When the XB1 is in standby and you just want to eject the disk...

#1Orange_ApplesPosted 8/1/2014 7:40:43 PM
Does it turn the whole console on or does it spit the disk out and go back into standby?

One thing that is annoying me about both WiiU and PS4 is that when I just want to take the disk out it boots up the whole system and then I have to go through the shut down process. I was wondering if all 3 consoles did this. Just ejecting the disk was one of the many things I appreciated about the Wii. Just because I press a button on the console doesn't mean I want to play a game, sometimes I just want my disk to be not in the console.
---
Nintendo has some awesome games and a bunch of top notch third party exclusives. Too bad Nintendo doesn't have cool games or third party support.
-The Internet
#2miethaPosted 8/1/2014 7:44:31 PM
I BELIEVE it just ejects the disc, but I can't remember for sure.
#3Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 7:55:13 PM
I was hoping someone could just test it :(
---
Nintendo has some awesome games and a bunch of top notch third party exclusives. Too bad Nintendo doesn't have cool games or third party support.
-The Internet
#4stehvPosted 8/1/2014 7:58:05 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
I was hoping someone could just test it :(

why don't... ya know... you test it?
---
gamertag: crim cram
PSN: vibracaust
#5Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 8:01:14 PM
I don't have an Xbox One.

If I did there are a lot of things I would test like running the system vertically. I'd like to know that, but I'm not going to ask someone to do that because Microsoft says to do it at your own risk.
---
-The Internet
#6miethaPosted 8/1/2014 8:06:33 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
I don't have an Xbox One.

If I did there are a lot of things I would test like running the system vertically. I'd like to know that, but I'm not going to ask someone to do that because Microsoft says to do it at your own risk.

I would STRONGLY suggest not running it vertically. I'll go test the eject in a sec.
#7Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/1/2014 8:11:46 PM
I just tested it, and pressing the eject disc button turns the whole console on.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#8Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/1/2014 8:12:42 PM
Oh, and do NOT use the system vertically. The Xbox One isn't built for that.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#9Orange_Apples(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 8:29:29 PM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
I just tested it, and pressing the eject disc button turns the whole console on.

*sigh* so one of the features I really wanted has been lost... Sometimes I just want my disk ;_;

oh well. Mark that one as a drawback for all 3 consoles... How did the 360 and PS3 handle that? My PS3 is boxed up and I don't have a 360 anymore. as far as I know only the Wii had that function...

Cows Go Hisssss posted...
Oh, and do NOT use the system vertically. The Xbox One isn't built for that.

So what happens exactly? What is on the 2 sides? right side is a vent and left side is USB and controller sync button... It could be okay if it sits on some sort of rack so the sync button isn't pressed and it redirects the USB port... Does the disk drive drop the disk or something?
---
-The Internet