will Gears of War be good?

#1reptileeggPosted 8/2/2014 4:52:34 PM
will Gears of War be good?
#2mcnichojPosted 8/2/2014 4:56:32 PM
They know everyone liked the first three way more than J so I don't see them continuing much that J added to the series and it instead a revert to the old.
So yes, it will be good.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#3Dev445Posted 8/2/2014 4:56:49 PM
Only time will tell, but now that Rod is back I have no doubt it will be good. I think they know most Gears fans hated Judgement (me included). So all they have to do is improve on the Gears 3 formula while adding new characters, weapons, game modes, story, etc.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#4warz0r09Posted 8/2/2014 5:03:37 PM
judgement was by a sister developer though people can fly who made bulletstorm.

It also was a spin off like ODST for Halo.
#5aheroafakePosted 8/2/2014 5:26:50 PM
Judgement sucked so I doubt it.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#6gohoanqPosted 8/2/2014 5:30:34 PM
aheroafake posted...

You doubt it because a spin off done by a different dev team wanting to leave their own mark on the series wasn't quite up to par with the trilogy?? :/

I think the next Gears will be fine, especially since Rod is the one in charge of its development. I'm fully expecting a new numbered Gears with all the ridiculous amounts of hype that comes along with it.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#7zerooo0Posted 8/2/2014 5:35:39 PM
aheroafake posted...

So because one game sucked you think the rest will when Gears has a great track record? By that logic I shouldn't expect Uncharted 4 to be good because Uncharted 3 was lack luster compared to 2.

Also we don't even know anything about this Gears game, so it's of no use speculating until they show something.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#8reptileegg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 5:37:57 PM
zerooo0 posted...
aheroafake posted...

So because one game sucked you think the rest will when Gears has a great track record? By that logic I shouldn't expect Uncharted 4 to be good because Uncharted 3 was lack luster compared to 2.

Also we don't even know anything about this Gears game, so it's of no use speculating until they show something.

also - this boards dissapoints me. You were all supposed to copy and paste "will Gears of War be good?" and that would have been mildly amusing.
#9WarsuhPosted 8/2/2014 8:41:56 PM
Now Rod is back, so I'm sure it will be amazing. Keep in mind Rod left Epic right after the release of Gears 3 so he did not make Judgement.
#10TBONE_OGPosted 8/2/2014 9:35:59 PM
warz0r09 posted...
judgement was by a sister developer though people can fly who made bulletstorm.

It also was a spin off like ODST for Halo.

I hate being such a gears fan. Because I always have to point out to guys like this that People Can Fly did the Judgment campaign. EPIC dev'd the MP. And Cliff and Rod both worked on Judgment before they left. A lot of changes were approved by them.

Judgment was okay. Not great but okay. Some good moves in that game, but a lot of bad ones.

Looking forward to Gears 4 -- big time. I have a feelings it's going to be... Epic.
---
Always O.G.