Headset usage with pc?

#1Glenn The GreatPosted 8/1/2014 7:06:41 PM
I enjoy using the controller on my pc, but noticed that my pc doesn't recognize when I plug the microphone into the controller. I haven't been able to find any information on compatability between the two so I'm guessing the driver for it doesn't exist?
---
gt: Raknizzle
PSN: Tubascaba
#2crynryanPosted 8/1/2014 10:26:06 PM
Either the drivers on PC don't support the microphone like the 360 controller drivers did, or it was omitted because they didn't want people using it for some reason.

The more likely reason I think is that the controller uses a lot of different techniques and such so it would take extra software running in the background of your computer to push the audio to your controller. That software either isn't in the making or hasn't released yet.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3squidney2k1Posted 8/1/2014 10:48:03 PM
There is no driver support for the included mic. However, the drivers are still new, so perhaps they'll be updated in the future to support the mic, just like the 360 controller drivers.

...but you shouldn't use that crappy headset on a PC anyways. Buy a good gaming headset and you can use it on PC, Xbox, and Playstation. If you're on a budget, but a cheap USB headset for $15.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
>o_o\> AMENO >o_o\>