Upgrading From 26in 720 ---> 50in 1080p T.V.

#21N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 8/2/2014 8:37:14 PM
Darkness3389 posted...
I sit pretty close to my T.V. now like about 3-4 feet away. Laying on my bed I'm about 5 feet away.

Lives with parents: Confirmed.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#22a687947Posted 8/2/2014 8:59:50 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
It depends on how far away from the TV you sit... If it's the same distance you'll notice... But only a handful of X1 games are in 1080p so far

The is a lie, the majority are 1080p
#23Chyld989Posted 8/2/2014 10:14:11 PM
quincy2000a posted...
Chyld989 posted...
Killah Priest posted...
50 inches you want to be about 5 feet away from no more than 7ish feet tops, regardless of what anyone else in this topic tells you.

Actually at 50 inches you should be 8 to 10 feet away, regardless of what anyone else in this topic tells you.

http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-entertainment/home-theater/hdtv-set-up/

http://www.electronichouse.com/article/comfort_angle_seating_distance/D2

Home theater design consultants generally calculate seating distance by multiplying 1.5 or 2.5x the diagonal dimension of your display. For example, a 50-in. display (50 x 2 = 100) should be kept 8 feet from the seating.
#24tadmfpolePosted 8/3/2014 4:19:21 AM
Darkness3389 posted...
Well god damn bad luck. The T.V. came and the screen was cracked at the bottom where the logo is.

That sucks ass, sorry to hear. I bought a 60" Samsung almost a year ago that was not lit correctly right out of the box, the bottom half of the screen was very visibly darker than the top half. I had to wait a few days and live with it which was eating me alive because I don't own a truck so I had to borrow someone's vehicle again to take the sonofa***** back and haul another one back home. I was so pissed about the whole thing I got a completely different model instead of just exchanging. Still wound up with a Samsung, but a different size and model.

Hope everything works out for you, I am sure who ever is at fault for the crack will make a timely exchange once you get the ball rolling.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#25Chyld989Posted 8/3/2014 10:34:24 AM
Darkness3389 posted...
Well god damn bad luck. The T.V. came and the screen was cracked at the bottom where the logo is.

That does suck. I've never had a visual issue with a TV before, but before I got my current one I had a TV that occasionally the audio would go out. Returned it to Best Buy and got another of the same model, same issue. Turns out it was an issue with that model. Went back to the store without the TV and had them upgrade me to a Samsung that was on sale, and just ship it straight to my place (and pick up the old TV at the same time). No problems since then. Was very frustrating, though.
#26quincy2000aPosted 8/3/2014 11:36:35 AM
Chyld989 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Chyld989 posted...
Killah Priest posted...
50 inches you want to be about 5 feet away from no more than 7ish feet tops, regardless of what anyone else in this topic tells you.

Actually at 50 inches you should be 8 to 10 feet away, regardless of what anyone else in this topic tells you.

http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-entertainment/home-theater/hdtv-set-up/

http://www.electronichouse.com/article/comfort_angle_seating_distance/D2

Home theater design consultants generally calculate seating distance by multiplying 1.5 or 2.5x the diagonal dimension of your display. For example, a 50-in. display (50 x 2 = 100) should be kept 8 feet from the seating.

Yeah, I acknowledged in my very first post above that there were different sources with different numbers.

Bottom line, I say sit your behind down and find the distance that you feel most comfortable with.

But, I must admit that THX's suggestion, based on their reputation and expertise, validated my choice in my eyes.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#27Darkness3389(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 11:37:33 AM
Thanks guys...the seller is taking the T.V. back and paying for shipping and they are shipping me a new T.V. so hopefully this one turns up undamaged. Buying things online hundreds of times this is the very very first time that something turned up damage and it had to be on something expensive as a T.V. Just wondering does anyone have experience using return shipping pickup via FedEx. FedEx offices are closed right now so I can't contact them. When I try to schedule a pickup it tells me to enter the Tracking ID which is different then Tracking Number and when I enter it tells me invalid ID. I'm wondering if it take 24 hours for FedEx to update their systems.
---
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic
#28importvitaPosted 8/3/2014 12:47:45 PM
Hell yeah they'll be a huge difference! Not just in size but in resolution and overall clarity.
---
GameFAQs Mods...lol