Wow, according to the Poll of the Day, hardly anyone owns/wants an Xbox One.

#111archibald3Posted 8/3/2014 11:23:22 AM
This is essentially an 11 page long thread of ps4 fans telling us why that console is so much better. This type of thread and topic would never be allowed to exist on the ps4 forum. If people would start complaining and reporting this kind of thing - posted by known trolls who just keep relentlessly taking shots maybe something would be done. Report it.
#112BarneyMillerPosted 8/3/2014 11:26:37 AM
archibald3 posted...
This is essentially an 11 page long thread of ps4 fans telling us why that console is so much better. This type of thread and topic would never be allowed to exist on the ps4 forum. If people would start complaining and reporting this kind of thing - posted by known trolls who just keep relentlessly taking shots maybe something would be done. Report it.

They get reported... Nothing gets done about it
#113SoulTrapperPosted 8/3/2014 11:43:12 AM
Laylow12 posted...
I gave it a week and then returned it to Amazon. It's a step back in everyday from the 360 except for graphics which are I found are relatively the same. I found it to be the biggest disappointment console-wise in history. The sales numbers indicate I'm right.

Here is the 360 and XBOX ONE with the same scene in the same game.

http://minus.com/lBKehHpgg8Yym

I don't see a reason to shell out $400+ for that.

That's a pretty painful comparison.

SigmaLongshot posted...

1) CONTEXT AND SETTING.
Remember, even if you downright hate something to the point where the mere mention of it's name makes you spit with ire, the most nonsensical action would be to go hang out in the place where that thing is highest in frequency or concentration. (See: Vegans hanging out at steak houses shouting "murderer" at steak-eaters)

2) POINTLESS REPETITION/ROTE OF COMMON INFORMATION, FLOODING
The process of posting the same negative stigma over and over again, whether or not it's true, in order to flush out any semblance of variation in the topics. What results is that we get pages and pages of the same negative point spun in a slightly different way, which continue into the annuls of history as the same set of negative posters continuously bump them with "yeah, I know!" and "wow, this is shocking" stock phrases.

3) GENERAL GOOD-NATURE AND COMMON SENSE
Just because it's the internet, doesn't make it cool to be a Saved By the Bell-tier schoolkid bully. Basic etiquette, even neutral or mutual respect, takes a far bigger, more mature person to maintain. You prove nothing but neanderthal instincts by resorting to poo-flinging, so why not just accept that other people like other things, and that you're both right in your own world/opinion?

1) CONTEXT AND SETTING.

You mean like sticking around in a topic that you clearly don't like/are emotionally incapable of dealing with/isn't directed at you?

2) POINTLESS REPETITION/ROTE OF COMMON INFORMATION, FLOODING

Like coming into these topics, which you know you don't like and posting the same stuff every time?

3) GENERAL GOOD-NATURE AND COMMON SENSE

You mean like staying out of topics which you know will have a discussion which you don't like and letting people who want to talk about said topic simply talk about it?
#114unclekoolaid73Posted 8/3/2014 11:44:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#115pnut3844Posted 8/3/2014 11:46:42 AM
hotmj023 posted...
This was the best poll of the day in a very, very long time. Time for people to wake up and smell the coffee

Lmao please tell me you don't take the poll seriously? First off, Sony fanboys make it a lopsided biased poll. Secondly, this forum only represents a tiny fraction of the gaming world. Even a profession study can be made to have the numbers say what they want. Get a clue.
---
A good game is a good game, regardless of system, res, framerate, and sales. Same goes for systems.
#116dnmtPosted 8/3/2014 11:49:33 AM
pnut3844 posted...
hotmj023 posted...
This was the best poll of the day in a very, very long time. Time for people to wake up and smell the coffee

Lmao please tell me you don't take the poll seriously? First off, Sony fanboys make it a lopsided biased poll. Secondly, this forum only represents a tiny fraction of the gaming world. Even a profession study can be made to have the numbers say what they want. Get a clue.

Is the 4 million lead in sales made up, too?
#117blitz_0623Posted 8/3/2014 11:53:27 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
I see the mods are out in full force in this thread

The process appears almost agonizingly selective. For example, all of my topics based around game genre chat, discussions about taking Xbox games and giving them new genres entirely (for example, a Gears of War strategy game, etc) were removed instantly for being "off-topic", but having a twelve-page slandering session on the console's native board about the console itself, yeah - that's completely fine.

The problem is the mods can spin the ToU in their favor, almost comparable to how fanboys spin arguments.

For example, a topic like this isn't off-topic because it talks about the Xbox One and how the PotD reveals that hardly anyone owns it exclusively. Doesn't matter what the posts inside are or who the posters are, the original topic intends to talk about the Xbox One and its weak selling power.

So "objectively" speaking, this topic can be legitimized if people actually talked about what the current situation is with the Xbox One. But instead the anti-trolls try to pre-empt the trolls and derail an "objective" topic by going off-topic and get modded whereas trolls would just back the topic by staying on-topic, and the mods can spin it and say "well they're discussing Xbox one stuff, doesn't matter if they're all negative".

The only real solution is the simplest one and the biggest time save. Just. Don't. Bother. If you know the mods aren't gonna do anything about it, why post then cry that they're biased? Unless you're a masochist.

In regards to your game topics, it goes back to my first statement. They can spin things and make them sound off-topic.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#118Styrof0amPosted 8/3/2014 11:54:46 AM
I know at least one (lead-) moderator frequents the PS4 board; Error1355. If he actually takes any reports from the mod queue regarding this board, I don't know.

Anyone dissatisfied with the level of moderation can always post about it in the Hellhole: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/573081-hellhole

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#119TheGam3925Posted 8/3/2014 11:59:07 AM
I suggest you all read the TOU. Perhaps then you will stop complaining about the mods, but I doubt it.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what PlayStation doesn't have lol.
#120Jay6879Posted 8/3/2014 12:04:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]