wil xbox eventually win in north america?

#21slyman19Posted 8/1/2014 10:27:43 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
slyman19 posted...
I bet the same people saying there is no chance are the same people that thought the PS3 would be the number one console last gen.

I bet the same people saying there's a chance, probably don't realize that 360 is in third place.

Irrelevant to what I said. Think next time.
#22Shadowfxd2Posted 8/1/2014 10:33:37 PM
slyman19 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
slyman19 posted...
I bet the same people saying there is no chance are the same people that thought the PS3 would be the number one console last gen.

I bet the same people saying there's a chance, probably don't realize that 360 is in third place.

it's very relevant, read the title... I'll wait.
#23typicalrikPosted 8/1/2014 10:33:50 PM
leelee3105 posted...
Well since Sony already said themselves this is their last console the winner of this gen is kind of irrelevant

Link? Lol. You are making things up
#24slyman19Posted 8/1/2014 10:36:08 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
slyman19 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
slyman19 posted...

it's very relevant, read the title... I'll wait.

Think next time.
#25leelee3105Posted 8/1/2014 10:37:27 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
slyman19 posted...

Consoles sold is such a narrow minded way to look at the console war. When you look at money made 360 and ONE are so far in first it's hilarious
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#26SigmaLongshotPosted 8/1/2014 10:37:57 PM
Honestly? I think it's overly optimistic to think that the Xbox One can sell more consoles than the PS4 in North America, or most territories for that matter.

In terms of business though, both the Xbox One and the PS4 have already been resounding successes. Dress it up any way you like through bias or slander, but the reality is both consoles have smashed early sales projections for their respective companies (with Sony's machine even saving their entire electronics division for the quarter). You can't say that's to be sniffed-at.

Across both consoles' lifespans you can expect that the sales will continue to grow exponentially with spikes in sales when large titles are released. Microsoft will most definitely see a boost of perhaps 1-2.5 million units with the release of the Halo titles (if projections stay in line with Halo 2, 3 and 4's console-shifting power), but Halo is one of the few titles that can command that kind of selling power for a system.

Who will win? In terms of overall sales, I'd give it to Sony, but in terms of business - Microsoft will see a nice earner, and Sony can thank their lucky stars the PS4 didn't only save an entire division, but it gave it an actual boost.

In terms of the real winners? US. All of us who embraced all the consoles, boosting the industry and enjoying the entire gamut of titles available.

---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#27InterzoneMantraPosted 8/1/2014 10:44:27 PM
I honestly don't see it happening. I think every once in a while the x1 will pull off Victory in the npd because of a big game or something.Then again the kinnectless x1, titanfall, even giving away a free games with a year worth of live didn't help. The only logical choice is to sell the console at a cheaper price than the ps4, but by the time they're ready to cut the price again Sony will cut the ps4 price too.
#28CaanimalPosted 8/1/2014 10:53:25 PM
Only way the Xbone will win will be if Sony stops making PS4's...
#29Unbridled9Posted 8/1/2014 10:54:30 PM
It's way too early to tell in any way, shape, or form.
---
The enemy of knowledge is ignorance, not religion.
#30slyman19Posted 8/1/2014 10:55:52 PM
Caanimal posted...
Only way the Xbone will win will be if Sony stops making PS4's...

Which is a good possibility if they don't turn their finances around.