Why has there not been a legit new Banjo or Battletoads?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why has there not been a legit new Banjo or Battletoads?
11 months ago#1
I don't personally care anymore as I've written of Xbox One, but I just don't understand the absence of new games in both series. Both Banjo and Battletoads names still carry weight, and both series belong to underepresented genres on all 3 Xbox consoles.

There's barely any 3D platformers on Xbox consoles, yet Banjo is just dying for a brand new game. It would satisfy a market that Microsoft hasn't satisfied already, it's a no brainer "appeal to all ages" game, a style of game that Nintendo has locked up & Microsoft & Sony haven't even attempted to cater to.

Battletoads could be the premiere retail co-op beat em up, with a sense of humor, a difficulty level, and a level of violence that Microsoft's core audience would love. I'm especially baffled that Super Battletoads hasn't been ported to any of the Xbox consoles, arguably the best Battletoads so far is an arcade exclusive to this day.

Two obvious examples of willfully ignored opportunities at plugging one of Microsoft's big weaknesses, genre variety. Xbox doesn't need more shooters, sports games, or racing games, those audiences are all well attended to.
---
My collection, http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/GREEN00/games/owned?platform=0
11 months ago#2
Why has there never been a second Strife (1996)?!
11 months ago#3
A lot of old franchises have been thrown under the bus, in favor of the newer franchises that are appeal more to younger generations.
11 months ago#4
userfrigginame posted...
A lot of old franchises have been thrown under the bus, in favor of the newer franchises that are appeal more to younger generations.

I thought people wanted new instead of sequels?
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
11 months ago#5
SunDevil77 posted...
userfrigginame posted...

I thought people wanted new instead of sequels?

We want NEW sequels!!! Derp.
---
Always O.G.
11 months ago#6
Oh and the Banjo and Battletoads games are coming. Just wait.

Source? A huge guess from my butt.
---
Always O.G.
11 months ago#7
Wonder why they have battle toads skins in kinect rivals
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why has there not been a legit new Banjo or Battletoads?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived