Can I use Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller on PS4?

#1razakyPosted 8/1/2014 6:56:05 PM
is there any way to use a xbox one or xbox 360 controller on ps4?

i want to get a ps4 but i don't like the dualshock 4 for FPS games.

also if it does work, is there like lag input delay? thanks.
#2p3r0x1d3Posted 8/1/2014 6:57:34 PM
they work fine but if the game uses touch screen input you are screwed, also how do you not like the ds4 for shooters?
#3Jedi454Posted 8/1/2014 6:58:54 PM
Yeah I agree bro, symmetrical sticks on a controller is like spending a day in a concentration camp.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#4razaky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 6:59:31 PM
p3r0x1d3 posted...
they work fine but if the game uses touch screen input you are screwed, also how do you not like the ds4 for shooters?

the left thumbstick placement on the ds4 is a strain on my hand. the xbox controller has the left thumbstick in the perfect position.

so in call of duty, the touchscreen is used to bring up the scoreboard. if i use xbox controller on ps4 that means i cant access the scoreboard right?
#5redeyes6778Posted 8/1/2014 6:59:35 PM
Isn't there 3rd party Ps4 controllers made to mimic the 360 controller design? there were those for the PS3
#6p3r0x1d3Posted 8/1/2014 7:01:08 PM
razaky posted...
p3r0x1d3 posted...

the left thumbstick placement on the ds4 is a strain on my hand. the xbox controller has the left thumbstick in the perfect position.

so in call of duty, the touchscreen is used to bring up the scoreboard. if i use xbox controller on ps4 that means i cant access the scoreboard right?

yes, basically you wont have a touchscreen button or ps button.
#7wavvvvesPosted 8/1/2014 7:02:26 PM
razaky posted...
p3r0x1d3 posted...

The ds4 is an umcomfortable, gimmicky piece of garbage. My brother squeezed it too hard and the side now sticks out like a razor. Sony never will learn how to make a controller so you aren't alone. I tried using that thumbstick thing that lets you use any controller but it doesn't work well with the os4 yet for some reason. Just give it a few months. (hopefully before bloodborne)
#8wavvvvesPosted 8/1/2014 7:03:44 PM
thumbdrive* not thumbstick. lawl
#9Auction SniperPosted 8/1/2014 8:08:01 PM
Controllermax - it will work but for games that require the touchpad you are out of luck..
---
"Sleep is for babies, gamers play all night!" - Thomas Falsetta
#10razaky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 8:08:51 PM
Auction Sniper posted...
Controllermax - it will work but for games that require the touchpad you are out of luck..

what about the ps button that you use to go home, close applications, etc? is there a button for that