What are your views on the gaming industry and community today?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What are your views on the gaming industry and community today?
11 months ago#11
regsantotomas posted...
Gaming forums are fortunately not necessarily indicative of the larger gaming community. Besides, most of the people I game with are people I know in real life. Even when I play with randoms occasionally, my experience is usually a positive one.

I have been gaming a relatively long time. I've been playing since putting money into my first arcade machine in the late 70s. I don't lament about how it "used to be" or "how it should be".

The industry has moved from a fad to mainstream entertainment media.

I think that many people who complain have lost sight of the fact that there are more games available today than ever at nearly every price point. Yes, the industry isn't always going to go the particular way you want.

At the same time, there are avenues to provide feedback outside of just throwing fits on random forums.

I choose to invest and support games and solutions that matter to me and let the free market do its thing. It has, for the most part, worked out for me.

I plan to continue gaming for a long time.

It is still one of the best entertainment value. It is better and cheaper than it has ever been.

It's kinda like Sushi, before everyone was eating it, there weren't nearly as many places to get it, but generally it was good quality stuff. Now you can buy it at the grocery store and other inappropriate places. Is it as good? Hell no. Now decent sushi costs too much and everyone buys the crap in the grocery stores or mall kiosks.
---
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
11 months ago#12
I'm torn. The community where I live and the community I associate with are all mostly like me, old school gamers who grew up with the community done right. You loved a good game no matter the system, sales, res, or framerate. The online newer community, however, are a bunch of spoiled whiners. "Oh its not in 1080 :_(" "ps4 sales are more than xbone, and the graphics are SLIGHTLY better, suck it MS fans." You know the drill.
11 months ago#13
a bunch of post-millennial whiney children
---
Gamertag: DarkGremio PSN: Theril
Friend Code: 0791 - 2030 - 5458
11 months ago#14
pnut3844 posted...
I'm torn. The community where I live and the community I associate with are all mostly like me, old school gamers who grew up with the community done right. You loved a good game no matter the system, sales, res, or framerate. The online newer community, however, are a bunch of spoiled whiners. "Oh its not in 1080 :_(" "ps4 sales are more than xbone, and the graphics are SLIGHTLY better, suck it MS fans." You know the drill.

Based on your posting history, you're no better. Whether you're reacting to a perceived personal attack or not, your demeanour has been less than stellar. Also your post would be less biased sounding if you made it more generic like fans of A are bashing fans of B. Believe it or not, this crap happens to every fanbase to some degree, don't make yourself into a victim.
---
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
11 months ago#15
Spetsnaz420 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

Based on your posting history, you're no better. Whether you're reacting to a perceived personal attack or not, your demeanour has been less than stellar. Also your post would be less biased sounding if you made it more generic like fans of A are bashing fans of B. Believe it or not, this crap happens to every fanbase to some degree, don't make yourself into a victim.

And blocked.
11 months ago#16
It can be solved with simple math

Let's say you have 5 games, and 5 separate "gamers" are playing them,
Take away 2 of those games, bringing us to 3 games
Now let's add roughly 3 games, and we're up to 6 games
Let's take that 6 and add whoa say 2 games, and you have a total of 8 games now
---
Come visit the Xbox 360 board, but don't leave until you've received a stern lecture about life by one of our miserable regulars. They're here to help you 24/7.
11 months ago#17
Its the same as always, except more mainstream than ever. Everyone the age 25 and under plays video games excessively. Even people that are the opposite of nerds. Its not just a nerd hobby anymore. Its now a hobby equivalent to watching television or watching movies, or anything else. If someone doesn't play video games, they're weird.
---
hey foo
hey foo
11 months ago#18
-Future of PC/Consoles- PC Is dying. There are few if any major releases coming only to PC. The console market will shrink in japan and grow everywhere else and be expanded in new countries. This generation will be far closer between top and second selling systems. In the end I think PS4 will not be as good as PS3 was and Xbox one will be better than xbox 360 was and the wii u will be better than the wii in terms of game library. Portable market will shrink and Nintendo will be the only portable gaming machine maker as vita will be discontinued in north america next year.
---
Sega Fan for Life
11 months ago#19
DLC - Don't really have a problem with it. On the dev side, games are more expensive to make than ever before and on the consumer side they're cheaper than ever before (counting inflation). DLC is their way of covering that discrepancy. I want them to make enough money to keep making the games I love so I don't mind shelling out a little extra for the devs I like. Plus it can rekindle interest for a game I had already forgotten about.

HD Remasters - Pretty much the same deal as DLC. But it has the added benefit of (usually) releasing most the titles in a series with all the extra a good price which is great for people who never to play that series. Which is the boat I'm in with Halo MCC.

Community - General gaming communities like this one are almost universally awful. Game specific communities are almost universally awesome. The people on game specific forums are usually pretty like-minded and trolls are pretty minimal.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
11 months ago#20
gaming community is same as always, mostly stick to same popular games, rarely trying out other games even if they are good.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What are your views on the gaming industry and community today?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived