Your first Xbox "Whoa" moment - LET'S SHARE 'EM!

#11ProfanaTPosted 8/2/2014 10:18:06 AM(edited)
[Edit]:
Okay, on the Xbox One:
I did an awesome thing in BF4, I told my One to "record that!" I then went to the Home screen, opened the Upload app, watched what I just did all replay style, then went back into the very MP match I was in BF4 and kept playing without missing a beat.

Original Xbox:
I'd say Phantom Dust... I played it for 15min at a friends house. That weekend went into Gamestop and said, "I'm looking for a fighting game, but.... different?" The guy walks to the back of the store, and comes back with a copy and says, "this it?" I bought that brand new for $7 and it is easily one of my most favorite games of all time. summoning abilities and weapons, semi-destructible environments, crazy story... that game was awesome!

Halo: CE Blood Gulch Deathmatch would come in a close second...
---
GT: Foosay
Yeah, that sounds like something I would say.
#12richboy900Posted 8/2/2014 10:13:21 AM
@ Zerooo0... If you have Xbox one, you should get dead rising. You probably pick it up for cheap now.
#13spacejamjordanzPosted 8/2/2014 10:15:14 AM
Gears of War...the Lancer....

bzzzzzzzzzzzz

.. so much blood on the screen
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#14zerooo0Posted 8/2/2014 10:15:58 AM
richboy900 posted...
@ Zerooo0... If you have Xbox one, you should get dead rising. You probably pick it up for cheap now.

I regret missing the chance in the sale. I am going to get a new controller, and then pick up DR3.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#15SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 10:50:00 AM
lunaticcore posted...
Honestly I bought my Xbox to complete the collection. I had got a Gamecube and a ton of games like a month before and I had a nice little game center set up and money to blow so I went ahead and got an Xbox for the hell of it.

My first wow moment was unboxing it and feeling how heavy and quality the wires felt. The original Xbox just felt expensive, specially compared to the super light Gamecube with its super short controller cords.

Honestly, this is something I never thought about until now. I agree with that. The spindly, rubbishy thin RGBs etc that came with the other consoles at the time always seemed so frail, and the Gamecube's controllers (as gorgeously-designed as they are) had a cable as long as my... er... torso. Which isn't that long as I'm only 5'7.

No, but I agree. Xbox as a console - the machine itself - has real heft. It's like BOOM. IN THE ROOM.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#16Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/2/2014 10:52:12 AM
My first Xbox whoa moment was when I installed Dead Rising 3, I was like whoa and a few more things while I waited for what felt like an eternity
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#17A2k3FestPosted 8/2/2014 11:11:43 AM
Getting into my first BF4 conquest large map on Shanghai :D

Seeing the skyscraper fall in full HD.. having a target rich environment. . Whoaaa hahah
---
"Where's your hand?","Between two pillows...?","Those arEN'T TWO PILLOWWWSSSSSS"
XBL GT- MxA TripleX
#18Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/2/2014 11:12:50 AM
A2k3Fest posted...

Seeing the skyscraper fall in full HD.. having a target rich environment. . Whoaaa hahah

You mean sub hd.

Neither version of BF4 on the current gen systems actually rendered at full HD
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#19SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 11:14:02 AM
A2k3Fest posted...

I can agree with this one, I was right below it at the time and literally froze. It was like, "Yep, Fight or Flight be screwed, this is cool."
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#20richboy900Posted 8/2/2014 11:18:50 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
A2k3Fest posted...

You mean sub hd.

Neither version of BF4 on the current gen systems actually rendered at full HD

NVIDIA. The way it's meant to be played.