What game turned you into a gamer?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What game turned you into a gamer?
1 year ago#61
been a gamer since i played pong when it was originally in the arcade eons ago :)
1 year ago#62
scoobydoobydont posted...
Dragonfire, Demon Attack, Adventure and Riddle of the Sphinx for the Atari 2600. Those four more than anything else on the Atari were not just games I enjoyed and obsessed over, but games that made me imagine and dream about what games could one day become. I imagined sometimes avoiding enemies rather than fighting them, I imagined vast landscapes and epic adventures to explore, I imagined what demons and dragons and the like could look like as power increased and fidelity rose.

I'm still unsure if I would be wowed if I saw games today back then, or if I'd be disappointed. Once Myst and the FMV fad started, I was pretty much ready for all games to look as good as movies and TV, which tbh they still don't despite the amazing things achieved. I don't know that as a kid I would appreciate the difference between canned animation and polygonal 3D with complex physics. Even now, I know stuff like LA Noire is very canned with the facial animations and I still loved it and feel a pang of disappointment at hand-animated expressions that took more effort and are more flexible, but less realistic.

imagic made GREAT atari 2600 games :) great post
1 year ago#63
I have been a gamer before I could even remember.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
1 year ago#64
I played vid games my entire life up until about 11th grade. Then i didnt play yhem much for the longest time, probably 7-8 years. Then GoldeneyeWii came out and I weny and bought a Wii and the gamel played it like mad for an entire year. Got me hooked on playing competative online MP.
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
NNID - YELARAKA
1 year ago#65
pong
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
1 year ago#66
Galaga, on the arcade.
---
PSN: Varkarsh
Metroid fan all the way.
1 year ago#67
Sonic the hedgehog
---
-Persona 5 is coming out...could life get any better?-
1 year ago#68
Hard to say. Earliest memories include frogger, jungle hunt & pacman. Then of course the crappy pong arcade the local grocery store had.
1 year ago#69
Pacman at atari, about 20 years ago or so. That atari given by my uncle.
1 year ago#70
First game I remember "bashing" was Pokemon Red
---
FC:0173-1319-9821 ~ Water Gym Leader ~ youtube.com/ilivetoflyxD
+&- and 3G3 Founder ~ Orphanage ~ http://goo.gl/5z60ym
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What game turned you into a gamer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived