What is an Exclusive?

#1GladiatorDangerPosted 8/2/2014 8:38:41 AM
Apparently Titanfall is an Exclusive where as No Man's Sky is not, what exactly is the definition being used to define exclusive here?
#2uniquebadgerPosted 8/2/2014 8:45:25 AM
I think at this point people are just deciding loosely what they consider exclusives based off their fanboyisms. Personally i consider a game exclusive if it is on one console and not cross gen. I don't consider Titanfall an exclusive because it is available on the 360 and X1. Which is also why i feel it was dumb of trolls to exclaim it was gonna be a console seller when it gave no reason to upgrade from the 360.
#3zerooo0Posted 8/2/2014 8:50:04 AM
Console Exclusive

Timed Exclusive

PC/Console exclusive

All pretty self explanatory. As of right now No Man Sky is a PC/Console exclusive just like Titanfall is. How hard is that to understand?
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#4PannerPosted 8/2/2014 8:52:41 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Console Exclusive

Timed Exclusive

PC/Console exclusive

All pretty self explanatory. As of right now No Man Sky is a PC/Console exclusive just like Titanfall is. How hard is that to understand?

But it's not console exclusive as it's on the X1 and 360.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3
#5schmarkenheimerPosted 8/2/2014 8:53:37 AM
An exclusive game is a game that is only available on one platform. If you try to qualify it as something else (i.e. console exclusive - Planetside 2 on PS4/ MS exclusive - Titanfall) then you're a fool as you take away the whole exclusive nature of an exclusive.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#6ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/2/2014 9:06:06 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
An exclusive game is a game that is only available on one platform. If you try to qualify it as something else (i.e. console exclusive - Planetside 2 on PS4/ MS exclusive - Titanfall) then you're a fool as you take away the whole exclusive nature of an exclusive.

This. If I want to play Mario Kart 8 I have to buy a WiiU. If I want to play Killer Instinct I have to buy a Xbox One. If I want to play Infamous Second Son I have to buy a PS4. So games like Titanfall, DR3, No mans sky, even the new super smash bros aren't exclusives.
---
Valar morghulis
#7StarmanAnthonyPosted 8/2/2014 9:08:11 AM
Dead rising 3 isn't exclusive?
---
Instagram: tonappa
#8AzaneAzerPosted 8/2/2014 9:12:23 AM(edited)
Exclusive = "I WANT TO WIN AN ARGUMENT"
a lot of people don't consider pc a platform for exclusive talk, and then they dont consider last gen as exclusive.

StarmanAnthony posted...

Nope, Its an Xbox One or PC Game, It's going to be on more than 1 platform, so it wasnt exclusive, the moment they announced the PC version.

Thanks to modding, and higher end hardware, the PC Version will be the definitive edition.
#9PannerPosted 8/2/2014 9:11:27 AM
StarmanAnthony posted...

No, It's now coming to PC.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3
#10Reel_Big_MikePosted 8/2/2014 9:37:17 AM
People are way too specific with the term exclusive. I think the term should be applied more broadly, to the companies themselves. If only one corporation is getting the content, then it's still exclusive even if it's spread across many of that same companies devices. The way I see it, these are the main kinds of exclusives:

- Sony Exclusives - Anything released solely on any combination of Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and/or Playstation Vita

- Microsoft Exclusives - Anything released solely on any combination of Xbox 360, Xbox One, and/or Windows OS

- Nintendo Exclusives - Anything released solely on any combination of Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Wii U, and/or Nintendo DS/3DS

- PC Exclusives - Anything released solely on any combination of Windows, Linux, and/or Mac
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.