Would you say Xbox One will be Microsoft's most disappointing console ever

#41richboy900Posted 8/3/2014 2:05:39 AM
XboxDruggie posted...
richboy900 posted...
Yes, and I'm more of an Xbox fan. The one isn't a pure gaming machine like the original Xbox or the 360. I'll probably get the one later on, but I got the Xbox and 360 at launch. I'm not as ecstatic for the xb1.

So that I'm reading your comment correctly, you don't even own an Xbox One but are claiming it's MS's most disappointing console?

As for most disappointing ever… how could we even answer that if we haven't experienced any of their future consoles yet?

Because it isn't as focused on gaming like the old Xbox or 360 was. Those were made for gaming first and foremost.

The one has good games and will get better ones later on, but the hardware isn't impressive and too much time/money went towards kinect. If only it was put towards a better gpu, the one in the Xbox one isn't powerful whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong, I feel ninth gen isn't powerful at all be it ps4 or Xbox one. It's kind of like Sony realized Microsoft was going for an all round media console and developing kinect. So they held back going over the top with decent hardware.
#42richboy900Posted 8/3/2014 2:09:08 AM
DojoMax posted...
richboy900 posted...
Yes, and I'm more of an Xbox fan. The one isn't a pure gaming machine like the original Xbox or the 360. I'll probably get the one later on, but I got the Xbox and 360 at launch. I'm not as ecstatic for the xb1.

what is it then? cause I'm pretty sure I've played a lot of games on it.

Do the games look/feel next gen? Be honest.
#43richboy900Posted 8/3/2014 2:16:56 AM
n0suchluck posted...
I would say the 360 would be the most disappointing console. If you look at it on the basis of the console itself and not the UI, controller and/or games. With it being inferior, power wise, to the ps3 and factor in the amount of RROD that occurred, the 360 was a poorly made console. With that being said though, I played my 360 10x more than my ps3...go figure

The PS3 had more power but it only showed in its exclusive games. The 360 had a better gpu (remarkable for its time) and ram setup. It ended up with superior multiplat games, but that's also because it was much easier to develop for than the PS3.

Playing skyrim or rainbow six on a 360 then on a PS3 is quite an obvious difference. The PS3 has more frame drops, esp on split screen on r6 Vegas.
#44TenzhiPosted 8/3/2014 3:10:32 AM
richboy900 posted...

All it takes to look/feel "next gen" is to look/feel better than the previous gen. So the honest answer is yes.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#45MusuoJoePosted 8/3/2014 4:14:30 AM
I voted to early yet..
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#46Darth StalinPosted 8/3/2014 4:21:51 AM
richboy900 posted...
DojoMax posted...
richboy900 posted...

It looks and feels better than the 360. I remember going from the OG Xbox to the 360 and the gfx improvement was not that great at first. It eventually got better as time went on. And the games started to pour in later on as well.
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.
#47richboy900Posted 8/3/2014 4:35:35 AM
Darth Stalin posted...
richboy900 posted...
DojoMax posted...
richboy900 posted...

It looks and feels better than the 360. I remember going from the OG Xbox to the 360 and the gfx improvement was not that great at first. It eventually got better as time went on. And the games started to pour in later on as well.

While you're right, and I'm sure developers will get more from xbox one in time, I was pretty impressed when the 360 came out. Perfect dark and pgr3 looked awesome. I struggled to go back to my old xbox.

But nfs most wanted was a port like most early games are. Most wanted was one of the last great nfs games.
#48IzanamlPosted 8/3/2014 4:45:22 AM
I'd say that the Xbox One was Microsoft's most disappointing thing in general, but then I'd have to ignore Windows 8, Surface, Zune, Don "The Man with 3 First Names" Matrick, #dealwithit, Bing, and... BLUE!!!
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
"It is indeed a precious gift to understand the forces that guide oneself"- Arcana V The Hierophant
#49ExDiosPosted 8/3/2014 4:55:28 AM(edited)
They did everything right with the 360, save for the rrod. Software-wise it was great.

Yes the X1 so far is the most disappointing console.

There's a chance there wont be anymore consoles in a few years, so the X1 may forever be the worst.
---
Anime currently watching: Hunter x Hunter (2011), No Game No Life
Games Currently Playing: Ryse: Son of Rome, Wolfenstein: TNO
#50EnclavePosted 8/3/2014 9:05:26 AM
Way too early to say. Nobody can really justify any other option.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.