
ProfanaT posted...
WhiteAngel50 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
WhiteAngel50 posted...
I'm just gonna come out and say it: crimson dragon ****in sucks. Period.

Like what OP said, the gameplay and story are meh.

It's better than the crap we've been getting, which isn't saying much.

Dude max the curse of brotherhood was really good and so was that gualmele game. Crimson dragon sucks compared to them

Max COB was great! Simple gameplay, looked great, and had some fun puzzles overall. I haven't played Guacamelee, but I've heard nothing but good from my friends.

Crimson Dragon is ****! The camera sucks. Dodging enemy attacks is more or less guessing and hoping you don't get hit as the screen is almost always covered in enemies. The game itself looks like a late release on the Original Xbox (I kept having flashbacks to Phantom Dust with the little hologram people debriefing me after the missions). Trying to gauge where to put your dragon to collect beacons... also guesswork. Oh and when you have to kill the thing that constantly spawns enemies, yet all your attack have homing abilities and just swarm to the things cluttering your view, so you end up just shooting them instead of the objective. The missions are almost identical to one another -shoot these, collect beacons, RARE ENEMY! but don't worry about that, we'll just not point your dragon in the direction it needs to go. No, Crimson Dragon is absolute **** and infuriating in how clunky it feels, how terrible the camera is, and how awful it looks... The ONLY reason I am even bothering with trying to complete it is because 90% of the achievements are fail proof and given enough time, my 6yo niece could earn them.
---
GT: Foosay
Yeah, that sounds like something I would say.

And thid
---
Xbox GT: Whiteangel50