---
Gamertag: Alehappy
11 months ago#13
A handheld Pac man.
---
GT-Pandemic Jester PSN- Tsukuyomi333
Antec 900|i7 2600K|HD 6950 2GB|8GB DDR3|Antec Neo 650W|1TB HDD + 320GB HDD
11 months ago#14
Dragonfire, Demon Attack, Adventure and Riddle of the Sphinx for the Atari 2600. Those four more than anything else on the Atari were not just games I enjoyed and obsessed over, but games that made me imagine and dream about what games could one day become. I imagined sometimes avoiding enemies rather than fighting them, I imagined vast landscapes and epic adventures to explore, I imagined what demons and dragons and the like could look like as power increased and fidelity rose.

I'm still unsure if I would be wowed if I saw games today back then, or if I'd be disappointed. Once Myst and the FMV fad started, I was pretty much ready for all games to look as good as movies and TV, which tbh they still don't despite the amazing things achieved. I don't know that as a kid I would appreciate the difference between canned animation and polygonal 3D with complex physics. Even now, I know stuff like LA Noire is very canned with the facial animations and I still loved it and feel a pang of disappointment at hand-animated expressions that took more effort and are more flexible, but less realistic.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GJYBL1e.jpg
^ NeoGAF mod and Microsoft "shill" perma-banner bishoptl, wearing a spiffing new hat from his sponsors at Sony
11 months ago#15
Ryse.
---
R.I.P TimeSplitters 4, R.I.P FreeRadical, 21st December 2008.
XBL Gamertag: Catalytic Flash
11 months ago#16
I always played games growing up. Jak and Daxter, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Battle for Bikini Bottom, but I didn't get addicted to gaming and games until I played Skyrim. Before that I would only get 1 or 2 games a year but now I get at least 15-20 games a year not counting digital downloads. Skyrim really lit a fire for my gaming and opened me up to other games like Fallout 3.
11 months ago#17
Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
11 months ago#18
Thr first Mortal Kombat in the arcade. Had played games before that, but more as something to do for a few minutes
---
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
11 months ago#19
Spyro the dragon
---
What can you make of life? Without a lot of luck, nothing. And so, we despair, knowing that in the end, no one's there.
11 months ago#20
Tecmo bowl.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What game turned you into a gamer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived