Wow, according to the Poll of the Day, hardly anyone owns/wants an Xbox One.

#101Laylow12Posted 8/3/2014 8:37:13 AM
I gave it a week and then returned it to Amazon. It's a step back in everyday from the 360 except for graphics which are I found are relatively the same. I found it to be the biggest disappointment console-wise in history. The sales numbers indicate I'm right.

Here is the 360 and XBOX ONE with the same scene in the same game.

http://minus.com/lBKehHpgg8Yym

I don't see a reason to shell out $400+ for that.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#102metaldiggle2Posted 8/3/2014 8:40:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#103dnmtPosted 8/3/2014 8:57:46 AM
Laylow12 posted...
I gave it a week and then returned it to Amazon. It's a step back in everyday from the 360 except for graphics which are I found are relatively the same. I found it to be the biggest disappointment console-wise in history. The sales numbers indicate I'm right.

Hahahaha that image, damn.
#104josh924Posted 8/3/2014 10:08:21 AM
Laylow12 posted...

You might as well be comparing Knack on the PS4 to The Last of Us on the PS3. Besides, none of the cross-gen games have been graphically impressive so far, so its stupid to use a cross-gen game as any kind of bar for any console's graphics.
---
Only an idiot would regularly post on a board that is dedicated to a console that they don't plan on owning.
#105blitz_0623Posted 8/3/2014 10:31:27 AM
I see the mods are out in full force in this thread
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#106dnmtPosted 8/3/2014 10:31:31 AM
josh924 posted...
Laylow12 posted...

You might as well be comparing Knack on the PS4 to The Last of Us on the PS3. Besides, none of the cross-gen games have been graphically impressive so far, so its stupid to use a cross-gen game as any kind of bar for any console's graphics.

MGSV actually looks amazing on PS4. And the PS4 version of BF4 looks almost as good as the PC version.
#107SigmaLongshotPosted 8/3/2014 10:43:25 AM
blitz_0623 posted...

The process appears almost agonizingly selective. For example, all of my topics based around game genre chat, discussions about taking Xbox games and giving them new genres entirely (for example, a Gears of War strategy game, etc) were removed instantly for being "off-topic", but having a twelve-page slandering session on the console's native board about the console itself, yeah - that's completely fine.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#108Jay6879Posted 8/3/2014 10:54:14 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

The process appears almost agonizingly selective. For example, all of my topics based around game genre chat, discussions about taking Xbox games and giving them new genres entirely (for example, a Gears of War strategy game, etc) were removed instantly for being "off-topic", but having a twelve-page slandering session on the console's native board about the console itself, yeah - that's completely fine.

SLANDER -- to make a false spoken statement that causes people to have a bad opinion of someone.

The majority of whats been said has not been false. What has been said is mostly true. I dont see what the problem is with having a thread like this on the nstive board. Using that logic i guess only threads containing only praise and dick riding is ok?
#109hotmj023Posted 8/3/2014 11:08:56 AM
This was the best poll of the day in a very, very long time. Time for people to wake up and smell the coffee
---
FF7 - 8.9
ff13 - 7.0 - Majority rules
#110SigmaLongshotPosted 8/3/2014 11:12:02 AM
Jay6879 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

SLANDER -- to make a false spoken statement that causes people to have a bad opinion of someone.

The majority of whats been said has not been false. What has been said is mostly true. I dont see what the problem is with having a thread like this on the nstive board. Using that logic i guess only threads containing only praise and dick riding is ok?

But even the items posted that aren't outright slander suffer from completely ignoring the following:

1) CONTEXT AND SETTING.
Remember, even if you downright hate something to the point where the mere mention of it's name makes you spit with ire, the most nonsensical action would be to go hang out in the place where that thing is highest in frequency or concentration. (See: Vegans hanging out at steak houses shouting "murderer" at steak-eaters)

2) POINTLESS REPETITION/ROTE OF COMMON INFORMATION, FLOODING
The process of posting the same negative stigma over and over again, whether or not it's true, in order to flush out any semblance of variation in the topics. What results is that we get pages and pages of the same negative point spun in a slightly different way, which continue into the annuls of history as the same set of negative posters continuously bump them with "yeah, I know!" and "wow, this is shocking" stock phrases.

3) GENERAL GOOD-NATURE AND COMMON SENSE
Just because it's the internet, doesn't make it cool to be a Saved By the Bell-tier schoolkid bully. Basic etiquette, even neutral or mutual respect, takes a far bigger, more mature person to maintain. You prove nothing but neanderthal instincts by resorting to poo-flinging, so why not just accept that other people like other things, and that you're both right in your own world/opinion?
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/