EA Access - Streaming or Downloaded

#1XboxDruggiePosted 8/1/2014 10:05:13 PM
Being that I'm extremely interested in this service; which, seems like one of the best gaming services that's going to be offered!

My ultimate question is when access the vault, will the games completely download and be playable as long as the service is paid for OR do they plan on streaming them?

This alone will make or break my decision to the EA Access…
---
XBL NocturnalFreak
Too weird to live, Too rare to die!
#2lunaticcorePosted 8/1/2014 10:10:49 PM
They are downloaded.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#3TOhasNoRingPosted 8/1/2014 10:10:51 PM
You download the games.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#4NotCeoPosted 8/1/2014 10:40:09 PM
XboxDruggie posted...
Being that I'm extremely interested in this service; which, seems like one of the best gaming services that's going to be offered!

My ultimate question is when access the vault, will the games completely download and be playable as long as the service is paid for OR do they plan on streaming them?

This alone will make or break my decision to the EA Access…

Those are two different things. They could have them on limited licenses, meaning that if they remove a game from the vault, you lose access. That seems unlikely given how MS and Sony are handling their games, but you never know. The EA Access ToS actually says that
(3) access to a limited library of certain EA Content (“Vault Title(s)”) for unlimited online play (“Vault Access”) for the duration of their availability in the Vault.