Capturing the essence of Modern Warfare 2?

#21mcnichojPosted 8/3/2014 1:23:41 AM
pnut3844 posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...
Hopefully the essence of being over casualised and terrible stays with MW2. The game where CoD went wrong.

Agreed. Worst cod, by far. A total campfest, everyone trying to get nukes, one killstreak got you to the next. If anyone actually likes this game, they are a total noob and I challenge them to 1v1 halo 3, where skills mean everything.
Because that makes sense, challenge people to a different game for liking a game you don't like.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#22VeiledGenesisPosted 8/3/2014 2:25:41 AM
If you want that MW2 experience and feel (perhaps because you don't know any better, or because you genuinely think you'll seem cool for hating on all the other games), then why not just go back and play the damn game? I don't sit around pining for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich-esque imitator. I go and get myself a ****ing sandwich.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#23aaronj904Posted 8/3/2014 4:09:48 AM
Maybe I liked it most because MW2 was the first COD I played, but that is the most fun I had with any so far. Peoples complaints are understandable with the camping and trying to get a nuke. However I didn't mind that. I played way to much and got pretty good with the sniper. If your good with a sniper in MW2 then you became hard to beat.
My opinion is that the sniper became harder to use in newer COD and that is why I struggled with the newer ones.
#24LEGEND_725Posted 8/3/2014 4:12:07 AM
pnut3844 posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...
Hopefully the essence of being over casualised and terrible stays with MW2. The game where CoD went wrong.

Agreed. Worst cod, by far. A total campfest, everyone trying to get nukes, one killstreak got you to the next. If anyone actually likes this game, they are a total noob and I challenge them to 1v1 halo 3, where skills mean everything.

Thank you. I cringe when ppl say mw2 was good. Most broken cod ever.

Care package glitch
Noob tube one man army
Commando
OP kill streaks
Every gun is a laser beam
Shotgun secondary
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#25PoweredMilkManPosted 8/3/2014 4:15:15 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...

Care package glitch
Noob tube one man army
Commando
OP kill streaks
Shotgun secondary

Didn't the scavenger perk reload noob tube gernades? I remember one of cod games did. The game wasn't nothing but grenade launcher matches on most maps
---
X1 GT:Bloodandbourbon Ps4 ID:Bloodandbourbon
#26lunaticcorePosted 8/3/2014 4:20:37 AM
MW2 also had the Javelin glitch and was easily the most hacked up COD. They gave up on fixing the exploits on the PS3 version.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#27aaronj904Posted 8/3/2014 4:25:23 AM
forgot about the secondary shotgun! Yeah that was a big bonus in my book. I don't remember the other stuff but it probably was in the game. I remember at the end it was glitching pretty bad. I stopped playing after the glitch where if you were shot you would launch in the air hundreds of feet up the come down and die.
#28_Doomguy_Posted 8/3/2014 5:30:56 AM
Modern Warfare 2 broken or not...it was the most fun i've ever had on any online FPS. Staying up all night playing S&D talking crap then inviting everyone to a private Free for all game. Little kids screaming through their mics, some blasting music, you could hear the conversations they were having in the background, guys speaking in other languages, trash talking, giving tips to each other. People using commando pro and one man army, them nukes and ac-130s, the model 1887 akimbo or whatever it was called. Man i wish i could go back when everyone was playing it, specially my schoolmates back in 9th grade.
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#29aaronj904Posted 8/3/2014 5:57:02 AM
VeiledGenesis posted...
If you want that MW2 experience and feel (perhaps because you don't know any better, or because you genuinely think you'll seem cool for hating on all the other games), then why not just go back and play the damn game? I don't sit around pining for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich-esque imitator. I go and get myself a ****ing sandwich.

I don't feel TC was hating on the other games. Just didn't feel the same magic as MW2. Not a big deal. Everyone has different opinions
#30Jedi454Posted 8/3/2014 6:13:24 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Infinite 2003 posted...

Care package glitch
Noob tube one man army
Commando
OP kill streaks
Shotgun secondary

But SnD mate... (Y)
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("