Unique and Interesting mechanics you'd love to see return?

#21duericPosted 8/3/2014 12:02:13 AM
pnut3844 posted...
dueric posted...
Braid's time bending thing was pretty dope.

I've seen gameplay and it basically copied prince of Persia but made it infinite. What's fun about never being able to die?

Great contribution, dude.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#22aj4x94Posted 8/3/2014 12:05:45 AM
Health bars and med kits.

Or just a slightly more complex method of rejuvination.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#23Sith JediPosted 8/3/2014 12:09:31 AM
pnut3844 posted...
dueric posted...
Braid's time bending thing was pretty dope.

I've seen gameplay and it basically copied prince of Persia but made it infinite. What's fun about never being able to die?

It's a puzzle game, not an action game. It's one of the few modern games that has legitimately difficult puzzles.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#24n0suchluckPosted 8/3/2014 12:49:57 AM
There was a Mech game called Chromehounds for the xbox 360 that had an amazing online mode that I never understood why it wasn't implemented in other online games. Basically it was an all out war between 3 factions. Once you picked a faction every time you won or loss an online game it effected the outcome of your faction taking over a certain section of the map. The war would generally last 2-3 weeks and than reset. It was an awesome idea and made mp mode interesting and meaningful. Put this in a Battlefield type game and I would actually be interested in getting a FPS again
---
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."-George Carlin
#25SixStringHeroPosted 8/3/2014 12:55:27 AM
Difficulty levels that do not feel artificial.

I really cannot think of many game outside of Halo that actually make each difficulty level feel different. On higher settings enemies become more aggressive and dynamic. They also are more plentiful which means you will be facing much more imposing odds on higher difficulties as opposed to playing on easier difficulties levels.

Most games just keep the same amount of enemies but turn them into bullet sponges with higher damage outputs.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#26da_StoOgePosted 8/3/2014 2:50:19 AM
SixStringHero posted...

I really cannot think of many game outside of Halo that actually make each difficulty level feel different. On higher settings enemies become more aggressive and dynamic. They also are more plentiful which means you will be facing much more imposing odds on higher difficulties as opposed to playing on easier difficulties levels.

Most games just keep the same amount of enemies but turn them into bullet sponges with higher damage outputs.

The only games that consistently do this are hack and slashers.
Enemy behaviour tends to be completely different in games like DMC and Ninja Gaiden once you increase the difficulty.
---
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."
#27McNabFishPosted 8/3/2014 2:58:44 AM
n0suchluck posted...
There was a Mech game called Chromehounds for the xbox 360 that had an amazing online mode that I never understood why it wasn't implemented in other online games. Basically it was an all out war between 3 factions. Once you picked a faction every time you won or loss an online game it effected the outcome of your faction taking over a certain section of the map. The war would generally last 2-3 weeks and than reset. It was an awesome idea and made mp mode interesting and meaningful. Put this in a Battlefield type game and I would actually be interested in getting a FPS again

Guild wars 2's WvWvW would like to have a word with you...
---
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
#28n0suchluckPosted 8/3/2014 9:30:34 AM
McNabFish posted...
n0suchluck posted...

Guild wars 2's WvWvW would like to have a word with you...

Didn't know about that. It sounds cool but I was talking about something outside the realm of MMO's(not that I hate mmo's). Like for example, Titanfall is an online only game. Would've been a lot more interesting if they implemented it in that game. Imo it would've kept the game from getting boring cause at least there would be an objective to playing mp constantly other than to just prestige your player
---
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."-George Carlin
#29aheroafakePosted 8/3/2014 9:42:40 AM
Recoil kickback from Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 and Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#302ndAtomiskPosted 8/3/2014 12:41:54 PM
SixStringHero posted...

Ninja Gaiden Black did harder difficulties perfectly in my opinion. I still remember running into the Vigoorian Berserker for the first time.

You know one thing I'm starting to miss though. Health bars and health pick ups. This is something that's becoming increasingly rare these days.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif