Capturing the essence of Modern Warfare 2?

#1CegenPosted 8/2/2014 9:09:11 PM
Do you think any game will once have the essence of COD: MW2? I cannot find a COD that has the same gameplay as MW2, I don't know maybe someone else feels the same way. I think most FPS do not have the same allure MW2 had.
---
Gamertag: DarkGremio PSN: Theril
Friend Code: 0791 - 2030 - 5458
#2Infinite 2003Posted 8/2/2014 9:13:55 PM
Hopefully the essence of being over casualised and terrible stays with MW2. The game where CoD went wrong.
---
I hate popular stuff, and that makes me really, really cool.
#3pnut3844Posted 8/2/2014 9:16:34 PM
Infinite 2003 posted...
Hopefully the essence of being over casualised and terrible stays with MW2. The game where CoD went wrong.

Agreed. Worst cod, by far. A total campfest, everyone trying to get nukes, one killstreak got you to the next. If anyone actually likes this game, they are a total noob and I challenge them to 1v1 halo 3, where skills mean everything.
#4chicken8orPosted 8/2/2014 9:20:35 PM
MW2...the beginning of the end.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#5Reece504Posted 8/2/2014 9:21:12 PM
I've heard a lot of cod players say mw2 was the best one well it's between that and mw1
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#6Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/2/2014 9:21:40 PM
Without OMA/DC and that knifing from a mile away perk it would easily have the best MP experience. It's the huge maps that made it great. Although my experience with Cod online is a little different from most since i almost play exclusively S&D and those maps were absolutely perfect for the game mode. also the titles and emblems were awesome to work towards
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#7Cegen(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 9:23:42 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...

Agreed. Worst cod, by far. A total campfest, everyone trying to get nukes, one killstreak got you to the next. If anyone actually likes this game, they are a total noob and I challenge them to 1v1 halo 3, where skills mean everything.

Ok...run-on
---
Gamertag: DarkGremio PSN: Theril
Friend Code: 0791 - 2030 - 5458
#8pnut3844Posted 8/2/2014 9:24:02 PM
Reece504 posted...
I've heard a lot of cod players say mw2 was the best one well it's between that and mw1

If they said that, they are one of the camping noobs who loved that the killstreak system took virtually all skill from the game. Truth hurts but it's still truth.
#9Sith JediPosted 8/2/2014 11:20:54 PM
Tbh, I've had more fun with MW2 than any other online shooter except maybe PvZ. I think the unbalanced broken mess along with the great maps are what made it awesome. Plus booster hunting was sometimes more fun than just playing the game regularly...dat hilarious hatemail.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#10zerooo0Posted 8/3/2014 12:24:52 AM
Titanfall gives me a great MW2 vibe some odd reason. Maybe it's just the thought that Respawn has some of the members from IW in them drilled into my brain that Respawn became Old IW to my eyes that Titanfall is a spiritual successor to MW2. What Call of Duty could've become. Now you could say it worked out for the better we get Titanfall and Call of Duty. The only cost Titanfall first game lack of content while later ones will add more. Just like any new developers making a new IP you start out small then go big.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton