Wow, according to the Poll of the Day, hardly anyone owns/wants an Xbox One.

#81GRTooCoolPosted 8/2/2014 7:46:13 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
I'm not sure if it's about disliking the xbox one at this point.
It seems to be more about people either not caring for it or disliking what Microsoft tried to do.

Right now, after the 180s, there really is nothing wrong with the xbox one, outside of it being slightly weaker than the ps4 but sold at the same price.

We have a winner. You hit the nail on the head and most people seem to ignore this comment because they can't get their fanboy shades off.

I skipped the PS3 because when their console came out, their asking price 500-600 was extremely insulting. I got a 360 instead, and despite two RRoDs, I still enjoyed it immensely.

Fast forward to E3 2013. What Microsoft tried to do was absolutely disgusting and thus why many people did not want to support it and have made/will make the switch to the PS4. Sure, Microsoft did a 180 on practically everything, but after the crap they pulled... I'm honestly still not convinced that they won't 180 all their 180s.

Fact is, there are people who have forgiven Microsoft with the 180s and have bought the Xbox One because it's a brand they like. There are also people who don't give a damn what policies they have, they just enjoy the Xbox One in general.

So it's not about being a fanboy, it's about going with what you think is best for YOURSELF. Fanboy crap aside, I don't think many people are rooting for them to fail, they just don't care anymore and have switched sides.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Don't let companies take advantage of us!
#82Shadowfxd2Posted 8/2/2014 7:55:41 PM
didn't really need a poll to learn this. It's kind of common knowledge.
#83dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 9:17:16 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

I agree. I'm just a LITTLE surprised by how overwhelming the results were.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#84DarthDitkaPosted 8/2/2014 9:30:46 PM
Everybody I know has bought an X1 or is buying one soon. I know 3 PS3 guys that are jumping to the X1. One already has. I know 2 people that own PS4s so I guess its all relative. In my area Xbox one dominates just like the 360 did.
---
XBOX: Shiftee Cent
#85leelee3105Posted 8/2/2014 9:58:40 PM
sn3akywaffles posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...
Sometimes when I go to IHOP I keep it simple. The Smokehouse Combo usually hits the spot. There are times that I go for the Chicken Fajita Omelet

i cant ever seem to get anything other than pancakes when i go to ihop, its a blessing and a curse

The new York cheese cake pancakes are amazing
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#86SigmaLongshotPosted 8/2/2014 10:51:24 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

I agree. I'm just a LITTLE surprised by how overwhelming the results were.

No, you're not. Someone as invested as you are are completely aware of the situation at all times - "being surprised" isn't possible.

You're simply another one of the very many "Oh no, Oh Wow, Xbros!" posters that blight this board, and it's dishearteningly sad that you are so rapt in such a status.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#87SupaflyGibsonPosted 8/3/2014 12:06:27 AM
Terry-bogard posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
Terry-bogard posted...
Why does the community dislike the console so much? Someone please explain.

Nothing to explain , ps4 is better and offers better quality games . Of course no one wants an xbox , especially after so many false advertisements and backstab from microsoft.

Please explain how the ps4 is better? I like the X1's exclusives, online service, and controller more than those of the ps4. Better "quality" games is a matter of opinion and has no true measurement for comparison. Also 5 million x1 owners would disagree with you. And what backstab and false ads are you refering to?

Every game released on both platform has a superior ps4 version and the preview of future games shows that it's getting worse , this isn't a matter of opinion and is clearly shown in every gaming website in existence. If you did not witness or do not acknowledge microsoft being the lying jerk that it is (like betraying the early buyers) , then you are clearly delusional. Xbox live is clearly inferior to psn now with frequent crashes , and the "superior" xbox one controller requires batteries .... like in the 80's.
There is no debate on the ps4 being the best console here , now I would understand if you'd like the microsoft games better because THIS is a matter of opinion.
I own both X1 and ps4 and the comparison is painfull.
Also microsoft instantly lost the exclusivity of their flagship game "titanfall" with the devs and publisher crying about how they shouldn't have made it a microsoft exclusive.
Soooo yeah ...

Yes ps4 versions of multiplats are better Im not denying it, I'm just saying I prefer the X1 exclusives. Also the future lineup for both consoles IS up to opinion. Both consoles have a great lineup coming up and to say one is much better than the other objectively is pure fanboyism. Xbl hasn't not been down as a whole, trolls like to play it off as it has been though. Yesterday xbl was down for some users on the 360, and the pbs app wasn't working. The sky isn't falling like it seems on this board(Not to mention dedicated servers for every game is pretty hard to beat). And the dual shock 4 is a great controller I just prefer the x1's bc of the triggers and placement of the analog sticks. If you don't like it bc it has batteries that fine, but to compare to a controller from the 80s? Really?

See how I'm not being a fanboy and trying to have an honest objective discussion? None of the reasons you listed are "console killers" despite what you may want.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#88Kazuya_80Posted 8/3/2014 12:30:30 AM(edited)
GRTooCool posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
I'm not sure if it's about disliking the xbox one at this point.
It seems to be more about people either not caring for it or disliking what Microsoft tried to do.

Right now, after the 180s, there really is nothing wrong with the xbox one, outside of it being slightly weaker than the ps4 but sold at the same price.

We have a winner. You hit the nail on the head and most people seem to ignore this comment because they can't get their fanboy shades off.

I skipped the PS3 because when their console came out, their asking price 500-600 was extremely insulting. I got a 360 instead, and despite two RRoDs, I still enjoyed it immensely.

Fast forward to E3 2013. What Microsoft tried to do was absolutely disgusting and thus why many people did not want to support it and have made/will make the switch to the PS4. Sure, Microsoft did a 180 on practically everything, but after the crap they pulled... I'm honestly still not convinced that they won't 180 all their 180s.

Fact is, there are people who have forgiven Microsoft with the 180s and have bought the Xbox One because it's a brand they like. There are also people who don't give a damn what policies they have, they just enjoy the Xbox One in general.

So it's not about being a fanboy, it's about going with what you think is best for YOURSELF. Fanboy crap aside, I don't think many people are rooting for them to fail, they just don't care anymore and have switched sides.

I dont think most the millions buying these consoles know what the internet even is to be honest, ok thats exagerating but you get the picture
#89dnmtPosted 8/3/2014 2:38:55 AM
DarthDitka posted...
Everybody I know has bought an X1 or is buying one soon. I know 3 PS3 guys that are jumping to the X1. One already has. I know 2 people that own PS4s so I guess its all relative. In my area Xbox one dominates just like the 360 did.

Your area seems to be the rare exception, not the norm.
#90archibald3Posted 8/3/2014 2:54:53 AM
Gamefaqs represents the gaming community, so don't try to twist the situation.
---

Lmao isn't twisting the situation your sole purpose? You've been a troll of the highest order here for some time . Are you actually under the impression that you're flying under the radar ?

Love the feigned naivety in the post too !
"Someone explain this to me I just don't understand why " (even though I've been hanging around here mocking the Xbox for months on end) lol..